• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Tickling.....Your Own Private Fetish?

Tamia78

Verified
I was just thinking...... do we REALLY wanna share our fetish with those in the vanilla community? To me, my tickling fetish is a very personal, private thing. It's not something I would readily share with anyone I was dating. There are many married members who have spouses not into tickling. Most of us haven't shared our love of tickling with our friends and family, so what kinds of things would make us actually open up to those who aren't into it?

Here's a situation:

Let's say I'm dating a guy, and he finds my tickling mags, or sees some clips saved on my computer, or even finds the TMF from my computer. Basically, I didn't tell him, and he finds out for himself. When confronted about it, I admit I have a fetish, and tell him all about it. He seems receptive, and actually likes tickling me as much as I want. Wonderful, right?

WRONG!

Why do I feel this way? I really don't know. I mean, I should love the fact that I turned him on to tickling, right? So, ............why don't I? Is it because I didn't choose to tell him, because it was forced out of me?

Do any of you get like this?

--T

Tamia78 said:
I was just thinking...... do we REALLY wanna share our fetish with those in the vanilla community?

Many people who are in a commited or (whatever) relationship with a 'vanilla' person may feel it necessary to let them in on their fetish.

On their own term's of course.

Why do I feel this way? I really don't know. I mean, I should love the fact that I turned him on to tickling, right? So, ............why don't I? Is it because I didn't choose to tell him, because it was forced out of me?

In this scenario my opinion is you may have felt that your privacy was abused. Regardless of how he may have found these things.

It's something that you hold close to you, and are very careful about who you 'let in' about it.

It doesn't matter that he is 'OK' with it under those circumstance's.. because YOU weren't able to explain it yourself..

When YOUR ready to tell, you will...Again...YOUR terms..YOUR time.. And if he's for it? Cool. If not? Well.. take solace in the fact that you had a chance to explain your fetish yourself and not through his own devices..

:twohugs:

I agree with you on the privacy thing and not wanting to share, Tamia. Its really hard to try to explain i guess.. I thought i had it planned out what I was gonna say and now I have this white screen expecting me to type something...

Even though my wife knows I'm into tickling, its hard to share the depths of it with her. I mean I bought this bondage system with cuffs and straps and even a blindfold years ago... Times actually used for tickling:1... Somehow I feel that she's not genuinely into it as I am and I can sense that she's only doing it to appease me, and on some deep level, kinda ruins the moment for me. I actually came out and showed her the TMF and other related sites, but i felt almost guarded, or defensive as if I should be prepared to defend it.

It all runs sooo deep in me that I almost feel like it's my personal thing that its hard to let even someone I trust dearly inside.
This is the point I stop typing because it will become rambling at this point.

(looks at the moderator) "Thanks for letting me share"

I agree with you in principle - you should always be the one to call the shots and tell who you want to know about your fetish.

It's this reason that I don't beat about the bush with a girlfriend, and tell them fairly soon (obviously not so soon that we aren't thinking about being more intimate with each other), so that they can take it or leave it. It saves messing around later.

Oh MAN, does this take me back to a hellish part of my life.

Back before the community founded, and when I was married, she was rooting around in my things while I was away, and discovered my one and only video. (it was CalStar's "Tied & Tickled 6" for the OCD folks out there) She confronted me about it, my deep, dark secret when I came home. Did a first class job of making me feel ashamed of being this way. Like I was a pervert. It became the thing we never talked about. This is why, once the community discovered itself and our numbers began to swell, opportunities for companionship with people who actually *GET* it surfaced, and I've never looked outside the "family" ever since for someone to be with. Why live in the fear of discovery, risk that kind of rejection? When there are those whom you can bond with that you never need worry about those things, and you can explore all this to your heart's content? No thanks. I'm here to stay, and I'm never lookin' back.

