• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Things we used to watch

XaviarRkR

TMF Regular
Having had a few cans, I decided to search for a few old faves I once watched. I turned up little, but it got me thinking about what I used to watch, and what I still do watch when ever it's on.

And thus, what did we all used to watch?

Here's my list

1) Inspector Gadget
2) Count Duckula
3) Doctor Who (the last five or three years of it)
4) Star Trek repeats and TNG (And the TMP films or course)
5) Battlestar Galactica repeats

Number six is a bit of a mystery because I've only seen the season of it once, about15 years ago ro more, and it is almost impossible to find anything on the subject.

6) that Aussie seriese with the flying red bus with a blimp style balloon on the top. THink it was caleld Professor Poopsnaggles Steam Zeppelin, from ra few succesful searches. It seems to have vanished into obscurity. Does anyone remember it?

Here's my list of fave tv shows I used to watch:

1) Everything XaviarRkR already mentioned :)
2) Grange Hill (still do)
3) Byker Grove (still do)
4) Neighbours (still do)
5) Buffy the Vampire Slayer
6) The Tribe
7) Roswell High

It's apparantly a spinnoff or sequell to something called the secret vally, whatever that was.

1. TMNT (The Cartoon and the movies... Gotta love thems turtles!)
2. Samurai Pizza Cats (Guido Anchovie was the best!)
3. Star Trek TNG
4. "Salute your Shorts"
5. Doug
6. The Simpsons

1. Shazzam
2. Big Foot and WildBoy
3. SuperFriends
4. Six Million Dollar Man
6. Love American Style
(showing my age yet?)
7. The Match Game
8. Jokers Wild

Some more...
The Simpsons (duh - how could I forget that?)
The Powerpuff Girls (am I showing my maturity yet? :p)
Press Gang
The Girl from Tomorrow
Halfway Across the Galaxy and Turn Left

Here's my list of TV shows I watched or still watch
1. Star Trek
2. M*A*S*H
3. All in the Family
4. The Andy Griffith Show
5. I Dream of Jeannie
6. The Dick Van Dyke Show
7. The Munsters
8. The Addams Family
9. The Beverly Hillbillies
10. The Love Boat
11. The Bob Newhart Show(All of them)
12. Cheers
13. Happy Days
14. The Six Million Dollar Man
15. Wonder Women
16. Batman
17. Little House on the Prairie
18. Gunsmoke
19. Home Improvement
20. Emergency
21. The Golden Girls
22. Mr. Ed
23. Bonanza
24. Married with Children
25. The Waltons
And a couple of Golden Oldies (I know I am showing my age)
1. Dragnet
2. I Love Lucy

The only older shows I still watch are:

M*A*S*H
Seinfeld
Classic Saturday Night Live repeats

Oh! I forgot

Square One TV (Am I showing my lame Math TV-l33tness yet?)

I've watched most of those that people have listed, but I was walking in Walmart the other day and saw the dvd box set for Land of the Lost. Used to watch that! And that one dinosaur show (was it just called Dinosaurs?) where the baby used to say something like "Love the baby" or "Oops the baby" or SOMETHING like that.

1. I Love Lucy...still rewards watching after all these decades. Lucy herself is brilliant, but so is the rest of the cast. (Desi Arnaz has never gotten the respect he deserves, in my opinion.) And the splendid cavalcade of guest stars! Hollywood's finest lined up for the chance to appear with Lucy.

2. The Dick van Dyke Show...was a perfect blend of verbal wit and visual humor, with the best ensemble cast ever assembled.

3. Have Gun, Will Travel....was the thinking man's western, as literate as it was action-packed. Richard Boone was one of the most underrated actors of the 20th century.

4. The Burns and Allen Show...was like nothing before or since on TV, a sitcom about show business people in which George would frequently step outside the scene and address the viewer directly, somewhat like the Stage Manager in "Our Town." And there was Gracie, one of the greatest comic characters of all time, worthy to be ranked with Mistress Quickly, Mrs. Malaprop, and the Red Queen. (When a lady leaving one of Gracie's house parties points toward the terrace and asks, "Can I go out this way?" Gracie replies, "You can if you like, dear, but don't poke anyone in the eye!")

5. Rocky and his Friends...I loved Rocky and Bullwinkle even as a child when I didn't understand 75% of the gags. It's even better now that I'm a graduate of Wossamatta U.

