• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Tormented Soles - The Wallpaper Pictures.

Kalamos

Level of Lemon Feather
As a plug for our RPG, I am adding wallpaper versions of the char pics.

Attachments

• K.Tharagyan.Magister.01.BG.jpg
    K.Tharagyan.Magister.01.BG.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 324
Added Pic.

Attachments

• K.Tharagyan.Ankyra.BG.jpg
    K.Tharagyan.Ankyra.BG.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 331
Cool. :)
I suppose you couldn't make one of my char? :p

Btw did you draw those two yourself.

A small extra suggestion add the title of the RPG.
Char's or Classes name and a background fittign the era.

Great pics, Kalamos.

I suppose you draw them yourself(look your stile)

Off course I'll bow too. we can't upset the GM... I mean 'god' of this universe :p

I posted Actions for everybody - I think.
I can reply to comments here now. :)

-> Dutch Feetlover.

Glad you liked them. :)
To make a long answer short: yes.

-> Darth Vegeta.

The Magister Kentum, or Kentarkos, is actually based on the description of your own character.
Of course this is Tharagyan, while your char is Morean.

Main differences lie in style: a Morean Kentarkos would be wearing a Makanakarea, instead of a Megalokyros.
His colours would be silver armour over red clothing, and he'd have the Moon devices over his arms, instead of the Sun device.

About adding text to the pics: I like simple stuff on my desktop. :)
Text usually ends up cluttering the view.

Description for characters and equipments should be in the Background section.
OR... in the older game thread.

BTW, I am no god of this universe. ;)

-> Duke Diablo.

Glad you liked the pics.
I did draw them. :)

-> Nessonite.

Aw... come on... ;)

Ok guys, big update this time.
Posted a world map and Actions for most active characters.

Be sure to check the forum for background infos and pics.
I often add stuff and update threads, but I seldom notify players, so give a glance if you are behind a revision or two.

->http://www.tickletheater.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54

Enjoy.

Kalamos, great wallpapers. I have request, If I may: could you draw a 'group' wallpaper? One showing all PCs currently playing? That would be really great.

Downloaded the world map. Nice. Thanx.

As for actions, well, you surely made me think. I'll post my action when I think deeply about my next move. That's a serious dillema you put me into.

Players come. Players go. Players take a break. Sometimes they come back.

In the meanwhile, I keep expanding the gaming work, tiny bit by tiny bit.

One more background picture, in a completely different drawing style, from your favourite Aygomenian drawer.

[Yes, that means me...]

Attachments

• K.Tharagyan.Skirmisher.01.BG.01.jpg
    K.Tharagyan.Skirmisher.01.BG.01.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 22
This is a thread I missed when rummaging through the forum the other day. Those color pictures are striking (I'd seen them earlier as line drawings)! Simple pallets, yet elegant. And this newest is a handsome addition! You're designs have a grounded credibility, an authentic feel... they're the sorts of things I'd expect to find in those fine Osprey military books. Nothing is flighty or awkward. I suspect you do a great deal of research.

Last edited:
Littlebighead said:
Those color pictures are striking. Simple pallets, yet elegant.
I went for something "believable": I envisioned the legionaires to be wearing simple tunics with bold, readily recognisable colours. It would make sense on the battlefield and give a sense of unity to the troops.

You're designs have a grounded credibility, an authentic feel... they're the sorts of things I'd expect to find in those fine Osprey military books.
Thanks, quite nice of you. I actually love that series.
My favourite artists is Angus McBride. He used to do gorgeous art for the MERP game.

Nothing is flighty or awkward. I suspect you do a great deal of research.
Yes. Used to do some research, in the past. ;)
Fun part is I can now merge reality with fantasy and invent new arms and armours.
I think it lends depth and flavour to the setting, and we don't have to rely on pre-made art to depict the characters.

This Tharagyan Irregular is actually a blend of fantasy and real details.
Glad you liked it. :)

Same wallpaper, now in full colour.
Open it. Save it. Use it. Love it. It's free of charge, just for you.

Attachments

• K.Tharagyan.Skirmisher.01.BG.02.jpg
    K.Tharagyan.Skirmisher.01.BG.02.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 12
Impressive in gray shades, doubly so in color! Painting these figures gives them enormous immediacy. These wallpaper themes are a great idea, well conceived in their simplicity and clean design. I've switched over and am currently using them as my desktop! Thanks K!

I am using them myself, not out of lack of modesty, but because they give some colour and character, yet they are unobtrusive, since there is plenty of space where icons are usually placed.

I tried giving some more life and detail to the basic image; I am happy about the rivets and the needlework.
I must thank you guys for giving me some inspiration.

That's nice of you to say! It cuts both ways, of course. I'm really taken with these wallpaper lay-outs, for instance (wish I'd said something about the wise use of space earlier, as it was very much in my mind). I'd like to try something similar myself one day, soon as I've got a few characters worthy of the treatment. It's the dynamic I find so energizing about TTC, the constant influx of fresh ideas and perspectives, set against a vernerable background of past accomplishment. One feels he could accomplish great things, especially with so many highly respected colleagues for company and support.