But let's say, just for the sake of argument, that you're beginning a relationship with a vanilla person, or have already been in one for a while. Honesty. You've GOT to share this part of yourself with them, eventually. Or you'll be miserable. This is who you are, and if they can't accept this about you, can you live without it? Or can they be supportive enough to make the leap? I know several couples here in the community where one who was kinked introduced their vanilla partner to all this, and many have become happy converts. Others are just incredibly supportive.

Above all else, be true to yourself. If they care enough about you, this is really not all that much to accept about a person, if you think about the hundreds of alternatives. We're pretty tame, as kinks go, and we always have a great time! We're all about the love, after all.

Crystal, noone should even be in a serious relationship without disclosing their fetish to their partner before hand. that will just lead to misery.

To answer the first question about sharing, I really do not feel any pressure or need to share/explain this aspect of my being to anyone. My family knows (cuz they found stuff and well, they've known me all my life, lol), some friends know cuz I went through a period where I felt like I needed to share. And that's the reason I've come to my present stance: No matter how supportive they are or how non-judgmental they may be, they simply WILL NOT GET IT!

As you allude to, there is just simply no way to articulate the deeply personal, intimate and often times complex and seemingly contradictory feelings and emotions many of us have when it comes to tickling. In the end, aside from maybe a little kidding, it has made NO difference in my relationships, other than the fact I remain slightly to greatly misunderstood by those who know, because... they really JUST DON'T GET IT!

BTW - I think there should be a whole 'nother discussion on the reason(s) behind so many of us feeling like there's some need to "disclose"

In regards to being "outed", as stated, this is such a personal and private area for many, and as such, it is a very delicate thing. As is often the case with such things, there tends to be a natural insecurity as well. There is no template for how to feel in this circumstance and since it's also so emotional (Great, now you got Whitney Houston stuck in your head!), it can really throw you for a loop.

One reason for your reaction could be a lingering feeling that "He isn't REALLY in to it" Even though you say he enjoys tickling you, maybe you feel he doesn't fully understand and have that same emotional/intimate connection. I know this reasoning has been fairly common among many who are involved with a "vanilla" partner. Either way, I'm sure things will work out for you. Good luck.

Everybody who has posted in this thread, have really excellent points.

I myself prefer the being open method. Most of my close friends know, as well a few other acquaintences.

But in the past when I have brought my fetish up with someone I was intimate with I've had it thrown in my face. But at the same time these people i've been intimate with turn around and say I look board when we "do It". And guess what? I was.

Until recently I was not only sure I would never meet a women who would take the time to understand my desire, but also share it was pure fantasy to me. Hopfully this has changed and fantasy and reality are becomeing one. ;)

Tamia as to why you feel this way...it could be that you felt that he would not treat your fetish with the respect and understanding that you feel it deserves , as well as keeping a lid on this aspect of yourself from friends and family?

J.

the way i see it:

everyone has a kink. no one is truly vanilla behind closed doors. it's all a matter of what their kink IS, and how well your's meshes with their's.

the majority of the women i dated were either closet freaks or had already discovered their dark side. then i come along and introduce them to this awesome yet often evil activity called "tickling". and that, combined with bondage, can be both erotic and torturous at the same time. and i talked to these potential romantic interests about my quirks in a way that didn't sound creepy, but rather educated and well-informed (actually, i have our own Lemonade Renegade to thank for some of my personality adjustment).

i've always been a supporter of "tell 'em before it's too late.". some people, including a few of our own forum members, go through their entire life never telling their significant other about what it is that makes them tick.

own up to it. it's what you are. it's a facet of your personality, and no one should ever deny themselves just because they like something that isn't seen by the majority as "normal".

Here's a situation:

Let's say I'm dating a guy, and he finds my tickling mags, or sees some clips saved on my computer, or even finds the TMF from my computer. Basically, I didn't tell him, and he finds out for himself. When confronted about it, I admit I have a fetish, and tell him all about it. He seems receptive, and actually likes tickling me as much as I want. Wonderful, right?

