• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

TT Awards Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tickle_fan031

2nd Level Green Feather
Ok this is a rather random thing but I thought it might be a laugh......

Welcome to the first the TT Awards....hosted by me and my very good friend here Ex.

I'll start off with some categories feel free to add them.then we will ask people to cast their votes later on

TTs funniest member

TTs coolest member

TTs best Female Ler

TTs best Male Ler

TTs best Female Lee

TTs best Male Lee

Over to you Ex

tickle_fan03 said:
Ok this is a rather random thing but I thought it might be a laugh......

Welcome to the first the TT Awards....hosted by me and my very good friend here Ex.

I'll start off with some categories feel free to add them.then we will ask people to cast their votes later on

TTs funniest member

TTs coolest member

TTs best Female Ler

TTs best Male Ler

TTs best Female Lee

TTs best Male Lee

Over to you Ex

Best Female LER = Karen
Best Male LEE = Wade
Best Female LEE = Helen ( ;) )
Best Male LER = Tough call.
Funniest Member = Tough call.
Coolest Member = LK

Thank you Helen. Here's a few I've though of:

Best Avatar (of current ones)

Best Single Sig Pic (of current ones)

Best Overall Sig (of current ones)

Best Title (of current ones)

Most Unusual User

Biggest Smartass

That's all I can think of for now. As Helen said, be sure to add your suggestions.

Last edited:
F.L. Atlanta said:
Best Female LER = Karen
Best Male LEE = Wade
Best Female LEE = Helen ( ;) )
Best Male LER = Tough call.
Funniest Member = Tough call.
Coolest Member = LK

Hold up now FL, we're not starting yet.

Here are some categories:

TT's most biggest ass

TT's member most in love with Senshi

TT's member who acts like a wuss most often

TT's most feminine member

TT's most clueless member

TT's worst member to think of categories for an award thread ( :p )

Oh, I forgot that it can't be rigged so that i'm the only person to fit my category. Nevermind, then. =(

Last edited:
now this is a good idea.

we should have a "Most loved Member" catergory too.

Yes, it is quite silly. And if memory serves me, which it does, I suggested something like this (although not so silly) a long time ago and it was frowned upon.

Reason being that it may create an uncomfortable, competitive environment in which people's feelings may get hurt or individuals may feel excluded, underappriciated, or ignored. I didn't give much thought to that at the time, but I did soon after. Although, to my credit, I did ask and didn't assume to actually do anything.

That may not necessarily happen here, since the actual awards are silly, but I think that if I was denied creating such an award ceremony, then so should everyone else be, on fair principle. Either that, or I'd be allowed to create my version as well, assuming I still wanted to have one.

Last edited:
Vladislaus Dracula said:
Yes, it is quite silly. And if memory serves me, which it does, I suggested something like this (although not so silly) a long time ago and it was frowned upon.

Reason being that it may create an uncomfortable, competitive environment in which people's feelings may get hurt or individuals may feel excluded, underappriciated, or ignored. I didn't give much thought to that at the time, but I did soon after. Although, to my credit, I did ask and didn't assume to actually do anything.

That may not necessarily happen here, since the actual awards are silly, but I think that if I was denied creating such an award ceremony, then so should everyone else be, on fair principle. Either that, or I'd be allowed to create myversion as well, assuming I still wanted to have one.
Yes, it is quite silly. I agree with you and ness on that. However, I do have a couple things to say about your other thoughts on this...

First off, can you show me the exact thread in which you started and it was frowned upon? You could easily be right and maybe this whole thing isn't a good idea but I wish to see the thread that you made first, if I may. I'm thinking that your thread may have had a similar concept as this one but it may have been frowned upon for other reasons that this thread could avoid. Basically, i'm asking if you could give me a link to the thread you started that was frowned upon so I can see for myself whether or not this thread will most likely be frowned upon as well and if we should just close it now.

Secondly, I agree that there is the possibility of the whole excluding, competitive issue. But i'm pretty sure people here are mature enough to except the fact if someone is nominated, it doesn't necessarily have to be them. This is just a fun little thread for people's hardwork or good personality to be recognized. I mean c'mon. The members on TT are mature. If we see people who are funny, hardworking, or whatever category there is, then we nominate them. The chances of something like "Oh, you're my friend, I should nominate you because of this" or "I don't like this guy. I say he shouldn't be nominated at all" posts are slim to none. I'm sure Ex or Helen wouldn't create a category for something like "Biggest loser on TT" or something that may seem offensive as well so I really don't see how this can turn out to be something that big of a deal. In a worst case scenario, if a member thinks he/she can't handle who we nominate, thenI reccomend just not viewing the thread at all. Simple as that.