It's the plus side with web communities; it's hard turning inward for inspiration when new users constantly join and stave off stagnation.

For me, though, it is also about doing something I like and drawing pics I am comfortable and happy with. :)

Absolutely. The fulfilling act of creation is frequently its own best reward. I was driven to early efforts primarily for solo amusement, or to entertain a small audience of non-reciprocating friends. Too, illustration is a logical extention of storytelling, my primarly concern. Still, I find that contributing to this forum inspires me to increasingly polished graphic effort. I tend to plan my pictures better, to revise them more. I'm far less likely to settle for an "iffy" end result. It isn't competative insecurity, exactly (I don't feel that I'm competing against anything other my own earlier work); the sensiblity is more cooperative. When the community at large is offering its best efforts to enrich the archives, to personally do less seems like slacking.

Mmm... I don't feel that kind of gratefulness.
Not with tickling art, at least.
I actually wonder if casual viewers - besides the few regulars who actually care to post a comment - even care about the technique, the shading and so on.

But I guess I wasn't happy with the result anyway. :)

You make a good point regarding member involvement. I've always found it astonishing that, with a reported role of over 36,000, we regularly hear from only the same several dozen contributing names. How can this mass of folks stand not to voice their opinion! I joined TTC in November of last year, but only managed to confirm my account a few months ago. That intervening time of enforced silence was agony! Of course, in a way, these dynamics work to the advantage of active members: I'm not sure the forum could stand many more art contributions per week than it now absorbs. Barely enough time exists for pictures to be properly appreciated before they're supplanted by new submissions. I can barely imagine the chaos if current numbers were multiplied.

As to the level of critical appreciation, you're probably right again. I suspect most viewers are indifferent to technique. I imagine the majority don't even notice it unless it's faulty. And since casual viewers probably wouldn't bother to comment except to complain, perhaps we can accept their silence as compliment. There's a silver lining for you!

So, we can be thankful we aren't swamped by flames and trolling...
That's a way to look at its bright side, I suppose.

Oh well...

:D :D :D

I see little downside in having the active art forum a compact, insular entity within the larger framework of TTC, with commentary provided primarily by other artists and art fans. Such people will have a special appreciation for difficulties of inspiration and technique, and will be more tolerant of experimentation. Also more forgiving, should we happen to slip ever now and then. As for that element that shows up strictly for its fetish kicks... well, they're valuable too, I suppose. They certainly add weight to the totals.

I don't have a real stance.

I simply stopped doing tickling pics.
There's no single reason for that.

I suppose I'm happier with drawing other pics; tickling art didn't give me the kind of thrill I expected. But I am happy many artists keep doing it.

Art pool will never get stale, that way. :)

Well, you've certainly paid your dues. You should be able to submit any sort of illustration you like, and have it happily accepted by the community. I can understand not wanting to attempt artwork you don't find fulfilling. That can be a tremendous chore, and no pleasure.

Personally, I've always found fetish art a bit stressful... initially, because of the need to disguise or hide it; now, because it's held to the high standard of the forum. That's not to say that I'm unhappy with my TTC involvement. Finding more comfortable ways of doing it is my personal challenge.

Well, this game, Aygomenia, is a fair compromise: I can post non-fetish stuff [which doesn't require that special mood] with no need for a personal forum.

It is a fascinating challenge, to merge a tiny bit of history with some differently flavoured fantasy. But I am patting my own shoulder.

Yet, I am happy the setting isn't the usual DnD fare, or japanese console clone.
I can draw original pics and chars. I have to, since imperial fantasy games and novels are fairly scarce.

I get to design everything. That's what I like about Aygomen.
And that's what I am thanking you for: allowing me to explain. To talk about this game from a different point of view.

This is the closest thing to an interview, something I wouldn't be doing by myself alone. :)

The only "catch" is, I've kept this game fairly low profile: no plugs. No ads. No trumpets.
We are still setting things up. We are only into the first few week, game time. There is space for growth.

That's why I am not advertising my pics either.
They are game-related, and while unique to this forum and game-setting, they wouldn't really belong to a fetish forum, no matter what. :)
There are other places, better suited to showcase generic, fantasy pics.

I'd like to turn this into a web-sourcebook for players to refer to.
They don't really need guidelines to cybertickle their friends - but they could use some help to get more from a still expanding fantasy world.

See? I get *really* verbose. At times... ;)

:D :D :D

Wow! Some new Kalamos art.....well I'm months late but new to me. Especially like the legionnaire. Doesn't matter if it's tickling or not I always enjoy period pieces. I think you need more ads and trumpets. :D

What's New

5/8/2024
The final Vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is now ongoing. Visit the GFA forum to vote!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back