WRONG!

--T

I think Crystal pretty much hit this one on the head. Check out your language: "confronted", "it was forced out of me". You could have as easily used "asked" and "he inquired about it". The fact that you describe him as receptive and liking to tickle you seems positive, and yet you describe the exchange in negative terms. For you, it's a privacy issue, not a fetish issue.

Automatically, when something you consider personal and assumed was private is revealed to not be so, you are put on the defensive. A perceived threat to an exposed emotional vulnerability provokes the same response as a threat to physical vulnerability -- fight or flight, confrontation or avoidance.

Some people are easy to avoid, but it's tough to avoid your prospective mate, so it becomes confrontation.

I understand being upset by this. Personal info made known to others before you're ready can be potentially embarrassing.

At the same time, looking at this through a longer lense than the immediate embarrassment, if he seems interested in exploring this with you, it would seem to me that that is of far greater worth now and in the long run than the kneejerk short-term emotional response.

But it's up to you to get beyond the one so you can take advantage of the other. Or not.

If he wants to explore this with you, and views this as a new way to enjoy your company, that's substantial and meaningful and real, no matter how he found out about it. Taking the long view, doesn't that trump some fantasy of you choosing the ideal conditions in which to disclose your fetish to him, and just hoping for a positive result? You already have the positive result. Would you rather gamble for a positive response for the sake of disclosure just the way you want?

Analogy: You have the choice to have a perfect wedding with a 50/50 shot at a happy marriage, or an imperfect wedding (whiny flower girl, groomsman drunk at reception) but a truly happy marriage. Which do you choose?

Humans are emotional creatures, but thinking seriously long-term can help us out of the traps our emotions set for us.

Last edited:
For me, my vanilla friends and family have always known that Drew likes being tickled. I don't feel any need or obligation to disclose to anybody to what degree tickling might or might not excite me sexually. That will forever remain my own business and that of she with whom I'm sexually intimate.

Tamia, I'm no psychologist, so please take anything and everything I say as radically unreliable.

The only reason I can think of that would explain why you don't dig it when even a sensitive, understanding "vanilla" finds out about your secret love of tickling is that on some level, maybe deep down, you are ashamed of it. Somewhere along the line, you've unknowingly bought into the idea that a tickling fetish is shunned by society at large, lumped together with extreme S&M, and golden showers. Consequently you only feel safe confiding this side of yourself with those of us who share the fetish.

Trust me you are not alone in this. Many share this perceived persecution complex. But I am here to tell you that this is part of who you are as a person. It is nothing that warrants any pride or shame whatsoever any more than having purple as a favorite color would.

In nearly every instance in which I've talked about my tickling fetish with vanilla people, the reaction was interest at the least, and in some cases believe it or not, envy. It's all in how you present it, and how you present depends on your own estimation of its worth.

I cherish my tickling fetish. It has enriched my life beyond measure and brought me close to people in a very personal and intimate way. I would not trade it for anything.

The only question I have to ask is this:

Fine, so you're not too thrilled about him finding out with out you telling him yourself. Bu what about after you let him tie you down tightly to bed....tickle your helpless body all over...make you beg for mercy from the torture...then give you a night of the most incredible ticklesex of your life?

How would you feel then?

I am actually half-way open about my fetishes.

Everyone who knows me pretty much knows I have a foot fetish. Most people are cool with it, a few think its wierd, but I haven't caught any flack for it. About 35% of those who know me know that I like tickling to a certain degree. That is to say that they know I have a fetish for it. Only a few know that it is a turn on. I have shared this part of me with everyone I have dated. I've gotten mixed responses, usually more positive than negative.

I was just thinking...... do we REALLY wanna share our fetish with those in the vanilla community? To me, my tickling fetish is a very personal, private thing. It's not something I would readily share with anyone I was dating. There are many married members who have spouses not into tickling. Most of us haven't shared our love of tickling with our friends and family, so what kinds of things would make us actually open up to those who aren't into it?

