• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

To those . . .

BellybTickler

4th Level Orange Feather
To those who think they know, you don't! Serving in Iraq and Afghanistan has taught me the lessons of life in ways that many people will NEVER understand. I'm sorry to call it out, but I'm sick of those Liberals AND Conservatives who claim they speak for the soldier(s). YOU watch a friend die . . YOU watch a friend lose a limb!! You experience remotely what I have and what thousands of other Marines and Soldiers have . . and we'll see what YOU have to say. Here's a small reminder to the die-hard liberals and conservatives out there . . . while you bitch and moan and complain and annoy or whatever your perverse bored desire may be . . remember that we, the few the proud the brave, keep it that way. AKA Think Before You Speak!! Hooah, Hoorah!

You speak so much of the truth, but unfortunately it wont help. Too many people that do not understand the military, the culture and actual warfare will continue to think and speak as if they know best. They will never be able to understand, so as much as I agree with you....your sharp but true words will fall on deaf and dumb ears.

But we can not blame them entirely. They will never have the experiences to be able to properly relate, and for most people it is a good thing. I am happy for them that they will never fully understand, because they do not have to live with the memories that haunt many of us.

Rob

To those who think they know, you don't! Serving in Iraq and Afghanistan has taught me the lessons of life in ways that many people will NEVER understand. I'm sorry to call it out, but I'm sick of those Liberals AND Conservatives who claim they speak for the soldier(s). YOU watch a friend die . . YOU watch a friend lose a limb!! You experience remotely what I have and what thousands of other Marines and Soldiers have . . and we'll see what YOU have to say. Here's a small reminder to the die-hard liberals and conservatives out there . . . while you bitch and moan and complain and annoy or whatever your perverse bored desire may be . . remember that we, the few the proud the brave, keep it that way. AKA Think Before You Speak!! Hooah, Hoorah!

Thanks for your service. :)

While I definitely can't speak on behalf of a soldier because I am not one, I am the proud daughter of a Vietnam veteran and granddaughter of a WWII veteran (both seeing action) and I have to say, the stories I've heard from them - unbelievable what these guys went though. Most of the time, they can't even talk about it as it's just too much. My dad still doesn't like to be around loud noises, like fireworks. Anyone who has worn a uniform certainly gets my respect.

The first time I ever saw my father cry was when he saw his friends' names on the memorial in D.C. I was a little girl at the time and that made such an impression on me and still does, almost 30 years later. He and his friends have a keychain that they've had for years and it says "The Real Heroes Never Make It Home" in honor of their fallen brothers.

If people could only realize the sacrifices that our soldiers make so they can live the lives they do, maybe they would be a bit more grateful for what they have.

God Bless......

Thank You for youe service to our nation! I am truly proud of you and ever man and woman the puts on a uniform and serves this country with courage and honor! I understand the hardships of a soldier only because of my uncles, my dad and my mother! As well as several cousins! Many of them serving during a war! I have heard the stories and they are anything but glorious like Hollywood would have us believe! My Uncle served as a cook on a small frigate and was in Pearl Harbor when it was bombed by Japan! My father served in Korea! Our troops, sailors and airmen all deserve our gratitude and love! The horrors you have seen we will never understand! It is people in uniform, not the rich people in Washington that make me proud to be a Citizen of this great nation!

Another reason why I hate politicians . They have no problem sending people into battle for bullshit reasons but when that person comes home they get treated like shit and not taken care of properly especially if they have a life changing injury . The millitary and national security should be left to people who know what the hell they are doing * IE former soldiers or people that have experience in that field * not a group of ugly old geezers in suits who stand in an ACed audutorium and pretend like they speak for the common man .

Again, I'm sorry to incite pity, sorrow, memories, anything in that sort of nature. I'm more disappointed in all people, no matter what be the political, religious, or cultural affiliation. For example, a couple of weeks ago I tried talking about it in the chat room (mistake I now know) and I was given the response "I know more than you ever will, boy". Now I'm not giving out the person's SN, but this struck me very deeply . . knowing very well they didn't KNOW. And I agree with you Rob, that it is a blessing they never experience the horror and the nightmares, but that doesn't mean they can act as though they have . . that I find the most offensive :(

I run into a lot of those people. I just remind myself they really no not of which they speak and I do my best to remember they truly have no frame of reference except for what they think. I do my best to try and temper my responses to them. Out of respect for their ignorance...which honestly is probably best they have.

They tend to have a different view of things and a more wholesome perspective. Something I lost a long time ago, and honestly....more times than not....I wish I had that naivety back.

Rob

Perhaps it is I being naive; a combination of frustration and exhaustion has taken it's toll apparently. :(

You fought and some of your friends died to protect this right. Don’t disparage it; embrace it and carry it as far as you possibly can!

