• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Tickling WestWorld

Uktickler

2nd Level Red Feather
So who's been watching West World?

What an amazingly clever concept, but if you were making it wouldnt you just add in some tickle themes? Oh imagine the fun you could have!

So if you were what narrative would you write into it?

Hard to say about narratives, but oh man I would tickle Dolores. She seems to be really ticklish and Evan Rachel Wood is sooo great.

So who's been watching West World?
What an amazingly clever concept, but if you were making it wouldnt you just add in some tickle themes? Oh imagine the fun you could have!
So if you were what narrative would you write into it?

Dude...
The hosts in Westworld are slaves, did you miss that?
I'd much rather go to a resort staffed by people, who are doing something of their own free will.

The hosts in Westworld are all androids, that is, humanoid robots.
While they might be programmed to be ticklish, it would still be fake to me, so I would get no joy from being a ler to them.
On the other hand, they could be totally merciless lers to me. :devil:

Dude...
The hosts in Westworld are slaves, did you miss that?
I'd much rather go to a resort staffed by people, who are doing something of their own free will.
As far as I can tell at the moment they are essentially robots that look like humans. So could be programed to be ticklish (or act ticklish) or not. Their memory (digital being machines I pressume) is erased as their loops repeat. Just like a computor program.

They can simulate feelings etc, and 'appear' human that is part of the appeal of the park but they are not real in that respect (although I suspect that is the concept of the story blurring the line between a machine and living creature that can feel).

But either way dude remember it is just a made up story, total fantasy. ;-)

As far as I can tell at the moment they are essentially robots that look like humans. So could be programed to be ticklish (or act ticklish) or not. Their memory (digital being machines I pressume) is erased as their loops repeat. Just like a computor program.
They can simulate feelings etc, and 'appear' human that is part of the appeal of the park but they are not real in that respect (although I suspect that is the concept of the story blurring the line between a machine and living creature that can feel). But either way dude remember it is just a made up story, total fantasy. ;-)

Are we watching the same show? The hosts are becoming sentient, taking action beyond their programming (or so it would seem).
And their memories are coming back as flashbacks of the horrible things guests have done to them (that's the point, that they can rape and murder the hosts without breaking any laws).
One of the themes of the show is the ethical questions it raises about how far you can "program" an AI before it becomes a sentient being.
Sure, Evan Rachel Wood is hot, and is crushing it as Dolores. But the way they've framed the story makes the whole scenario kind of distasteful, especially as the hosts become more sentient.
How'd you like to wake up one day to the realization that you were created to be nothing more than a rape-and-murder puppet?
And sure, it's a fantasy, and you're welcome to it. As I said, I get my kicks with human beings. :shrug:

Just for those who don't know, the show itself is based off the movie westworld in 1973, which was the same concept just with different story lines

Are we watching the same show? The hosts are becoming sentient, taking action beyond their programming (or so it would seem).
And their memories are coming back as flashbacks of the horrible things guests have done to them (that's the point, that they can rape and murder the hosts without breaking any laws).
One of the themes of the show is the ethical questions it raises about how far you can "program" an AI before it becomes a sentient being.
Sure, Evan Rachel Wood is hot, and is crushing it as Dolores. But the way they've framed the story makes the whole scenario kind of distasteful, especially as the hosts become more sentient.
How'd you like to wake up one day to the realization that you were created to be nothing more than a rape-and-murder puppet?
And sure, it's a fantasy, and you're welcome to it. As I said, I get my kicks with human beings. :shrug:

I totally understand where you are coming from. You are looking at it like it is real, I was purely talking about it for what it is a made up imaginary story to see what fun fantasies people may come up with. Guess the 'moment' has kind of been killed for this thread.

Although I am happy to discuss the more serious side of it with you. The story is clever and just like the UK show 'Humans' where essentially man made robots become as you put it sentient or conscious or self aware and 'thinking'. Now I do not profess to be a religous man (so hopefully this wont open me up to a whole new bashing) but to SERIOUSLY believe that humans could create something that is TRUELY SELF AWARE and CONSCIOUS would mean we would essentially be able to create LIFE right?

