• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Tickling in Art

stroker

1st Level Red Feather
Heres a picture I first saw in an art history magazine when I was about fourteen. Its by surrealist Max Ernst and comes from a graphic novel he produced in 1934 called Une Semaine De Bonte .Its fairly tame by todays standards but it blew my mind at the time.

One step further...

... If you really want your mind blown, try googling Une Semaine de Bonte and check out some of the other 182 drawings,... and read the background to the collection. Very, very strange.

my favorites

Here are my favorites that I have been collecting over the years:

the first one is from the 18th century - a naughty old French Rococo piece of work - I wonder if tickling is still big in France??

the 2nd is literally titled "Man Tickling a Woman's Nose with a Feather" and was painted c.1860. Those Victorians!

third one I think was from a tickle-phile website or magazine from the mid 2000's. Really nice stuff - combining some of my favorite things - pirates, tickling and bondage!

the last one is just one of my favorite works of art, period! "The Grand Odalisque"-Ingres c. 1814. I love how her feet are arched and how she is holding the fan over her derriere! So an odalisque was a harem girl - I wonder if the sultan liked to tickle her?? [giggles]

... If you really want your mind blown, try googling Une Semaine de Bonte and check out some of the other 182 drawings,... and read the background to the collection. Very, very strange.

Une Semaine De Bonte - translates to a week of kindness???? :wow:

Very interesting old pictures. Thanks to all of you for posting them. :D

Here are a few that I have found, though they may be more 'suggestive' than most of the pics we are used to seeing here. But Ilike them.

Here are a few that I have found, though they may be more 'suggestive' than most of the pics we are used to seeing here. But Ilike them.

Odysseus Queen - those are some beautiful finds! I love vintage erotica and erotic imagery in art .... here is another of my favorites : Courbet - Sleep - c.1866

And if anyone else is interested in this sort of thing, I lead a group on FL called "All I Need to Know About Kink I Learned from Art History" {yes this is a shameless plug} http://fetlife.com/groups/13653

What a delightful thread

S39.2Satyros.jpg

Chatouillement
Vatican Museum, Vatican City
Cabanel-Nymph-Captured-by-a-Satyr.jpg

Nymph Captured by a Satyr, 1860. Alexandre Cabanel
Musée des Beaux-Arts, Lille, France.
Kalide-Blog-4-SatyrHermaphrodit04.jpg

SatyrHermaphrodit01.jpg

Tickle Fight! :)p nah, just kidding)
"Erotic Dresden Symplegma", Roman Copy of a Hellenistic sculpture : 150/140 BC.

Last edited:
Loving the concept.
I'll be digging through my archive.

:)

Fascinating reading, Piper - thanks for pointing us to this. I whiled away a couple of hours of insomnia trying to get my head around the Surrealists.
Funny paradox isn't it - amazing art (if grotesque) born from the resistance of repressed sexuality & religious fanaticism. Ernst's collage art probably borrowed some of Gustave Doré's artwork. (But probably not his fairytale illustrations like this one :p)

3dore.jpg

More

article-1144168-037F710B000005DC-49_468x320.jpg

In the Tepidarium, Sir Lawrence Alma-Tadema,1881
z.jpg

Colette Calascione, Tickle, 2000

From my private stash ... [giggles]

Here are a couple of the more blatant tickle art piece from my collection.... :)

The first one is Japanese. I have no idea the year it was completed or even the title, but I know that I like to it and it "speaks" to me! :manicd:

No. 2 is Tickled Under the Nose - G. Dawson - c. late !9th Century - Again those Victorians and their tickling!

I just like this and.....

It really stirs those latent switchy 'ler feelings in me .... :devilish:

How could you not want to tickle this guy!?!?!?!?!

Barberini Faun or Drunken Satyr - c. 2nd Century BC

Here's a thought...

Fascinating reading, Piper - thanks for pointing us to this. I whiled away a couple of hours of insomnia trying to get my head around the Surrealists.
Funny paradox isn't it - amazing art (if grotesque) born from the resistance of repressed sexuality & religious fanaticism. Ernst's collage art probably borrowed some of Gustave Doré's artwork. (But probably not his fairytale illustrations like this one :p)

3dore.jpg

Sadly, I am not quite the art historian which you obviously are, however I am reminded that tickling was an especially popular courting ritual in 18th and 19th century Russia. I wonder if the practice crept into any russian art? And for purely surreal artistic efforts, I recall seeing some early works of Albrecht Durer which actually were reminiscent of the sort of visuals that cropped up in Disney's Fantasia almost a century later.

Wow !

This is truely a unique and facinating collection of old tickling art. You guys did some awesome research to find these wonderful pieces.
Bravo !!

V

Couple more tickle illustrations ...

Here are a few more things I have tracked down - I apologize for the multiple post but there is a theme and I think you all will see the method to my "madness".

This first set are all illustrations from the 40's and 50's that were published in Collier's magazine.

The first one obvious tickling!
The other two are nice because of the feet/stocking!
:p
Hey I am a foot girl and a lapsed art historian! {giggles}

What's New

5/12/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday evening at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back