Here's a situation:

WRONG!

--T

Nope! Gotta share early and often with anyone I'm dating. Life's too dang short to waste time hiding my kinks. Embrace your inner pervert!!! ;)

Me and Crystal are actually going to be talking about this very thing this Friday on TMF Radio.

I recently told my boyfriend all about NEST, the TMF, and TMF Radio. He was overwhelmed, mad that I lied about where I was when I went to NEST, upset and confused over the fact that other people were tickling me (despite it not being anything other than friendly), and yet supportive of me, tmf radio, and my need and want to express myself.

However, I sometimes still feel like a freak around him and I don't know how to explain it. I hope to figure it out by Friday.

I decided to tell my girlfriend about it since we'd been going out sometime now and thought she ought to know, Even though I was terrified about telling her incase she freaked out.
Thankfully she was great about it the whole thing she thought it wasnt that weird at all. To be honest she would have probably been more freaked out if i told her and i was tickling her every chance i got.

If I had to make the choice again, i'd still tell her because in the grand scale of things tickling isnt that big a deal compared to some fetishes out there. Tickling is part of my life, not a big part, but a part of it none the less and I dont see why i should hide it from her

Wow, somebody go see if they're holding the Stanley Cup playoffs in Hell, wouldja? I'm about to agree with Drew. ;) (J/K, chief)

Anyway....there might be a point to that line of reasioning he brought up. If you're in a relationship, you dig your kink, and your other finds out about it and is cool with it, conventional wisdom says you should be cool. But you're not. Maybe there IS some lingering embarrasment on your part. And even if so, there's nothing wrong with that. it's natural for a lot of people.

Now, you've never actually come right out and said if you weren't cool with it because of the WAY you were found out. This could actually be vitally important. if that's the case, then the folks like Crystal et al have a very valid point. It's a violation thing. One I think you can get over if this relationship is important to you, but still...a violation.

Here's the thing. I'm one of the most open people about my lifestyle you're gonna meet. it's not like I walk down the street with a sandwich board that says "Bondage Freak" on one side and "Mad Tickler" on the other....but if the topic comes up or something like that, I don't hide anything. It's just the way I'm wired, it's who I am and it's up to the people around me to accept that, not for me to change it. Now, even then....if someone found out because they were snooping/pressing the issue/searching/sneaking around....I'd still have a major issue. Not because they "found out", but because the information would have been right there for them if they'd just asked me and had an open and mature conversation with me. It's all I've ever asked of anyone I've chosen to "let in"....you wanna know something? Just ask.

I really do hope you can get it worked out....all I can honestly suggest at this point is to lay some trust down and try to open a dialog. it's not just about the kink if you feel violated. Talk it out. if it's anything worth hanging onto, a talk like that not only needs to be had, but shouldn't be that hard once the ball gets rolling.

You know where my door is if ya need it, my friend.

Dave :triangle:

When it comes to an intimate relationship, I'm also the type that will let my significant other know fairly early in the relationship... It is an important part of my life and although I don't discuss it with friends/family, my romantic partner needs to know... for my own good and for hers too...otherwise, I'll be miserable, because I have to "feed the monkey" daily! :D It is also my philosophy that if the person I'm with doesn't understand or support it, I don't need to be with them... period.

If the exact situation that you explained really played out, then I understand your insecurity about a boyfriend finding out by snooping through your personal things.... That's not his place... But if he is receptive and understanding, thats a very positive thing...

My wife was very supportive and loves tickling me... I have fresh bruises from thrashing around just last night!!! Sonicares' are evil!! :woot:

At any rate, Tamia, don't be ashamed of anything!!!

I recently told my boyfriend all about NEST, the TMF, and TMF Radio. He was overwhelmed, mad that I lied about where I was when I went to NEST, upset and confused over the fact that other people were tickling me (despite it not being anything other than friendly), and yet supportive of me, tmf radio, and my need and want to express myself.

