• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Tribute to John Lennon..

melanie2

4th Level Blue Feather
John Lennon..killed by a coward twenty eight years ago yesterday as he was returning to his apartment after a recording session and/or interview..the creep had the nerve to ask him for his autograph earlier..which was eerily caught on tape..

here is Jealous Guy..one of my favorite of his..

never forgotten John...never..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lLs2dC9NaE

Ah, John Lennon... Where would the world of eyeglasses be without his insightful example of tiny specs. And where would rock and roll be had he not married Yoko and obliterated 15 years of the originals of the musical style, thus wiping the slate clean.

Ah, John...

I think that teh Beatles is a pretty cool guy. He imagines and doesn't afraid of anything.

Ah, John Lennon... Where would the world of eyeglasses be without his insightful example of tiny specs. And where would rock and roll be had he not married Yoko and obliterated 15 years of the originals of the musical style, thus wiping the slate clean.

Ah, John...

i'm not sure what you mean by that..

i happen to have thought he was super talented..and my favorite Beatle also. i felt he made some of his best music while he was solo..and also his last album is a classic to me..

i'm not sure what you mean by that..

i happen to have thought he was super talented..and my favorite Beatle also. i felt he made some of his best music while he was solo..and also his last album is a classic to me..

For a pictoral explanation of his impact on the field of eyewear, see the attached.

For an explanation on the whole ruining the Beatles; after they split up it was the beginning of the end for the sounds of 60s rock and roll, and opened the genre up greatly to the newer influences of hard rock.

Attachments

• john-lennon-glasses_48.jpg
    john-lennon-glasses_48.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 1
ah well everyone blamed Yoko Ono..and you know i never liked her either..but watching the Woman video then and now..i could see the love the two shared for each other..i believe he was the love of her life and vice versa..

and Paul's solo career was ack...shudders..except for "Live and Let Die" and even then only parts of it, i believe his band Wings and he sucked...

Some people wanna fill the world with silly love songs.
I look around me and I see it isn't so.
Some people wanna fill the world with silly loves songs.
Well what's wrong with that?

See if I kept that up then I'd be a member of a...

Band on the run.

With or without Yoko I'm sure that the Beatles would have split up anyway. They were some very creative talents, but ultimately musicians usually want to try something different. Plus with every generation new music bubbles up from the ranks and attitudes change.

But speaking of Lennon himself getting shot is a travesty, he certainly did not deserve that fate.

One of my favorite performances of JL's was his walk-on performance with Frank Zappa at the Fillmore East in 1971.

John Lennon..killed by a coward twenty eight years ago yesterday as he was returning to his apartment after a recording session and/or interview..the creep had the nerve to ask him for his autograph earlier..which was eerily caught on tape..

here is Jealous Guy..one of my favorite of his..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lLs2dC9NaE

John was and still is very important to me. The day he died was one of those moments that will never leave me. It was horrific and marked the end of an era. As he said once 'The Dream Is Over' - and it finallly was.

John's quick and cutting wit from which he made important social observations has been an influence on every generation since. No longer were rock stars the 'pretty boys with nothing important going on between their ears'. He was a deep thinker.

While I don't think everything he did in his solo career was phenom.... I do think a lot of it was important. I also think he and Paul needed each other even if they stopped writing as a team somewhere after the second album. While Paul influenced John to write more accessable music (not lyrics - don't confuse what I'm saying), John's influence on Paul was to write music that was more stripped down with lyrics that were less banal.

Case in point would be John's song 'John Sinclair'. John got more than a bit carried away with the 'got to, got to, got to....'. Conversely, look at just about anything Paul has done past the 'Venus and Mar's album.

The Beatles were probably my first important musical influence. Zep and Aerosmith followed.

I'm sorry that I'm rambling here but I spent the anniversary of John's death just quietly remembering him and what he meant to me.

John you're missed but you're still here to those of us that remember you as more than an image in an old video.

