• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Thread Bumping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piper1

Jeff, could you make this a sticky at the top of this page please?

Please refrain from thread bumping! When certain video producers get really greedy they just keep bumping their threads to the top of the page. This practice causes other honest producers to get bumped off the page without getting fair exposure time. I don't produce videos but I find it extremely annoying that I miss some new videos because they get bumped off the page so quick by these ignorant money grubbing loudmouths. Isn't there any way we could impose some sort of ban on these guys for continually using this practice to disrespect other producers?:ignite::Grrr::banghead::mad::rules: :rant::sowrong::ty:

I do not know if they will see this here or not.

If you have a concern it is best to PM MTP Jeff and Myriads, or put something in the suggestions & feedback subforum.

They are quicker to see it that way.

Rob

I'm not really sure what, if anything, can be done about that. I've noticed a problem with it too from time to time, but how do you tell when someone is just bumping their thread for no reason and when they have a real response to make. What standard would you use to decide when it was an inappropriate bump vs. a producer legitemately responding to his customers?

I try to respond to anyone who gives feedback in the threads I start about new videos. Maybe you should try the same thing, responding to your customers is not an unneccesarry bump. :)

I posted this thread in the video section because I only thought it was relevant for that section. I don't notice bumping much in other threads. Besides, how is moving the thread to this section going to deter people from bumping in the video section? Its really pretty easy to tell whats not appropriate! Actually, if you look at some this Zentickling guys threads he even comes right out and says he is bumping the thread so more people will buy his videos. He is notorius for it. He will take one of his threads that are a month old and bump it up by posting a stupid question like "Wasn't this a great video". These aren't questions by customers they are questions by him. He is out of control!

This world is all about give and take. Producers GIVE us FREE clips,and if TAKE our money if we like them enough to splash the cash.

Shameless promoting works wonders and if you're running a business you've got to be a bit cheeky every now and then. Apart from the regular masturbators (you know who you are) there will be members who don't use the forum very often, and its safe to say that the first three pages of clips (which may be all they view) won't be the BEST three pages of clips. It must be remembered that a clip thats forgotten about is a probably a clip that stops making money and thats not what you want after paying a lot to produce them in the first place.

A "greedy, ignorant, money grubbing loudmouth"? I guess that's why I constantly give out free clips from my store, including two that you can find in this forum. I don't even know you but for some reason you seem to have a personal vendetta against me. I respond to feedback, and if I have something new to say I'll post it.

If you're looking for newly posted videos, it's fairly easy to narrow the number of threads down by using the search function.

Select "Find posts since your last visit", and Sort the results by the "start date, and in descending order".

Bam. There's your new videos.

I thought you were going to talk about how somebody will every now and then post "Great clip" or something similar on 2 year old threads and continue for like 2 pages worth or ask you to vote for a certain model in the award thing. What you're talking about doesn't seem nearly as problematic as that.

:woot2::fish::slap::marchofthekitties::flatstare::lover::bsflag::dancingsheep::wave:

emoticons will let people know I'm super serial

I thought you were going to talk about how somebody will every now and then post "Great clip" or something similar on 2 year old threads and continue for like 2 pages worth

I thought the same thing; that, or my favorite - people saying "Can you post that clip again?" on five year old threads. Really, why do people even look that far back?

I posted this thread in the video section because I only thought it was relevant for that section. I don't notice bumping much in other threads. Besides, how is moving the thread to this section going to deter people from bumping in the video section? Its really pretty easy to tell whats not appropriate! Actually, if you look at some this Zentickling guys threads he even comes right out and says he is bumping the thread so more people will buy his videos. He is notorius for it. He will take one of his threads that are a month old and bump it up by posting a stupid question like "Wasn't this a great video". These aren't questions by customers they are questions by him. He is out of control!

I moved it here because it's a discussion, not a video. Having it in video clips, or not in video clips, isn't going to have anything to do with thread bumping.