As I'm reading through the responses I'm thinking of things I'm going to say when I read Annie's post, and it touches on it. We all know the fears of putting it out there even to a loved one. It's scary. What if they throw it back in my face. Yea you might be embarrassed, but even more you fear they can't accept it and you may lose out on someone your really love.

I'm trying to look at it from their point of view. To us, it's our secret, love, passion, and our's to share at our discretion. But to them, it's something very personal that we neglected to share. Whether it be out of fear, or caution, when first confronted with it(especially) if they "stumble" upon it, they may not think of the reasons we choose/chose to hide it from them. They may only see it as something we tried to hide, and be hurt by the fact we chose not to include them from the start. I'm guessing at this but it makes sense to me.

That being said Tam, I can definitely see wanting it to be on your own terms. You want to be clear headed and be able to explain with clarity and passion what it means to you, so that he understands it is important to you. Sometimes our emotions screw with us in the craziest ways.

I'm with most people here in that the outside world doesn't need to know anything about what I prefer in my personal or sex life. It's not my place to tell them because it's none of their business. On the other hand, I'm one of those people that believe in a serious relationship that I plan on putting all efforts into, or marriage I'd share out of the pure fact that's it's part of who I am. I want that person to love me for what I am plain and simple, because I intend to do the same in return. I tend to love the "quirks" in people that they don't care for because it makes them real. If a person I feel close enough to share it with, can't handle it, or wants nothing to do with me because of it, I don't want them in my life. It's an all-or-nothing deal. It would hurt, but I'd rather find out sooner than later.

However, I sometimes still feel like a freak around him and I don't know how to explain it. I hope to figure it out by Friday.
I guess it comes with the territory of our love/fetish Mairead, but if you're a freak, YOU'RE OUR FREAK DAMMIT! :Kiss2:

Back before the community founded, and when I was married, she was rooting around in my things while I was away, and discovered my one and only video. (it was CalStar's "Tied & Tickled 6" for the OCD folks out there) She confronted me about it, my deep, dark secret when I came home. Did a first class job of making me feel ashamed of being this way. Like I was a pervert. It became the thing we never talked about. This is why, once the community discovered itself and our numbers began to swell, opportunities for companionship with people who actually *GET* it surfaced, and I've never looked outside the "family" ever since for someone to be with.

Damn Dan... That's the nightmare scenario that many of us worry about... I'm glad she didn't change you... and that was a very bad, selfish reaction for her to have.

Its not my business, but I'm just curious since this is the subject of the thread... if you two were married, why didn't you ever tell her?

I'm Gonna Play Eris' Advocate here...

...the Greek God of discord (chaos) for those who don't know...

and agree with multiple parties, because each one represents a variable in the tickling probability equation.

As for Tamia's problem, I would first ask if it was an accident. If he was looking for something he needed and you weren't there to give it to him, he might have thought he'd find it on a cursory search; he also might have found your stuff while looking for something he thought he left somewhere and found it by mistake.

I would also add that one of the reasons you're wierded out by him now is because you don't know if his reaction is genuine. He found you out before you could tell him yourself and as such, you had no control over the information he gleaned, so he has had time to form a thought and plan his approach. For all you know, anything and everything he said could have been deceptive.

But, just to be a bastard, I would also like to remind you of that annoying habit women have of rummaging through their BF's stuff with impugnity or stealth because you have a right to know if he's hiding anything. Well, if it's good for the goose, it's good for the gander (I'm showing my age there...).

AffectionateDan's is probably the most universal and widely expected, as well as most experienced perhaps. Horrifically enough, he was actually quite lucky considering the fate of The Laugher years ago. This is probably the reaction with the highest expectancy because of how finicky people tend to be about simple, non-sexual quirks.

