• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Time to Change your Motto! Death to ???

redway10

TMF Expert
"Death to America!" was a powerful motto for the former governments of Iraq and Afghanistan. Not anymore in either country - anybody notice this?

The endless crying and whining that the U. S. crushed 2 governments that hated America and supported terrorists is pathetic. The U. S. did everything that they could to protect Afghani and Iraqi civilians. Pretty rare for a war machine that is sick and tired of anti-America rallies (and we sure are).

The argument that this will spawn more anti-America rallies is also pathetic. Zealotry does not respect kindness, only force. In a region ruled by despots, diplomacy will only make the despots more comfortable (as it has for years and years). Nice 'love shack', Saddam.

The Syrian and Iranian governments have OPENLY supported terrorists for years. If the utter destruction of the Iraqi army in 25 days (without the 4th division) doesn't make them reconsider, nothing will.

2 countries bordering Iran and 2 countries bordering Syria currently have American and "America-friendly" armies. And by a shocking coincidence, Syria is denying that it aided Iraq in any way rather than proudly claiming its right to fight against Imperialism, Zionism, Colonialism, Christianity, McDonald's, etc. You better believe that if they were ever going to change their pro-terrorism policy, now would be the time.

If the people of a nation allow its government to avow death and terror against America or its allies, they have no right to be surprised when we dump billions of dollars of ammunition on their army and government. Didn't work for Nazi Germany, didn't work for WW II Japan, not Afghanistan, not Iraq...

North Korea has made it so far. Syria and Iran, too. You can shed a tear when their American-hating governments fall. I won't.

My suggestion: "DEATH TO OATMEAL!!!" I loathe that stuff, yet adore Calvin and Hobbes.

I never liked oatmeal much either but I do like oatmeal cookies. You are not proposing to kill the oatmeal cookies too are you?

"Death to Idiocy"*

*comment not directed to any of the above posters*

;)

Marauder said:
My suggestion: "DEATH TO OATMEAL!!!" I loathe that stuff, yet adore Calvin and Hobbes.

Are you my long lost twin? Maybe not, since I like Andy Capp more than Calvin, but right now I see Calvin everytime I turn on my computer. (He's my wallpaper, and he's telling Hobbs his theory of why aliens haven't contacted us yet).

I should've known...

I should have known that my soapbox thread would be immediately hijacked by the digressing masses.

Yes, "digressing masses".

Maybe Iraqis can hang Wilford Brimley in effigy.

How about "Death to the Dead" nawww doesn't sound right.... maybe "Death to the Undead".....hmmm still needs work.....How about "Calvin and Hops" its a comic about a much older Calvin who drinks beer and is drunk all the time and imagines stuffed tigers in his hallucinations....but I digress...I won't miss Syria or Iran much either redway.

Hmmmm How about "death to the BEANO" hehe

Pawz

Re: I should've known...

redway10 said:
I should have known that my soapbox thread would be immediately hijacked by the digressing masses.
Yes, that's what we do to soapbox threads around here. Be glad we didn't throw virtual tomatos. I didn't see much hijacking, though - discussions about cartoons are about as valuable as the points you made in your post. I just hope you were being intentionally funny.

Re: Re: I should've known...

Marauder said:

Yes, that's what we do to soapbox threads around here. Be glad we didn't throw virtual tomatos. I didn't see much hijacking, though - discussions about cartoons are about as valuable as the points you made in your post. I just hope you were being intentionally funny.

ya know marauder, after i read your first post about hating oatmeal (i don't hate it, but do prefer grits, or cream of wheat) and liking calvin and hobbs ( i love those guys), i thought, "gee he's ok after all". but then you had to revert to your usual insults, and degrading comments. and are you telling us that it's ok for a moderator to hijack threads, and not for others? sheesh!

i say "death to terrorists".
steve

Insults? Me? What? Where?

And I didn't hijack the thread. The title is "Change your motto, death to...", and I provided an idea for a new sdhj32f4e6g oh why do I bother? Degrading? How did you read my post as degrading?

"Death to terrorists" sounds good. I'd change it to "Death to suicide bombers" though... mmmph... mpphrprphph... brUAAHAHAHAHAHAHA MWAAHAHAHA!!!!

*hiccup*

Uh, Marauder, the phony "what, who, me?" stuff after proudly claiming "that's what we do to soapbox threads around here" is lame. Just because you have 1,100 posts and are a moderator does not mean that you speak for we.

Just because your opinion is different from mine doesn't mean that your degrading and flaming comments (i. e. "discussions about cartoons are about as valuable as the points you made in your post") have any value whatsoever.

The Germany / France / Russia / Osama / Syria (etc.) coalition attempted (and failed) to keep a sadistic psychopath in power (and they knew that is exactly what they were doing in the name of "peace").

If a country's long-time motto was "Death to Germany" and Germany destroyed that country's dictatorial regime (while making every effort to protect civilians), I don't think Americans would be marching in the streets against Germany. War is stupid and awful, but be for real, Saddam had his glory decades.

