• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Theater Dorks

Musicroxmysox

Verified
Come out come out where ever you are!

So what are some of your favorite plays? Anyone? Drama, musicals, other? Share I'm curious.

I love musicals. Saw a production of Beauty and the Beast tonight that was wonderful!

Some of my favorite shows:

Sweeney Todd
Into the Woods
Spring Awakening
Avenue Q
Pippin

Went to see Shakespeare in the Park a few weeks ago here in LA. Watched Twelfth Night and thought it was fantastic.

:couch:

Zombie Prom
Hairspray
The Producers
Reefer Madness
Grease
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
Rent

Musical theatre was an avenue I almost traveled myself.

Phantom of The Opera.
Sweeney Todd.

Never actually saw one live, though have you tubes almost every video there is of the play live.

I used to do a lot of theatre, and still see things here and there... My wife is a costume designer and has worked at several theaters... She's also a musical fanatic... so I'm sure I'll always be involved in it some way or another...

At any rate, some of my favorites include:

Two Gentlemen of Verona (70s rock musical version)
Rhinoceros
Line
Buried Child
Taming of the Shrew
A Midsummer Night's Dream
Romeo and Juliet (my first "favorite" play as a teenager)
Hamlet
Othello
A Funny Thing Happened On the Way to the Forum
Fiddler On the Roof
Big River

and some of the newer musicals
Avenue Q
Les Miserables
The Who's Tommy

phantom and les mes are my favs but i also love the classic shakespear performances of hamlet, romeo and juliette, etc.

I started out as a theatre major in college, that's how I met my husband; once upon a time I wanted to be a singer/performer. What's funny is I usually can't stand musicals, the happiness overkill gets on my nerves pretty quickly; I haven't been onstage since Little Shop of Horrors in '93. My fave productions are the Fantasticks (I NEVER get tired of that soundtrack :triangle:) Much Ado, Sweet Charity, Purlie Victorious, Vinegar Tom, School for Wives, and I can watch Lear every day. I love West Side Story but it's too damn long...

I'm still slightly damaged by the all black and latino version of Oklahoma! my high school did, it was actually well done for a high school production but...damn...:shock: My senior year we redeemed ourselves with a hip-hop/New Jack Swing version of Annie that was amazing.

To perform in, "Death of A Salesman" was an ordeal, but "The Ransom Of Red Chief" and "Dracula" were a lot of fun. As for being in the audience, "Cinderella" was enchanting (no pun intended), and "Hamlet" was riveting. I guess my all-time favorite has gotta be "Les Miserables", though. I have yet to see a live performance of "The Phantom of the Opera", but it's high on my to-do list. There are others I'm forgetting...

I've seen a few things live...

Oklahoma
Guys & Gals
Nunsense
Fiddler on the Roof
Joseph
Spamalot
Grease
Pippin

Pippin is up there, simply because they did such an amazing job on the production. The one I enjoyed the most, though, was Nunsense. I just enjoy laughing at myself and my heritage. :upsidedow

I'm big into Carol Shields, my favourite is Thirteen Hands. I saw it performed for the fiirst time when I was a grumpy teenager living in The Wilderness where there is almost no theatre.

So, now that I live in a place where I can go to the theatre every night if I want to, I tend to aim for new, experimental stuff. Gilmourhill in Glasgow is a good place for this, as is the entire city of Edinburgh in August. I'm looking forward to seeing something called Anna the Slut at the Edinburgh Fringe this year.

Last year I saw a play at The Tron in Glasgow called The Wonderful World of Dystopia, it was one of the best portrayals of mental illness I've seen.

As far as mainstream goes, I'm a big fan of The Vagina Monologues. Last time I saw a performance, everyone in the audience, mostly well-to-do looking middle-aged ladies, piled into the pub next door afterwards. Someone in the pub shouted "****", which led to almost all of us bellowing "****! ****! ****!". The faces on the punters who were there before we piled in were just priceless. (For those who haven't been to the Vagina Monologues, part of the performance involves the whole audience shouting '****' repeatedly, as a way of reappropriating misogynistic language.)