I think of it as a symptom of unresolved fissures in the dating scheme. Sure, people are aware of kinks these days, and may even be interested in toying with them, but by and large, it's hard to make a kink part of your life without BEING a lifer, or without being a closeted practitioner. I don't have figures, but I'm speculating that the number of people who practice happily together are probably dual members rather than converts; I think it's rare to find a convert or non-practitioner who stands by or indulges without feeling alienated or ill-fitted (This is why it warms my heart to see people like Classy, who's beau seems content to let her partake in the scene and still mingle with these strange aliens from Earth touching his SO with rough but platonic familiarity). But at the heart of it, modern dating hasn't yet resolved the issue of that antiquated search for perfection, and with the galaxy-sized history of emotionally unhinged people ruining relationships and the failure of American culture to teach conflict resolution in schools, the freedom to pursue people on one's own volition makes the sheer size of the playing field intimidating enough to create a strange defensive siege mentality.

We know this well. How many of us refrain from telling people because we're not only afraid of being rejected, but also because we're terrified of that information--information about one of teh closest, most vulnerable parts of ourselves--getting out into the hands of people who will abuse it, abuse us, inflict doubt and shame upon us, and share it with untrustworthy others in a mocking fashion? Of course we withhold it, not to decieve but to protect. And with the continual stigma of BDSM to vanillas with no frame of reference, and with the continued existence of kinky people with baggage beside the bondage kits, there's going to continue to be friction between the tastes, the sheets, and friends who spread biased opinions like plague and contaminate other people.

If the outside world gets more positive experiences and stories about how vanilla and kinky, or successful compromises, maybe we'll see an increase in the predictability of positive reactions in our SOs than those that Dan described.

*More on this at bottom.*

To us, it's our secret, love, passion, and our's to share at our discretion. But to them, it's something very personal that we neglected to share. Whether it be out of fear, or caution, when first confronted with it(especially) if they "stumble" upon it, they may not think of the reasons we choose/chose to hide it from them. They may only see it as something we tried to hide, and be hurt by the fact we chose not to include them from the start. I'm guessing at this but it makes sense to me.
- KrazieDog to AnnieHall about her post

It might be a bit presumptuous, but I think Krazie's right; I would guess that his initial reaction was likely similar to that of Tamia's: that something went on without his knowledge/participation and he feels left out. It possibly hurt him that you didn't trust him to tell him. If he is a vanilla, then it's understandable because vanilla's don't often have the specific fear of rejection that we have, and it might have been hard for him to put himself in your shoes, espeically since he might not have been sure if you were telling him the WHOLE truth. I don't know the context of tickling in your relationship, but if it's a prelude to intimate activity, then he might have thought that the same applied to NEST.

I say forgive him in this, since vanillas often lack the imagination to envision other contexts.

Because consider this: from the stories you shared with us about him, he seemed genuinely happy to pursue your pleasure BEFORE he even knew about it for the sole reason that YOU LIKED IT. In fact, this speaks possible volumes about the merit of his character: you mentioned the conundrum on TMF Radio about the "endurance" factor in a relationship about whether someone indulges in another's kink either as a means of segue into sex, or just as a chore. I was going to argue (and now I CAN) that there may also be a third variation: that maybe they can simply take pleasure in your enjoyment. From what I can gather, even without being one of us, he was able to attack you zealously at random moments and delight in your reactions; this is from a VANILLA (as far as we know). I think it's possible that he's an example of the kind of person who can simply take pleasure in another person's pleasure without a connection. By your own admission, he seemed to enjoy your reactions to tickling, and that may have been enough.

The only major complication I forsee is the possible future engagements you might have. Even if he becomes comfortable with this, he might still have a hard time separating the platonic tickling you enjoy at NEST with the [possibly] intimate tickling in your relationship; even kinksters have trouble with that thin red line that borders the personal/public domain. He might have to see for himself that we're nothing to be afraid of, that no one's going to cross that boundary, and that anyone who tries is going to be in the ICU before he gets a crack at them.