How about this... if you see a post that you think is inappropriate, report it with the ! button at the top right corner of the post. If it's as obvious as you say it is, we'll see it when it goes up for moderation, and do something about it.

If you're looking for newly posted videos, it's fairly easy to narrow the number of threads down by using the search function.

Select "Find posts since your last visit", and Sort the results by the "start date, and in descending order".

Bam. There's your new videos.

Or you could just click "page 2"......

I'm not really sure what, if anything, can be done about that. I've noticed a problem with it too from time to time, but how do you tell when someone is just bumping their thread for no reason and when they have a real response to make. What standard would you use to decide when it was an inappropriate bump vs. a producer legitemately responding to his customers?

I agree that it would be hard to develop a standard. Possible ideas would be after a thread gets x pages back (3, 5, 10) it shouldn't be bumped or a time frame. If no one has posted in the thread for multiple months, it probably doesn't need to be bumped to the top. If a producer has honestly not noticed a reply for four or five months, they could respond in PM instead of bumping it up.

bumping frenzy

There is one vendor in particular who bumps his vids constantly with inane comments and replies to 6-month old posts from other members. To the moderator who asked, what would be the standard for deciding when bumps are excessive, just look at the post; and if you say to yourself, "oh COME ON dude," then it's gratuitous.

an example

Just to clarify, for example, a member might write something like "She has really nice feet." Then, six months later, the vendor might post a reply such as "really? what did you like about her feet?" The original post was not a question requiring a response, and certainly not months later. When this happens over and over, it should be obvious that it is gratuitous bumping.

Or you could just click "page 2"......

Now that is the smartest answer in this whole thread! :)

I personally don't understand why people have to complain about such minor things, especially about the vid producers who already give everyone enough free content. Let em bump all they want, who cares?

peace out,
daddy

Jeff, could you make this a sticky at the top of this page please?

Please refrain from thread bumping! When certain video producers get really greedy they just keep bumping their threads to the top of the page. This practice causes other honest producers to get bumped off the page without getting fair exposure time. I don't produce videos but I find it extremely annoying that I miss some new videos because they get bumped off the page so quick by these ignorant money grubbing loudmouths. Isn't there any way we could impose some sort of ban on these guys for continually using this practice to disrespect other producers?:ignite::Grrr::banghead::mad::rules: :rant::sowrong::ty:

There is one vendor in particular who bumps his vids constantly with inane comments and replies to 6-month old posts from other members. To the moderator who asked, what would be the standard for deciding when bumps are excessive, just look at the post; and if you say to yourself, "oh COME ON dude," then it's gratuitous.

Just to clarify, for example, a member might write something like "She has really nice feet." Then, six months later, the vendor might post a reply such as "really? what did you like about her feet?" The original post was not a question requiring a response, and certainly not months later. When this happens over and over, it should be obvious that it is gratuitous bumping.

Frankly, I think you should all get over yourself a little bit. The producers are members of this forum as well and as such, they have a right to post whenever and wherever they please.
Need we really enforce such draconian laws on producers because they are self promoting their material, however shamelessly? I really, really think not, and the day that a certain group of people on this forum is systematically restrained from doing what other members are perfectly free to do, will be a sad day for the TMF.

Plus, to paraphrase Skippy, it ain't fucking hard to click page two.

Last edited:
Frankly, I think you should get over yourself a little bit. The producers are members of this forum as well and as such, they have a right to post whenever and wherever they please.
Need we really enforce such draconian laws on producers because they are self promoting their material, however shamelessly? I really, really think not, and the day that a certain group of people on this forum is systematically restrained from doing what other members are perfectly free to do, will be a sad day for the TMF.

Plus, to paraphrase Skippy, it ain't fucking hard to click page two.

Who said anything about targeting a certain group of people? As far as I can tell everyone in this thread is talking about guidelines for everyone and just using producers as an example. In my opinion what is worse than a producer bumping is a person going into a bunch of year old threads and filling the whole first page with them after writing "cool clip" or something similar.