IF that is the case then you are believing humans are akin to being god.

Now if that is the case then you could do what ever you want with your creation/s. If you are a god then morals no longer need concern you right? Like I said Im not a religious guy although it is a subject I have a great interest in as I know many relious people have strong beliefs and seem to believe god is all good and created everything, yet have they actually looked at what that god allows to happen? All those natural disasters killing so many living things for example. I pretty much agree with this https://youtu.be/uWF-FcXRkxo

So maybe we could just leave westworld as it is a fantasy, a story, like reading a book or dreaming a dream, its not real and frankly never will be. Even if we one day create machines that look like humans and appear to think and feel and appear to be self aware and self contious firstly this wont be in our life time and secondly a machine is still a machine. And finally it will still not be 'life' so you cannot cause it any genuine suffering, the definition of life according to the dictionary is "the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death."

Now when we create a machine that meets that criteria (is born, can think, can feel, continually changes preceding death, can think on its own without being remotly controlled) then we have not created a machine but a species or creature, that is what humans have done for many years creating different breeds of dogs for example.

Clearly harming an actual living creature is wrong and anyone who gets any amusement out of that must have an issue. But westworld is really just one step up from a computor game IMO. But then I am viewing the host's as machines and not humans, now if you view them as humans that's a whole other issue. So like obi wan kenobi said, "It all depends on your point of view" (or words to that effect).

Peace

Actually, I was looking at it the same way you were. It's imaginary. But, in the imaginary world of the story, the hosts are becoming sentient (i.e., they have a knowledge that they are distinct beings that exist).
You'l find that the definition of life, especially in this age of AI, is a lot more complicated than "this is what was in the dictionary". It's a ongoing debate in the scientific world, looking towards the future of robotics.
I find that people can rationalize almost anything if they want it bad enough. If you can look at the character of Dolores, knowing she is sentient, and what regularly happens to the hosts at the hands of the park guests, and that doesn't kill the "moment" for you...I don't know what to tell you.

Actually, I was looking at it the same way you were. It's imaginary. But, in the imaginary world of the story, the hosts are becoming sentient (i.e., they have a knowledge that they are distinct beings that exist).
You'l find that the definition of life, especially in this age of AI, is a lot more complicated than "this is what was in the dictionary". It's a ongoing debate in the scientific world, looking towards the future of robotics.
I find that people can rationalize almost anything if they want it bad enough. If you can look at the character of Dolores, knowing she is sentient, and what regularly happens to the hosts at the hands of the park guests, and that doesn't kill the "moment" for you...I don't know what to tell you.

As it happens Dolores is not really my cup of tea and don't look at her in that way at all. I wasnt even thinking of any particular 'HOST' when I started this thread. Although reading it she is clearly lots or folks favourite. ;-)

I know there is ongoing debate, but I would argue that is more about intellegence or conscous than "life". AI (as we know it now) is not life. For me the distinction is clear but of course I do understand the whole point of this type of fiction is to blur that boundry and make people question things and it is doing that here we are talking about it my friend. :)

Regarding " If you can look at the character of Dolores, knowing she is sentient, and what regularly happens to the hosts at the hands of the park guests, and that doesn't kill the "moment" for you...I don't know what to tell you. " Erm yes of course that would kill the moment I think it would for anybody. But again that is not what I asked or intended when I started this thread, I just thought it could be fun to have a chat about fantasies. As in if you where in charge what would you make happen (forgetting what has happened, imagine you have just created the place from new , how would you create it what would you do and what (if any) fantasises would you want to live out?

I sure as hell would not go for a wild west theme that is for sure, my version of 'West World' would be very different lol.

I'm only familiar with the original movie but it Roman World (Another section of the park) you could probably find something like that.

I'm only familiar with the original movie but it Roman World (Another section of the park) you could probably find something like that.

lol now your talking, did you ever see the series 'Gladiator blood & Sand'? Wow some of the women in that where smoking hot and the outfits were certainly way sexier. I'd visit that area of the park ;-)

Roman world, medieval world and Westworld? Been ages since I saw that movie

Door 44 Productions
What's New

5/14/2024
If you ned to report a post, click the report button to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back