Understandably, it might bother him that so many other people know more about how to exploit your body than he does, but the exclusivity of...some of your anatomy...might actually provide him with the sense of privilege to make him secure. One suggestion I have is that, if he comes to accept it without grievance or disdain, I reccomend inviting him as a special guest on one of your "Broad"casts so you can introduce him to the community. True, he might think "Boy you know some crazy-ass people" but in the end, he's likely to find us as harmless as you do. Well, except for Jeff, because his hands are lethal weapons.

Not really, but they make you PRAY for death, which is kinda the same thing.

And in the end, he might either accompany you to NEST or trust you enough to go on your own as always letting us look after you. He probably knows you well enough now to know that your trust is not easily earned and that if you trust us, then so can he. Not enough to show mercy of course, but enough to keep you safe.

...as long as he knows that you were OUR freak first. :D

You said it yourself Mairead, he loves you and takes care of you. So unless there's a major miscalculation of character, I think you'll be okay after the adjustment.

"I only have so many chits with the wife..."
- legendary member of the community who shall remain unnamed

I overheard this at NEST 2007 and it probably resembles perfectly my particular practices when it comes to my stance on dating, which shares sections of Dan's assertion that after the debacle with his first wife, he refused to search for anyone outside the community.

I DO NOT DATE. PERIOD. I have Asperger's and social interaction is hard enough for me without having to decipher the nuanced game tactics involved in dating. Although people like Mairead, Crystal, Lee, BrightEyes and Myriads have tried to describe to me the thrill of the hunt: the chase, the tease, the mystery, the power exchange, I SIMPLY DO NOT GET IT. And quite frankly, I find it absurd and illogical (watch out, I kinda turn into Drew70 here, God help us). Why the fuck would you want to make a game out of a relationship where your emotions get involved? As this thread has pointed out, the veil of secrecy can be as harmful as it can be exciting, and to me that seems like a hollow goal.

Imagine an Indiana Jones movie where the relic turns out to be a fake that never existed and the whole adventure was for nothing but a lesson on some metaphor for living a full life. Whereas a normal person might say "Phew! Sure the _____ doesn't exist, but man it was worth it! Wasn't that exciting?!" I woud say "I ALMOST GOT EATEN BY A GIANT SPIDER, PRACTICALLY BROKE MY BACK JUMPING ON A MOVING TRAIN, NEARLY GAVE MYSELF A HEART ATTACK FIGURING OUT A SUMERIAN BOOBY TRAP, THE STONE IN MY BOOT IS KILLING ME, AND ON TOP OF THAT, I DOVE OFF A FUCKING CLIFF INTO A RAGING RAPIDS TO ESCAPE CRAZY PEOPLE WHO WERE SHOOTING AT ME! NO IT WAS NOT FUN!" That's how I view the whole dating thing: a massive clusterfuck of a snipe hunt with little viable payoff. Now those of you who enjoy the hunt might call me a soulless old fart with no sense of fun ("where's the fun in getting what you want right away?"), but I say where's the fun in wasting finite energy on an uncertain thing.

So I find most dating practices deceptive and malicious, and I find the fact that most people get high on the pursuit as offensive as Drew70 finds the BDSM apologists. I WANT to know if you have problems, I WANT to know if you were molested, I WANT to know if you had an abortion or any other shit like that, NOT BECAUSE I get off on it (which i don't) but because I DON'T LIKE SURPRISES. I WANT to know what I'm getting into so I can decide whether to stay or get the hell out, and since a lot of dating has hidden agendas behind it, I'm immediately distrustful of people who seem rally interested in me; they probably want me for some desperate reason and don't want to scare me off. I'm one of those guys who just wants what he wants and then goes home because thrills just agitate him.

Why bother putting your best foot forward? If the relationship works, those illusions are gonna give way to hard reality eventually so why not just get it over with? It saves you the trouble of having a fight when you find out what the other person has been holding off on telling you.

