• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Tickling and S&M

bttf4444

TMF Poster
I'm kinda curious. Why isn't the tickling fetish community fully embraced by the S&M community?

I think it's because we are seen as too 'normal' by people in the S&M community. The tickling fetish sort of hangs in limbo, not normal enough to *be* mainstream, but not unusual enough to be considered S&M. At least that's how I see it. :Hyrdrogen

Well if I had to guess it would be because laughing is associated with light-hearted fun and in BDSM, it's more associated with PAIN being the main focus and turn-on.

Last edited:
For many S/Mers, it's just a sensation that they cannot tolerate.
It causes them to react in ways which don't lead them to what
is often known as "sub-space", which is an overload of endorphins.

For a lot of s/m bottoms, that mind or bodyset is key to them
enjoying what they do, and when tickling is either the main focus,
or is interspersed in whatever other activities are going on, they
are unable to concentrate enough on the other activities to get
to that place they crave.

Lee

LeeAllure said:
For many S/Mers, it's just a sensation that they cannot tolerate.
It causes them to react in ways which don't lead them to what
is often known as "sub-space", which is an overload of endorphins.

For a lot of s/m bottoms, that mind or bodyset is key to them
enjoying what they do, and when tickling is either the main focus,
or is interspersed in whatever other activities are going on, they
are unable to concentrate enough on the other activities to get
to that place they crave.

Lee

Very interesting points. (Professor strokes his beard pensively). I have also heard it told to me that to tickle a very ticklish person is taking away a certain amount of control you don't take away with spanking, whipping, etc.

If you think about it, most S/M is based on a pain overload; tickling is a pleasure overload. Same nerve fibers, very different results.

Just some thoughts on a very interesting question,

Professor Tkl​

tklcouple said:
If you think about it, most S/M is based on a pain overload; tickling is a pleasure overload. Same nerve fibers, very different results.
That's only partly true. A LOT of SM isn't based on pain at all. And some is even based on what you call "pleasure overload." Orgasm control is an excellent example.

All the reasons that have been mentioned are valid:

• Tickling play is a hard limit for many masochists. They don't eroticize it, so it's not worth trying for them.
  • Tickling is seen by some, contrariwise, as too mild a sensation.
  • The reactions to tickling (or the reactions they expect, at least) aren't what some Tops are looking for.
  • They haven't been exposed to it, and don't know what they're missing.
One reason that hasn't been addressed is the great reluctance of many tickling fans to get involved with the SM community. There's a lot of stereotyping in both directions. I can tell you though that most SM fans to whom I've introduced tickling have liked it. And my tickling scenes have always been well-received in public playspaces.

I have to agree with Lee and the Professor.Many S/M bottoms simply can`t stand to be tickled,as they lose all control and are unable to marshal any resistance to the sensations they are experiencing.I personally feel that this is exactly why tickling fits perfectly with S/M.I don`t know about anyone else,but I can hold still for a pretty rough spanking,but you better have me in bondage for your own safety if you tickle me,especially for any length of time! I also think that more and more Dommes are discovering this themselves,and thus are incorporating tickling into their arsenal of torments. Perhaps Mistress Feral could shed some more light on this for us? :tickle:

kilitiinko1 said:
I have to agree with Lee and the Professor.Many S/M bottoms simply can`t stand to be tickled,as they lose all control and are unable to marshal any resistance to the sensations they are experiencing.I personally feel that this is exactly why tickling fits perfectly with S/M.I don`t know about anyone else,but I can hold still for a pretty rough spanking,but you better have me in bondage for your own safety if you tickle me,especially for any length of time! I also think that more and more Dommes are discovering this themselves,and thus are incorporating tickling into their arsenal of torments. Perhaps Mistress Feral could shed some more light on this for us? :tickle:

some awesome insight right here! what i find interesting is that, if one looks at any of the websites for the dungeons/fetish clubs 'round the U.S., you'll see that many of the subs/switches include tickling in their list of things they're into. some of the doms also include it in their list as well. to me, tickling is slowly but surely finding it's place among the S&M masses.

I think that the two communities are seperate simply because pain and tickling are diametrically opposed to one another. One is the antithesis of the other. I don't see that ever changing. I personally feel that the tickling community stands very well on its own. :)

A few years ago, I joined a local S&M group, got involved in the leadership, and ended up giving some of the monthly workshops. Of course I did one on tickling. Over the next few weeks, many of the members came up to me and said thanks, they had forgotten how much fun and what a great topping tool tickling could be.

While the endorphin high is legendary in S&M, it's not part of every session, and some people never experience it. But I can't say it's missing from the tickling community, either. I've had it happen in tickling sessions, most often in those sessions that transistion from intense tickling to mind-blowing orgasm.

:) E. Bunbury

EBunbury said:
A few years ago, I joined a local S&M group, got involved in the leadership, and ended up giving some of the monthly workshops. Of course I did one on tickling. Over the next few weeks, many of the members came up to me and said thanks, they had forgotten how much fun and what a great topping tool tickling could be.
So much for pain and tickling being antithetical, eh? ;)

I'd agree with your experience - I've found that while those for whom tickling is just a hard limit don't usually change, many SM players find the interest when they're exposed to it. I'd say it's more that tickling is neglected in SM than that it's disliked.

I've been to a national convention where there
were tickling classes. There are also a few S/Mers
who are serious ticklers, and who bring tickling
to these events. I think it's more a question of
exposure - there are definitely more people interested
than "hard-limit!" types.

What that says to me is that we need more tickling ;)

Lee

Last edited:
It's the other way around

bttf4444 said:
I'm kinda curious. Why isn't the tickling fetish community fully embraced by the S&M community?
It's the other way around, there is a sizable percentage of the tickling community that feels that tickling is not a type of S&M. Look at us here, we don't even say "dom" and "sub", we say "ler" and "lee". On the other hand every person that I have spoken to in the S&M community(and there have been a lot), recognizes that tickling(especially with bondage) is indeed a type of S&M activity, and I fully agree...

Sincerely,
Bob

LeeAllure said:
I've been to a national convention where there
were tickling classes. There are also a few S/Mers
who are into serious ticklers, who bring tickling
to these events. I think it's more a question of
exposure - there are definitely more people interested
than "hard-limit!" types.

What that says to me is that we need more tickling ;)

Lee

Amen,Lee!!! :2poke: :2poke: :2poke:

I conferred with a Dominatrix in New York City that has been in the fetish/BDSM scene for many many years.
This is her reply . . .

In my sexpert opinion, foot worship/tickling IS accepted and celebrated in the fetish/BDSM community.That's been my experience, anyway.
My advice is if you don't like the way foot admiration is viewed, then CHANGE IT! Starting with yourself and work your way around the fetish community, bringing tales of pleasure and joy to open the minds of the less embracing.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Door 44 Productions
What's New

5/6/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for the webs largest one-stop fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back