Just an additional thought - one of my trips to NYC brought me to the doorway of the Dakota. It's a small, dark, unassuming place that only gives away it's importance by the doormen at the gate. It was a strange sensation to be standing on the spot where John was fatally attacked. Strange and somehow humbling.

Last edited:
^ thank you David for that thought provoking and touching tribute to a legend..yes indeed John was a legend..you are so right about his humour..and when i was little, he was the Beatle that made me blush..he was my first crush..

On the day of his funeral, i can remember going into our little dining room..in our first home..a tiny home but cozy..the radio was playing something of his..and i just stood there..picturing John as he and the other Beatles boarded a plane, and he turned around to wave..

"Thank you, i hope we passed the audition."

There is no doubt in my mind that we will never see the like of john again, i think he was without doubt the "main man of the group" the music at the time was a revelation, and he was a good human being to boot, he was from my era and country and changed such a lot.i'am glad i did't miss it. Thanks Izzy for starting the thread yet another good one.

Just an additional thought - one of my trips to NYC brought me to the doorway of the Dakota. It's a small, dark, unassuming place that only gives away it's importance by the doormen at the gate. It was a strange sensation to be standing on the spot where John was fatally attacked. Strange and somehow humbling.

Standing in the doorway of the Dakota. Brrrrr. Like walking through Dealey Plaza in Dallas, only a lot more immediate.

One of my college classmates had a job at a local radio station in 1980. It was his voice which I heard on December 8th, half-crying, reading aloud an AP press bulletin about JL's assassination.

Meh...I never really cared for the Beatles and always felt Lennon was overated. Then again, I grew up not caring for the whole 60's scene to begin with.

No need to jump me for it. Just my musical opinion...

another year.

I've seen the 'Making of' for Beatles Rock Band and it just brings it all back again. I don't play video games but I would love to see all of the videos they created for it.

There are places I'll remember all my life though some have changed.
Some forever - not for better.
Some have gone and some remain.
All these places had their moments with lovers and friends.
I still can recall.
Some are dead and some are living.
In my life, I've loved them all.

Yes another year, DAvid..i just watched Elton John's video of Empty Garden and i still get tears in my eyes..next year it will mark thirty years since his tragic death..my favorite Beatle and non Beatle..now and forever..

It's nice that you have memories of him from such a pivotal point in musical and cultural history, but I think had he not been killed, he would have followed the path to relative obscurity that the other three took as musical experimentation and evolution took place and his styles gave way to the Led Zeppelins and disco-makers of the world. He'd have the notoriety as a Beatle like the other three, but I doubt he would have gone much farther with any huge success.

Like Hawk, I too think he's overrated as a musician. If he represents a memorable time in someone's life, great. But the Fat Boys do the same for me.

Amen to that Izzy. :cry

I've just started back in August/September, And after watching Hiyao Miyazaki's Ponyo, to buy The Beatles album one or two at a time, whih started with the recent Remix Album (and looks awesome with Pink Floyd's Dark Side of The Moon): Love.

First time for me to collect any of their work and I love their creative works since I was a little lad when my Mother's side of the family introduced me to their music in the red/blue compilation albums. :blush

Already collected by purchase:

Sgt Pepper, Revolver, Abbey Road, Rubber Soul and Magic Mystery Tour.

There are so many tracks that I've fallen in love with, all over again.

And as I loved the solo songs, when they were together, they made something great and made me want to draw again or take more photos. :wub

God Bless the lads from The Merseyside. ;)

His death was indeed a great loss. I am a big Beatles fan and really took it hard when he died.

Has it really been 29 years?

I was never a stone Beatles fan. In fact, their songs were getting so much airplay during the 70's and 80's that at one point I swore that if I never heard another Beatles track for the next thousand years, that would be just fine. I started listening again when I came upon some of their live and outtake stuff on a concert trading site.

What's New

5/6/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for the webs largest one-stop fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back