• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Travel thread

Vanillaphant

TMF Master
It struck me recently that very few travel threads seem to pop up on General Discussion… So I thought I’d create one that’s quite general in nature.

Any places you like to visit? Any places you would LIKE to visit? Imagine money wasn’t an issue and you had, say, a free month in your calendar (fat chance, I know lol) - where would you go? Perhaps you feel drawn to another nation’s culture…? Certain landmarks, landscapes…? Who knows.

Cheeyers! :)

Well, after my grand adventure sailing across the atlantic in 2015, i've pretty much come to the conclusion that I WON'T be travelling for a long time.....largely due to the fact that I no longer having savings!

But I definitely would recommend Portugal to anyone. Especially Lisbon. You are within an hour's drive of Sintra, a place that nearly could have been in an Indiana Jones film, I feel like. You're also not too far from Cascais, a beachy town that my twin went to with his wife for their honeymoon (Obviously I talked them into it).

If I could go anywhere right now, it'd probably be back to Portugal. I'd just need to learn Portuguese better! Brazil is a very cool place as well, but given everything that is going on down there, i'd say now's probably not a good time to visit..but that's just my opinion. A few other guys I sailed with went down the Amazon and came out of it just fine with plenty of stories (and photos) to share!

Well, after my grand adventure sailing across the atlantic in 2015, i've pretty much come to the conclusion that I WON'T be travelling for a long time.....largely due to the fact that I no longer having savings!

But I definitely would recommend Portugal to anyone. Especially Lisbon. You are within an hour's drive of Sintra, a place that nearly could have been in an Indiana Jones film, I feel like. You're also not too far from Cascais, a beachy town that my twin went to with his wife for their honeymoon (Obviously I talked them into it).

If I could go anywhere right now, it'd probably be back to Portugal. I'd just need to learn Portuguese better! Brazil is a very cool place as well, but given everything that is going on down there, i'd say now's probably not a good time to visit..but that's just my opinion. A few other guys I sailed with went down the Amazon and came out of it just fine with plenty of stories (and photos) to share!

That's one heckuva reply. Not to mention, quick! (Was expecting to wait somewhere between one hour and eternity for a response lol.) So thank you!

Intrigued by this Atlantic crossing adventure... Feel free to divulge more info!

Cheers. :)

Well, firstly, it's about as expensive as it sounds...I'm not kidding when I say my savings took a real nasty hit. But I don't regret it. I've touched almost every civilized continent on earth now, save for Australia, so the voyage was a good excuse for me to finally visit Brazil, and in extension, South America!

I don't want to post any links, because I don't want anyone to be able to follow back to this site, but if you were to google the tall ship the Bark Europa, and go visit their site, it pretty much explain the voyages. They have TONS of different kinds; the ship frequently travels around the world, and visits Antarctica every year. I had the option of staying on to get to Chile, but by that point, after everything I'd seen, I was homesick and wanted to back in America. I really do love this country!

I'll get to Chile some day. Somehow.

The moon. As Mars is too far away to get there and back in a month. But, when I was a kid I always wanted to be an astronaut and walk on the moon. Maybe someday I'll get there, but at least this way I know I'd get there...

Oh I love Lisbon, went there last November!
In '13 I traveled across Europe. Started in France(north east) but after 2 days of pouring rain left for Barcalona and watch my soaked tent literally dry up in the sun.
After Barcalona went to the south of France, the Provence(really recommend that one) and then went through Italy(esspecially recommend Toscani).
Went all the way to the bottom and then traveled all the way up north to Vienna, Austria and Prague, Czech Repub.
Really learned alot and met alot of good people.

But to come back to the original question:
I'd like to visit Japan! Not just Tokyo or Kyoto but also the smaller places.. and I want to visit their Holland attractionpark, it's supposed to be an attractionpark with alot of dutch monuments.

I also want to go to Australia, my GF lived/work there for a year so she has alot of connections there.
And if money and time wouldn't be an issue I'd also like to visit America and travel through the different states!

So much to see, so little time..(and money)

Sadly impossible, but I would love to see the Caribbean a few decades ago before the huge hotels and resorts blotted the landscape. Back when you might stay in a little pension run by an islander and have local food. There are still a few places where this is still the reality - and I adore the ones I've found - but they're few and far between, and there is always the specter of development.

So a small sailing yacht and a time machine please!

I've been to many places, but I only truly feel at home in China :bubbleheart: The people, the food, the culture, the safety, all amazing. I've been living there almost 10 years and loving it :)

Interesting responses so far!

Weird, the stuff you learn on - and from - this forum. A Japanese Holland-themed theme park?! lol I was thinking, "Eh? What's the connection there?" Apparently, the two nations have been trading since the early 17th century, and when a Christian uprising occurred in Japan (about 30 years later), it was the Dutch who helped quash it, making them Japan's sole Western trading partner - for a while, anyway. Bit of a nerdy factoid there! lol (This is why I like making threads on GD :D)

Yea you're right.. for awhile the had a trading agreement.
Japanese people asked every tourist from the west if they are dutch and actually want to take pictures with you if you are!
The monuments are made from the original building materials as the original builings!
Instead of making the materials there, they shipped everything from the Netherlands.. talking about dedication!

For overseas travel, in no particular order Australia, New Zealand, Great Britain and Normandy.

There are so many places here in the U.S. I would like to see that could take a decade at least.

What's New

5/11/2024
The TMF Art and Story Archives collect some of our communities best creators work in one place!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back