Now, as far as my stance on the security clearance of my fetish...

MY. PHILIA. IS. PRIVATE. IT IS MINE. I don't hide it out of shame, but because I do not want to be harassed by people who know about it. Just as Richard Gere is sick of hearing that gerbil story or Buckner is sick to death about hearing about that fucking ball (It's a FUCKING GAME you Beantowners! Unless you wanna be like the British and hooligan up sporting events, LET IT FUCKING GO!), I would grow VERY tired of people making comments or little judgments about me because it gets old before it's born. On top of that, I enjoy tickling some of the girls at work, as well as my niece when she visits. As long as no one knows, no one has any suspicious thoughts. But the minute people know about it, every single poke, prod or touch will immediately become suspect, and then I won;t even be permitted to physically interact with them at all. NEver mind that there's multiple layers of tickling activity and intent, they won't even believe an explanation if I gave it.

Plus there's something satisfying about having a little personal possession that only you and a secret club of people are privvy to.

I intend to remain a lifelong bachelor and practitioner of (SAFE!!) recreational sex because until/unless I get bored with it, I like having a large selection of activity to choose from. I like tickling LOTS of women and I will not give it up for anyone; and if there IS someone for whom I would give up the polyamorous tickling, I don't wanna meet them! If they want it sexual, I can do sexual, if they want playful, I can do that too, it's all good. And if I ever get involved with anyone I would hold myself to that same standard of generosity: if I can play around, so can you. And if you can't trust the other person to do that, then why the hell am I even bothering?

To accept a compromise so stringent as the one quoted above is like giving someone scraps and bits of their favorite meal instead of letting them have the whole thing. That's more cruel than just denying it to them outright because at least then it's removed from their grasp; but to do the former is like whetting a person's appetite and then letting the desire drag on and on and on without being sated.

...Okay, Drew70 moment is over.

So I agree with lots of people here, and despite my personal optimism for Mairead and Jarrett and some others, I personally have to take Dan's strategy and decide that if I ever try out a SO, it's going to be a forum member, because I'm not giving up tickling for anybody's insecurity or paranoia. Of course, this is the strategy that works for ME--it doesn't have to be everyone's--and it likely won't happen anyway; I would never subject anybody to my personality on a extended daily basis, certainly not someone I like or love. I respect them too much.

Damn!!!

Amnesiac,

Well... After that editorial, I will ask no more questions.... ever... :wow:

EXCELLENT POST!!!! :bouncybou

Sammy

Me and Crystal are actually going to be talking about this very thing this Friday on TMF Radio.

I understand that completely. While I let my boyfriend know near the beginning of our relationship that tickling turned me on, it wasn't until about a year of progression that it finally started to really sink in, and not until this year that the full blown fetish has come out to play. We had played with it before, and more often, but until these last six months or so the impact it has on my life wasn't really understood.

And I definitely know where you're coming from about feeling like a freak sometimes. I've thought about it long and hard, and I've likened it down to maybe the reason we feel that way is because, while they may fully support our eccentricities, and understand our feelings to an extent, they don't have that driving force/passion/obsession and can't fully comprehend it. *shrug* Maybe that's it. I don't know. It drives me crazy to think about it.

Sorry for the tangent. :)

I too can relate to feeling like a freak because I have this oddball preference. Imagine coming of age sexually in the 1970s, with no Internet and knowing no one else in the world who shared this "perversion" (yes, that's what I considered myself back in the day). My husband is only turned on by tickling because he sees what it does to me. He's more turned on seeing me tied up than he is by tickling me. I was so scared of what his reaction would be the night I finally mustered the nerve to tell him about it, but I knew if we were to have a long-term relationship he HAD to know, consequences be damned.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend, all of you
Love, Jean

Door 44 Productions
What's New

5/4/2024
The Final vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is open! Visit the GFA fouem and cast your ballot!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back