• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Ticklish and autistic?

Interesting topic.

For what it's worth, I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome when I was very little, and I was EXTREMELY ticklish as a young child. I hated it back then, though. I even feared being tickled.

According to Wikipedia,
Sensory processing disorder is a common comorbidity with autism spectrum disorders.[48][49][50][51] Although responses to sensory stimuli are more common and prominent in autistic children and adults, there is no good evidence that sensory symptoms differentiate autism from other developmental disorders.[52] Differences are greater for under-responsivity (for example, walking into things) than for over-responsivity (for example, distress from loud noises) or for sensory seeking (for example, rhythmic movements).[53] The responses may be more common in children: a pair of studies found that autistic children had impaired tactile perception while autistic adults did not.[54]

I, too, have Aspergers Syndrome. I was very ticklish as a child. I have a way of 'turning it off' per se. If I'm nervous or know the person I'm with is nervous or upset, it could effect everything. Sensory overload ie.: too much noise, stimulation, pain, etc. plays a HUGE part in this. It varies from person to person.

I have a nephew with autism and while I'm not sure if he is more ticklish he does have an obsession with feet. Not sure if it is related to the autism or just a family trait.

I, too, have Aspergers Syndrome. I was very ticklish as a child. I have a way of 'turning it off' per se. If I'm nervous or know the person I'm with is nervous or upset, it could effect everything. Sensory overload ie.: too much noise, stimulation, pain, etc. plays a HUGE part in this. It varies from person to person.

This is very true and although sensory differences are common with austism they are not necessarily an aspect for everyone on the autism spectrum. I think it's fair to say that there's so much variation in the way autism affects people, it's not possible to say that they are more or less ticklish than any other people.

Those that are affected by the sensory issues mentioned may be hyper or hyposensitive to different stimuli, meaning more or less sensitive. Any of the senses can be affected in different ways - touch, smell, sound etc. Each person is different but in my experience, where a person is more hypersensitive to certain sensations, it's often a highly uncomfortable effect - i.e. someone finding gentle touch such as clothes brushing against the skin 'painful', crowded environments feeling unbearable etc.

Sensory differences don't just affect people with autism although they are often associated with it. If interested, this is a good book to read on the sensory side of things generally:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Loud-Bright-Fast-Tight-Overstimulating/dp/0060932929

Interesting topic.

For what it's worth, I have been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome and when I was little I was EXTREMELY ticklish. I hated it back then, though. I even feared being tickled.

Now I fear not being tickled! :D

Door 44 Productions
What's New

5/19/2024
There will be Tivia in our Chat Room this Sunday evening at 11PM EDT! Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back