Used to watch wrestling till ecw died
the origional batman tv series
star trek deep space nine

I know if I continually click back to the other lists here I'll be reminded of tons of stuff I wouldn't have remembered otherwise. So i'll list the stuff that reallty sticks out without my memory really being jogged.

When I was very young I was a big fan of:

Rainbow Brite
Care Bears
My Little Pony

(the great trio of 80's kiddie fare)

Followed by...

Punky Brewster
You Can't Do That on Television
Silver Spoons
and some show that I watched religiously but I can't remember the name of. About a teenage girl who's father was an alien who talks to her through a glowing cube. Anyone?

Still later...

Classic reruns like
Dick VanDyke
I Love Lucy
Mr. Ed
Bewitched
I Dream of Jeanie
as well as
Growing Pains
Golden Girls (for some reason)
Star Trek TNG

I've watched a LOT of television lol

ignatz01 said:
The Burns and Allen Show...was like nothing before or since on TV, a sitcom about show business people in which George would frequently step outside the scene and address the viewer directly, somewhat like the Stage Manager in "Our Town." And there was Gracie, one of the greatest comic characters of all time, worthy to be ranked with Mistress Quickly, Mrs. Malaprop, and the Red Queen. (When a lady leaving one of Gracie's house parties points toward the terrace and asks, "Can I go out this way?" Gracie replies, "You can if you like, dear, but don't poke anyone in the eye!")

I loved this show. I would sit and laugh my freakin' ass off. Do you know if it is available on dvd?????

Also watched.....

Smurfs
The Littles
The Muppet Show (It's time to get things started, it's time to light the lights)
Buffy
Charmed (Still watch this. It's my fave)
Golden Girls
Designing Women
M*A*S*H
Friends
Will & Grace

and my fave of all time...........The SuperFriends!

Superman, WonderWoman, Batman, Robin, Aquaman, Black Vulcan, Samauri, Apache Chief, El Dorado, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Rima the Jungle Girl, Green Lantern, Flash, Firestorm, Cyborg, The WonderTwins!!!!

Attachments

• sfdvd.jpg
    sfdvd.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 15
George and Gracie on DVD

Amazon lists several compilations, C.D., but I don't own any myself and can't vouch for the technical quality of any of the packages. The shows, of course, would be terrific. Gracie could make a cow laugh!

ah the Golden Girls. I can't quite remember the plot line of that one other than Blanch griping about this and that. Or was that something else?

I used to watch a lot of the shows already posted, most of them actually, so I'm not gonna re-mention them... But I remember a few that haven't come up yet:

Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, I love that show and still watch it sometimes, I have the theme songs and all...
Thundercats(can't believe this one hadn't been mentioned)
And one of my favorites, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air :D :D :D ...

nessonite said:
and some show that I watched religiously but I can't remember the name of. About a teenage girl who's father was an alien who talks to her through a glowing cube. Anyone?[/B]

I think I know that show, the girl had some kind of alien superpowers, she could stop time by putting her index fingers together; and... and...and... well, that's all I really remember about that show... and I don't remember the name either...

Ahh someone else watched it. The name will come to me eventually. I've only been trying to remember it for 10 years or so lol.
Forgot the mention The Smurfs. I'm sorry to say that I watched that smurfin' show all the time.

For Nessie and Janus....

"Out of This World" (1987)
The series revolves around Evie Garland, who is the daughter of Troy and Donna Garland. Troy, however, is an alien from the planet Anterias. As a benefit of her half-alien parentage, Evie develops three powers as the series progresses. She can pause and un-pause time, "gleep" objects into existence, and can transport herself from one place to another. Troy is living on Anterias and is never seen, but Evie talks to him via a crystal cube. Evie is thirteen at the beginning of the series and lives with her mother in Marlowe, California. Visitors to the Garland home include Donna's brother Beano; the mayor Kyle Applegate, a former actor; Lindsey, Evie's best friend; Chris, Evie's boyfriend; and Buzz, who tends to take things literally. Episodes usually revolve around Evie getting herself out of a situation that she has caused.

Charmed
Fraggle Rock
The Raggy Dolls
Mike and Angelo
Transformers
Thundercats
Mork & Mindy...

What's New

5/3/2024
If you need to report a post, click the report button to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back