No one has a right to post whenever they please. They have the privilege to post when it is allowed by the moderators and the rules. At the moment as far as I know there are no restrictions on bumping threads. Some people would like to see them.

Edit: I'm not sure Draconian is the write word for describing a rule disallowing posts in threads that have been dead for six months.

No one has a right to post whenever they please. They have the privilege to post when it is allowed by the moderators and the rules. At the moment as far as I know there are no restrictions on bumping threads. Some people would like to see them.

And others of us see no problem with it. A quick search shows it hasn't been an issue in the past 8 years, and hell, thread bumping has been going on since the inception of this place. So why's it become an issue now?

Edit: I'm not sure Draconian is the write word for describing a rule disallowing posts in threads that have been dead for six months.

As someone who doesn't go into the VidClip section as often as I'd like to, I often miss certain clips. Sometimes a six month old clip is refreshing to view. I know this is an aside, but it's just my take on it.

If you're a "regular" member looking for new material, then as I showed before it's not entirely difficult to find what you want. If you're a producer, then, get involved! It's a competitive market ;)

This practice causes other honest producers to get bumped off the page without getting fair exposure time.

If it's that an important cause then why don't you "fight fire with fire" and bump those "honest producers" threads?

Actually, if you look at some this Zentickling guys threads he even comes right out and says he is bumping the thread so more people will buy his videos. He is notorius for it. He will take one of his threads that are a month old and bump it up by posting a stupid question like "Wasn't this a great video". These aren't questions by customers they are questions by him. He is out of control!

I don't understand how he's 'out of control' ? Because he bumps a thread? The guys bringing ace work to the forum and is kind enough (along with the other producers) to allow us free preview clips as well as with some producers who give us full clips for free.

So what if he wants to bump a thread up? If it's that big of a deal then find a producer you enjoy and feel is being so terribly wronged and bump his shit.

I thought the same thing; that, or my favorite - people saying "Can you post that clip again?" on five year old threads. Really, why do people even look that far back?

I can kinda speak to this. Not in reference to bumping, but when I first joined I actually started on the very last page and worked my way forward of a lot of subforums.

Some folks might bump and not realize it's going to go to front, or forgot how old it is. Yes, some do it to be dicks too. But, I don't consider this a case of anyone being a dick.

You can't click the next page button?

When this happens over and over, it should be obvious that it is gratuitous bumping.

So?

Why can't you just move onto the next page?

I use "thread start time"

Hi. I use the "thread start time" from the drop-down box at the bottom of the page to avoid "bumping" or comments that I don't really want to read that move the thread up (just a suggestion).

Poor producers! At times the only consolation they get from giving away freebies is a sincere "thank you" out of bumps... Maybe I can scientifically prove that not all those who download freebies are buyers, but it doesn't matter now because...

A single but sincere "thank you" + bump is *at times* more valuable than a sale!

You see, it's just a matter of sense of dignity and shame. This just reinforced an idea... With the place getting narrow, maybe it's time to arrange for secretly *paid* random "thread bumpers." :D

OR

How about if the forum function changes, say the threads are just chronologically arranged by date? The one that stays on top is the recent one.

I could just imagine the outrage. :sigh:

Personally, the "shameless promotion" in the clips/vids section is a bit tiring to me, but since it seems that that's mainly what that forum is "about", I avoid any issues with that by simply not spending as much time there as in other subforums. I mean, if "shameless promotion" bothers someone, frankly I think they're in the wrong forum there, since that's almost entirely what it's about.

Otherwise, I don't suppose the idea of making a rule against complaining about bumping threads would ever be seriously considered? That sort of obsessiveness seemed "old" to me the first time I saw it and it still seems as "much ado about nothing" as it ever did. Do these people really have nothing more important to worry about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Door 44 Productions
What's New

5/6/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for the webs largest one-stop fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back