Now the whole "if I was denied creating such an award ceremony, then so should everyone else be, on fair principle." thing really sounds like a "if I have to suffer for something, so should everyone else" kinda thing. I really don't think it's necessary to deny this thread just because yours was frowned upon.

I say, let this thread go for a little bit. If members are offended for whatever reason or if your thread is indeed the same as ours and was frowned upon, then fine. I say close it. But let a mod be the judge of that. Let's just see how this thread does for a couple days, ok? If it doesn't go down with the members very well, then I will request that a mod close it, but only for something like that. I know our mods and admin are very responsible and do their job very well, so I have no doubt that they will choose the right decision for closing it or not. Leave it up to a mod. Report this thread if anything. A mod will check it and either give an approval or a thumbs down.

Edit: Holy shiat, I had no idea I was capable of typing so much. :p

Most Jealous Member
Most Megalomaniacal Member
Most prone to make a snappy remark
Most delightful to speak with
Most Generous
i think you see where this is going
Most un answered posts
Most Unanswered threads

Random_noob86 said:
TT's most clueless member

:tounge:

Silly or not, some of the ideas are good. Its just a little voting thing, like who do you think was the best president ever? (PLEASE dont answer, I only know like 6 of them...:p). Its an opinion, noone is going to get hurt. :happy:

One thing though; the best Siggy/Avatar awards? Um, the idea is cool, but people change their signatures all the time, so whats best NOW might win that "award:p", but who knows? Perhaps there was a better one a year ago, that member just changed it or something. I dunno, I AINT THA HOST(S), so its not my call....ALL HAIL THE BURITOS!!!! :cool:

It's one thing to recognize members for their particular contributions...but to go as far as singling one person out as "the best" does create a rather uncomfortable atmosphere, I think.
That and something like this would, without fail, come up with simply the most "popular" member (ie whatever female is currently posting the most) on top.
I'm not gonna close it or anything of course. Do your thing. I just am not a fan of stuff like this.

*stares at Ness*:wooha:

How can you figure these things out? I never even thought of that...huh...interesting, she's got a point there, I think...(think?! Dont worry guys, it doesnt happen often..:p)

Ok, how'bout the top 10? :D

A Top 10 would have the same problem, I'm afraid. I was a member of a forum (when they were called BBs) in another lifetime and there was an outbreak of "top 10" lists.

I would just much rather see a "recognize people for doing well" thread,if something like this has to happen. Just my $0.02

ok, to continue my way towards that most clueless award, I have to ask 2 questions: 1. Whats this BBs?!
2. Whats you $0.02?

?????:question: :p

Last edited:
This thread could evolve the way you and Vlad think Ness, but like several people have said: these awards are so ridiculously ludicris I don't think this "inferiority complex", competitiveness, whatever I mean...XP will manifest itself. It's like the jokey kind of awards you get at a grad dinner or see in a year book. Now the only beef I have something with is giving an "award" intended as a joke to someone who doesn't see it that way. Other then that I think this might very well be fun.

agreed Dogg. Harmless fun and silliness is this thread's intent. at least I hope so.

Random_noob86 said:
Yes, it is quite silly. I agree with you and ness on that. However, I do have a couple things to say about your other thoughts on this...

First off, can you show me the exact thread in which you started and it was frowned upon? You could easily be right and maybe this whole thing isn't a good idea but I wish to see the thread that you made first, if I may. I'm thinking that your thread may have had a similar concept as this one but it may have been frowned upon for other reasons that this thread could avoid. Basically, i'm asking if you could give me a link to the thread you started that was frowned upon so I can see for myself whether or not this thread will most likely be frowned upon as well and if we should just close it now.

Secondly, I agree that there is the possibility of the whole excluding, competitive issue. But i'm pretty sure people here are mature enough to except the fact if someone is nominated, it doesn't necessarily have to be them. This is just a fun little thread for people's hardwork or good personality to be recognized. I mean c'mon. The members on TT are mature. If we see people who are funny, hardworking, or whatever category there is, then we nominate them. The chances of something like "Oh, you're my friend, I should nominate you because of this" or "I don't like this guy. I say he shouldn't be nominated at all" posts are slim to none. I'm sure Ex or Helen wouldn't create a category for something like "Biggest loser on TT" or something that may seem offensive as well so I really don't see how this can turn out to be something that big of a deal. In a worst case scenario, if a member thinks he/she can't handle who we nominate, thenI reccomend just not viewing the thread at all. Simple as that.