Yay love for Sondheim from many!

Lucy I absolutely adored The Vagina Monologues. I've yet to see a production but the book was so moving I read it in about one sitting.

I've seen Avenue Q and that was super swell as well. (No alliteration intended.) :)

Of course soundtracks to anything are wonderful. Thanks for sharing, keep it coming people!

My university just put on a musical adaptation of 'A Clockwork Orange'.

It was very...very...very odd.

Jesus Christ Superstar is one of my all time favorite musicals. Andrew Lloyd Webber at his best, IMO. I watched the movie version with my boyfriend a couple of weeks ago and had to restrain myself from singing along. I also liked Phantom a lot, but it doesn't have quite the edge of JC Superstar.

Other musicals I have enjoyed: Hair, Chicago, Evita and Hedwig & The Angry Inch...all I thought were well-crafted musicals.

Non-musicals: Oleanna, Glengarry Glen Ross (big fan of David Mamet), Six Degrees of Separation, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead.

Come out come out where ever you are!

So what are some of your favorite plays? Anyone? Drama, musicals, other? Share I'm curious.

I love musicals. Saw a production of Beauty and the Beast tonight that was wonderful!

Gee, do I even have enough time to scratch the surface with this one?

Phantom
Rent (pre-movie buzz)
Avenue Q
She Loves Me
Oklahoma
Wicked
Little Shop of Horrors
Its a Wonderful Life (you've really got to search to find this one in musical form)
Jeckyl & Hyde (forgive the spelling, im getting too sleepy to look it up)
Beauty & the Beast
Les Miserables
Ragtime

...the list goes on :)

Frankie and Johnny in the Clair de Lune is a great play.

Do sixties off-off-Broadway plays count. Saw much of that as a kid. In the park in SF, even. Hair and Jesus Christ Superstar tripped me out as a kid. Seein' the movies were amusin', later. I wasn't the only kid hummin' along 'cause I remembered the music, either. *shrug* California, baby.

Love Shakespeare's work. Big time. I've even seen some really BADLY done Shakespeare that became good as comedy.

I actually liked working theatre in college, on boards or as a hand. Stage is good.

Yay love for Sondheim from many!

Lucy I absolutely adored The Vagina Monologues. I've yet to see a production but the book was so moving I read it in about one sitting.

I've seen Avenue Q and that was super swell as well. (No alliteration intended.) :)

Of course soundtracks to anything are wonderful. Thanks for sharing, keep it coming people!

I've been lucky to see the Vagina Monologues twice, once in Glasgow and once in London. Last time I saw it in Glasgow, I was with some friends who had also seen it in different cities, and we had a talk about how dramatically different the interpretations are based on location, both by the performers and the audience.

Come to think of it, I lent my book to a friend at least two years ago, he was trying to encourage his 9yr old daughter to read it. But surely she's read it by now! I want my book back!

I'm not a big theatre fan but I went to see Tom Stoppard's Arcadia whilst studying it for an A Level and thought that was quite good. Typically clever and intellectual and stuff. Other than that it's Shakespeare and not much else. Aside from panto, but EVERYONE likes panto.

Do sixties off-off-Broadway plays count. Saw much of that as a kid. In the park in SF, even. Hair and Jesus Christ Superstar tripped me out as a kid. Seein' the movies were amusin', later. I wasn't the only kid hummin' along 'cause I remembered the music, either. *shrug* California, baby.

Love Shakespeare's work. Big time. I've even seen some really BADLY done Shakespeare that became good as comedy.

I actually liked working theatre in college, on boards or as a hand. Stage is good.

You know I was going to mention some of Shakespeare's plays, but I figured he so great that he's in a class all by himself.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned Arthur Miller yet, but I just finished "Death of a Salesman" this morning.

Would love to see it on stage if I get the chance.

What's New

5/6/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for the webs largest one-stop fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back