Again, I'm sorry to incite pity, sorrow, memories, anything in that sort of nature. I'm more disappointed in all people, no matter what be the political, religious, or cultural affiliation. For example, a couple of weeks ago I tried talking about it in the chat room (mistake I now know) and I was given the response "I know more than you ever will, boy". Now I'm not giving out the person's SN, but this struck me very deeply . . knowing very well they didn't KNOW. And I agree with you Rob, that it is a blessing they never experience the horror and the nightmares, but that doesn't mean they can act as though they have . . that I find the most offensive :(

I don't think that every person in the chat room realizes that the things he/she types out randomly hurt others so much. I've had things said to me in there that really upset me afterwards.
I don't think people in the chat room come in there to talk about serious issues like politics and the government.
However, posting here in General Discussion gives us time to think about how to thank you for what you've done, and recognize you for the hero you are.
I don't KNOW about your experiences, and I would never act like I do.
You will find many people here who will support you and appreciate you.
:yourock:

First, thank you for your service to our country.

You are absolutely right that no one can understand what the soldiers go through, unless they've been through it themselves. I'm one who has always believed that unless I'm standing in someone's shoes, it's not my place to judge.

My parents knew a guy once who was an international businessman, who had served in Vietnam. His experiences had left him with what I guess is now called PTSD. The gentleman who had served in Nam NEVER discussed his experiences during the war with ANYONE, not even his wife.

The men and women who serve in the armed forces are very brave, and I appreciate their service. They are the ones who are really doing the task of keeping our world a safer and better place to live.

Mitch

Belly-

I'm with you honestly. I don't have the smallest clue what it's like there- except for what my friends/family have told me they've seen. Never first hand, nor do I pretend to know the slightest bit of how it feels to be there.

However, on my end- I do realize what sacrifices are made everyday for us to live here, in our country with the rights we have, and hear people do nothing but complain. I've witnessed first hand the bad mouthing of soldiers, past and present, and it royally ticks me off. People get so caught up in their own little worlds, they forget what it takes for them to keep it that way. For this, I am thankful, and I do thank the soldiers I meet whenever I can. I appreciate the sacrifices you all make for people like me everyday, and I don't think it's too much to thank those for that sacrifice.

I was brought up with this phrase in mind (being so many in my family were military):

"Our nation is a free nation, though it has it's problems, we are better off than most. Men and women fight for our country everyday and out of appreciation, we thank them whenever and however we can"

THAT being said..... THANK YOU... all of you (past and present)... for all that you do for our nation :)

And Belly- sorry I ranted on your thread.... You rock hun :)

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your service. :bowing:

As the sister and cousin to soldiers, as well as the granddaughter of a Korean vet, I am immensely proud of them. It also annoys me when people are quick to judge them and pretend to know what they've gone through when they know nothing. I may not have experienced the ravages of war; I have seen my brother and my cousins readjust to civilian life after returning home from a tour of duty. I don't pretend to know what they've experienced, but all I can do for them is listen when they need to talk. :)

In my book, it doesn't matter where you fight or what you fight for. Life itself is a war, and most of us - if not all - have/have had/will have tough battles to fight in life, whether we are in the military or not.

In my book, it doesn't matter where you fight or what you fight for. Life itself is a war, and most of us - if not all - have/have had/will have tough battles to fight in life, whether we are in the military or not.

I don't think you understand what the OP is trying to say .

Sorry if I've offended.

Well this thread isn't about you .

I never said it was.

I was just making a statement. There are people out there who go through hells that not even I can imagine, so I don't think it's just about being in the military. I think it's about Life itself. I'm also pretty sure there are some places out there where people suffer hells that military men and women cannot even imagine. Again - I equate it all to Life.

Perception circumstance are all things that shape the Eye of the Beholder.

I never said it was.

I was just making a statement. There are people out there who go through hells that not even I can imagine, so I don't think it's just about being in the military. I think it's about Life itself. I'm also pretty sure there are some places out there where people suffer hells that military men and women cannot even imagine. Again - I equate it all to Life.

So you think that life is just a pointless shithole then we die ?

So you think that life is just a pointless shithole then we die ?

No, I do not.

I'm sure there is a point to life. Almost certain. But my point is that suffering knows no bounds, regardless of who you are, where you are, and what/who you fight for. That's just Life - existence.

I served in Vietnam and I am now a diehard conservative. That's the the great thing about a democracy, people are free to think and do. Plenty of people who are politicians both conservative and liberal served in the military, even if they didn't they since have a right to agree or disagree, I really don't get your point!

It's okay. Not many people really get my points. I'm an odd duck and I don't mind admitting it.

Again, sorry if I've offended.

Tangerine my comments were not directed at you... but some previous commentary... I guess politicians never served in the military? or perhaps since I served I am all knowing and would never be a die hard conservative or die hard liberal? I just disagreed with some of the previous posts.

What's New

5/8/2024
The final Vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is now ongoing. Visit the GFA forum to vote!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back