Now the whole "if I was denied creating such an award ceremony, then so should everyone else be, on fair principle." thing really sounds like a "if I have to suffer for something, so should everyone else" kinda thing. I really don't think it's necessary to deny this thread just because yours was frowned upon.

I say, let this thread go for a little bit. If members are offended for whatever reason or if your thread is indeed the same as ours and was frowned upon, then fine. I say close it. But let a mod be the judge of that. Let's just see how this thread does for a couple days, ok? If it doesn't go down with the members very well, then I will request that a mod close it, but only for something like that. I know our mods and admin are very responsible and do their job very well, so I have no doubt that they will choose the right decision for closing it or not. Leave it up to a mod. Report this thread if anything. A mod will check it and either give an approval or a thumbs down.

:clapping: Well said Noob, well said.

Both me and Helen, I can assure you, have thought of nothing but just trying to have a bit of fun. I know that there can be a competitive spirit, and I wouldn't want to see that get out of hand. But I personally didn't want it to really be serious, hence my choices for categories. Now if it was things like "Best Artist" or "Best Writer", then I'd agree with not having that. But just things like what I suggested shouldn't be taken too seriously and shouldn't be a problem. Like Noob said, I think everyone here should be mature enough to handle it.

I would say more, but Noob covered it pretty well, so I'd just be repeating him. And I would also like to see a link to that thread, assumming it still exist. And if the mods decide that this isn't fit, then I have no complaints. I only urge them to consider it, which I know they're more than capable of (or otherwise they wouldn't be mods, now would they :p).

Last edited:
BBs is short for "bulliten boards". Specifically I'm talking about Prodigy before it tanked.
Havent you ever heard the expression "my two cents"?

Hungarian2 said:
:tounge:

Silly or not, some of the ideas are good. Its just a little voting thing, like who do you think was the best president ever? (PLEASE dont answer, I only know like 6 of them...:p). Its an opinion, noone is going to get hurt. :happy:

One thing though; the best Siggy/Avatar awards? Um, the idea is cool, but people change their signatures all the time, so whats best NOW might win that "award:p", but who knows? Perhaps there was a better one a year ago, that member just changed it or something. I dunno, I AINT THA HOST(S), so its not my call....ALL HAIL THE BURITOS!!!! :cool:

Yeah, good point, and I was just refering to the current one (I know, should've been more specific). So yeah, I added that. And again, as of right now it's just coming up with stuff, so nothing's final.

EDIT: I just noticed that my post count is 1337. 'Ph33r |\/|y 1337 sk1llz!!!!:p

Last edited:
Excess said:
Yeah, good point, and I was just refering to the current one (I know, should've been more specific). So yeah, I added that. And again, as of right now it's just coming up with stuff, so nothing's final.

EDIT: I just noticed that my post count is 1337. 'Ph33r |\/|y 1337 sk1llz!!!!:p

No prob. :D Happy 2 help. ;)

nessonite said:
BBs is short for "bulliten boards". Specifically I'm talking about Prodigy before it tanked.
Havent you ever heard the expression "my two cents"?
First of all, thank you for the explanation. :happy:

1. Ok, so bulliten boards...um, prodigy? sorry. :happy:

2. Nope, never heard it. Is it slang for something? :question:

Random_noob86 said:

What you're doing here is profiling. Plain and simple. You are labeling people as such as such, and giving them grandiose titles they may or may not deserve or even want.

Thats pretensious, aggrandizing, and even patronizing to assume to place one person over another in some regard. It's a form of judgement, no matter how fun it seems.

It is largely unnecessary. It serves to make a handful happy and entertained, but it forces others to choose sides, and make decisions that may affect their relationships with others even if it's publically noted as being "just for fun".

A poll designed to select one individual over another is rude. It makes this a contest and competition. This isn't a beauty pagenant. To do this is like putting to people together and saying that while they're both good, one is just a little bit better than the other.

Do you have any idea how insulting that is?

Just because no one says anything doesn't mean it isn't causing problems, hurting feelings, or making people uncomfortable or even devalued. Do you really think people are going to complain if their feelings are hurt or if this is uncomfortable? Of course not. They're going to grin and bear it for everyone else's sake.

If you follow rational thinking to it's conclusion on this matter, you'll see it's better just admiring these individuals like you already do all the time every day.

These people don't need to be told they're such and such or the best this or that. This isn't the oscars and the people that would win aren't actors winning an award for entertaining or appeasing you.

When did we become so superficial that we needed something like this?

Last edited:
F.L. Atlanta said:
agreed Dogg. Harmless fun and silliness is this thread's intent. at least I hope so.

With all due respect, it doesn't matter whether it is or isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's New

5/3/2024
If you need to report a post, click the report button to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back