When was the last time America spoke out strongly against its long-time ally, Germany (1945???) Is Germany perfect? Does Germany take action in Germany's interest??? Spare me your arrogance.

redway10 said:
The Germany / France / Russia / Osama / Syria (etc.) coalition attempted (and failed) to keep a sadistic psychopath in power (and they knew that is exactly what they were doing in the name of "peace").
This statement alone shows you see this world in a rather simplistic black/white, good/evil pattern. One-dimensional. The fact that you assume a coalition between European nations who oppose preemptive strikes, the terrorist Osama, and any Saddam-supporters shows you don't really know much about this world. You're just echoing some ultra-right-wing propaganda. In your favor, I presume you do this due to ignorance, not to malevolence.

Haltickling said:

This statement alone shows you see this world in a rather simplistic black/white, good/evil pattern. One-dimensional. The fact that you assume a coalition between European nations who oppose preemptive strikes, the terrorist Osama, and any Saddam-supporters shows you don't really know much about this world. You're just echoing some ultra-right-wing propaganda. In your favor, I presume you do this due to ignorance, not to malevolence.

but hal, i happen to agree with him, and my opinion is filled with contempt, and malevolence! one dementional? oh please! i'd say your country, and the others are the ones that are playing ostrich, at best, and were affraid that their perfidity was going to be revealed at worst!
it's comming to light more and more everyday how you peacefull europeans were secretly trading with sadam, against un sanctions! and the president of russia was telling sadam everthing said to him uptill the day before hostilities resumed!
now who's being nieve, one sided, and myopic?
steve

*Pulls up a chair and popcorn to watch Areenactor's comedy show*

All of this is the Oatmeals fault, I tell ya....

*Pulls up a second chair and starts reading some Calvin and Hobbs"

Its funnier, and probably more intelligable lol...

AT

redway10 said:
Uh, Marauder, the phony "what, who, me?" stuff after proudly claiming "that's what we do to soapbox threads around here" is lame. Just because you have 1,100 posts and are a moderator does not mean that you speak for we.

Agreed. I don't speak for anyone. I was being sarcastic.
Just because your opinion is different from mine doesn't mean that your degrading and flaming comments (i. e. "discussions about cartoons are about as valuable as the points you made in your post") have any value whatsoever.
Agreed. I apologize for causing you to feel flamed and degraded. I feel flamed and degraded by your posts, too. Whoops, I guess.

If a country's long-time motto was "Death to Germany" and Germany destroyed that country's dictatorial regime (while making every effort to protect civilians), I don't think Americans would be marching in the streets against Germany. War is stupid and awful, but be for real, Saddam had his glory decades.

When was the last time America spoke out strongly against its long-time ally, Germany (1945???) Is Germany perfect? Does Germany take action in Germany's interest??? Spare me your arrogance.
Sorry if I appear arrogant. I don't feel like I'm arrogant. I merely proclaim my point of view VERRRY LOOOOUDLY!!!!

I don't want to be insulted here, but can I just say that it's a curious point that the original poster brought up here?

In America, we see fundamentalists, and extremists in many countries shouting "Death to America" and other such novelties, along with ritualistic American flag burnings in the streets.

Now that the Coalition of countries involved in the Gulf War has accomplished one of many high hoped goals, it's interesting to see some of the same citizens waving American flags, and kissing pictures of the US President. Things that not too long ago would have seemed a pipe dream or sorts.

*shrug*
I'm not tagging the "Axis of Evil" label to Germany, France, Russia, or anyone else, but I do find some correlation beween them and the others who were against pre-emptive strikes. It's not a matter of black and white so much as you might call it a note in the same chord.

Again, I say, interesting topic....if it did carry some ideas a bit far.

Wonder what's next for our "friend" France now that a post-conflict Iraq is in question?

Just musing,
Joby

Dear oh dearie me. I was gonna say "Death to rednecks", but I'd get my ass kicked.

Wow, Marauder, that was mighty conciliatory. Thanks for toning down the rhetoric.

And Hal, if you only read my one sentence with a bitter tone, and ignored all of the rest, well then that's very nice for you.

For the record, I am a pretty die-hard liberal when it comes to most things, and I think that Europe is a better place than North America in many ways. I do business with England and Germany every day and I like the people a lot (again better than Americans in many ways). The right-wing religiousness of America alone is quite irritating.

However, I did really enjoy seeing an evil dictator destroyed in one month (by the U. S. and U. K. governments). We should respect the rights and sovereignty of Iraq, but Saddam's right to remain leader of Iraq did not deserve any consideration or respect. For God's sake the man tortured women and children in unspeakable ways. Children!

Before Gulf War I (Kuwait restoration), the Taliban overthrow in Afghanistan, and Gulf War II (Saddam's overthrow) there were numerous dire predictions of massive civilian casualties and anger in the "Arab street" (could their opinion of the U. S. get much lower?)

These things have not come to pass (to any degree as predicted). Everyone knows that Iraq is better off with tribal conflicts rather than a dictator to brutally maintain order (like Stalin did).

Everyone would have thought that France and England were crazy if they had attacked the Nazi regime after they broke the Treaty of Versailles but before they attacked Poland or Czechoslovakia (besides the fact that they were unprepared). But in hindsight it would have been the best course of action if they were able to mount a successful offensive.

What's New

5/6/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for the webs largest one-stop fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back