• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Tormented Soles - Miscellaneous Banter.

appearance vs substance

z
Kalamos said:
It always puzzles me: players devote more time coming up with a sleek appearance for their chars, while spending scant few words for their char's character.
Your chars are bound to change clothes more often than that, guys!

:D

I agree 100% that character descriptions are more important than clothing. (See my try at a new character description)

But you do ask for a description of "appearance, clothes, and weapons if any" before the request for "background story. Doesn't have to be long." It seems minor, but if you ask for appearance first, and downplay background story, could that be why people tend to concentrate on appearances?

tickledgirl said:
But you do ask for a description of "appearance, clothes, and weapons if any" before the request for "background story. Doesn't have to be long." It seems minor, but if you ask for appearance first, and downplay background story, could that be why people tend to concentrate on appearances?
You are quoting cassandra's basic rules.
If you check my corollary, you'll see I actually stressed the importance of a setting-consistent background over cold description. :)

-> http://www.tickletheater.com/showthread.php?t=15352

tickledgirl said:
I agree 100% that character descriptions are more important than clothing. (See my try at a new character description)

Actually, there are two reasons why appearance comes before background story on the sign up form. The first reason is because I followed the same format used by other roleplaying forums. In those forums, the background story is always given at the bottom of the form. Maybe it's because people like to see whether the character is acceptable appearance-wise (like Tickling_Anime's half vampire wearing T-shirt and jeans in a medieval Roman setting) before reading what is usually the longest part of the sign-up.

The second reason has to do with the sexual nature of tickling, which this RPG is focused on. If you're doing cybertickling or cybersex, the first thing most people ask is "What are you wearing?"

And this goes to admirably show how this game works.
I oversee the boring part, background, city names, and setting consistencies.
Cassandra tackles the cybertickling part.

This way you can hate me because I'm anal retentive, but you'll love cassandra, who'll tickle, or be tickled by, you.
Works for me. ;)

Oh, you'll hate me.
I know I'm already hating you.
You'll be reciprocating in no time.

J/K.

;)

Aww, I dont hate you because of the RP forums Kal.....

....nooo, there's whole different reasons....

>.>

*waits for character to die in a tragic and mysterious fishing accident*

......Sorry, I forgot it's more medieval. Also sorry for not posting, I got sick. Anyway I'll go back, and look at other characters to get a more medieval appearance. I didn't really try to make it look all sleek, just the way I wanted him to look. I'm sorry for messing up, also it is good to know what the person is wearing if you remove cloths, or move them to leave spots open.

Actually, it's not quite medieval either. ;)

I guess I can work out a bit of time to participate in this, but I'm really losing interest in the setting. There's nothing wrong with the tickling, and the bondage is nice when it does happen, but the setting gets boring when we have to stick to a semi-realistic Roman style. I mentioned this before and while it's not something that kills the roleplay instantly, it will set in gradually. Still no offense to those who like the setting, of course.

I wonder if that is the reason so few people have joined and those who signed up left so quickly. It's probably NOT because TT users don't like to cyber, because I get quite a lot of PMs responding to my sig.

I'd actually forgotten about this thread entirely! I have some ideas for a new setting and things, if anyone's willing to make the transition. I suppose I'll need to run these things by the Special "K" first. :D

I was wondering about starting a WWE RP thread. It would Be only Women Wrestlers, And All Matches Would Be Tickling, And You Would Have A Chance To Tickle Roleplay Backstage.

This board is only for the Tales of Aygomenia RP, which has been dead since last year. This is not the kind of roleplaying board where you can start your own RP. Try posting your idea in one of the discussion boards and see if you can set it up somewhere, because that was how Tales of Aygomenia got started years ago.

Indeed. It was a fun setting though. Just make sure you have several players before attempting anything.

What's New

5/6/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for the webs largest one-stop fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back