• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Upstate NY is drowning

kopfhorer

2nd Level Red Feather
It's been raining nonstop for the last 2 days, on and off this evening. Local officials are predicting severe flooding levels. A state of emergency has already been declared. Will my plans for tomorrow get zapped as tonight's have been? We'll see. It's been raining all day and on-and-off this evening. Roads all over the place are closed due to flooding. Local rivers are absurdly swollen. A creek about half a mile from me looks more like a stretch of whitewater (except that it's mud-brown). I live halfway up a decently-sized hill so as with the floods of 5 years ago, I'll probably be OK. The people in low-lying areas are being told to evacuate. And this radio station from New Jersey that I'm listening to online says that it's raining down there too.

How are other TMF-ers in the northeast holding up?

<object width="420" height="345"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_wCvUynhYRY?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_wCvUynhYRY?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="345" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

S'okay over here.. rain on & off.. but nothin' serious. Supposed to get more rain tomorrow.

General evacuation issued for the small towns that I am near that were flooded out last weekend. Looks as if they might get re-dunked.

SUNY Cobleskill is currently an island, with half the campus flooded.

More evacuations across Schohare county to the SW as more flooding is now remixing the rubble left after the last blast. Worries over a possible severe dam failure also. Hearing word that all travel to the county is banned, and national guard is deployed.

Rain is due to let up by late thursday afternoon, but it might not be soon enough for some folks.

Its a waterlogged mess up here.

Myriads

same here in central ny and its only goona get worse with this rain

Just checked ROC weather, and we'll be gettin' some rain today..& clear for the rest of the weekend.

Hope ere'one of my fellow UNY'ers are safe & for the most part; dry.

I have family in the Binghamton area. My brother had to evacuate up to my dad's last night. They're expecting water to overtop the flood walls within the next couple of hours. That would put this securely in the record books. The flood walls were built after record flooding back in 1935 and have never been overtopped. Much of the downtown area was evacuated last night...along with many other areas.

Much of NY and PA are in the same boat...along with so many other areas. What a mess! Texas is burning and we're drowning! Crazy!!!

Got family up there. Schools all closed in the Oneonta area, I hear.

To hell with upstate NY. Have you seen my basement recently? I have to dig out life rafts and boogie boards for my cats.

As I write this, a state police helicopter, quite possibly with the governor in it, is overflying our area to check out just how bad our flooding is, the answer to that being the worst in over 75 years.

I just heard a news report - a national news report - that Scranton-Wilkes-Barre, PA is being evacuated. It's like Hurricane Agnes in 1972 all over again.

All these fucked-up weather patterns, this year alone, monster tornadoes, out-of-control hurricanes, droughts (and the fires that go along with them). It's like our planet's "check engine" light just kicked on.

Things are BAD here in Central Pennsyvania also.

This is going into the record books as the Third Worst Flood in this area.

During Hurricane Agnes in 1972 the Susquehanna River rose over 30 feet in Harrisburg, flooding the Governor's Mansion.

My condolences to all effected by these terrible floods. Stay safe everyone. If you are told to get out, go. Nothing you own is worth your life.

My condolences to all effected by these terrible floods. Stay safe everyone. If you are told to get out, go. Nothing you own is worth your life.

^Could you use some water down Texas way?^:blaugh:

This is going into the record books as the Third Worst Flood in this area.

During Hurricane Agnes in 1972 the Susquehanna River rose over 30 feet in Harrisburg, flooding the Governor's Mansion.

Yeah, I hear it's deja vu all over again down there. I picked up this coffee table book full of pictures of the '72 flood, at a thrift shop a while back. It was eye-popping to say the least.

They were predicting more rain here. None has fallen since about 1 PM. I hope it stays like that. Knock on wood (ouch!).

The flood waters are receding. My house is OK. A storage unit I had downtown was apparently untouched. (Other families came through the storage center to see what they owned that was still usable, and they had minor or no damage either. It's gotta be a miracle!)

Now comes the massive clean-up effort. Last night I checked out some of the areas near where I live that were evacuated during the flood. I watched a block of businesses basically put everything they had to the curb. I mean the entire block was converted with office equipment, furniture, merchandise, They had to use heavy equipment to take it all away. It was sickening. I hope they can survive OK.

The flood waters are receding. My house is OK. A storage unit I had downtown was apparently untouched. (Other families came through the storage center to see what they owned that was still usable, and they had minor or no damage either. It's gotta be a miracle!)

Now comes the massive clean-up effort. Last night I checked out some of the areas near where I live that were evacuated during the flood. I watched a block of businesses basically put everything they had to the curb. I mean the entire block was converted with office equipment, furniture, merchandise, They had to use heavy equipment to take it all away. It was sickening. I hope they can survive OK.

Its good to hear you made it out with out much issue. the one positive thing about the clean up. Some times its good to clean out everything (but thats a weak postive!)

What's New

6/6/2024
Visit Tickle Experiment for a wide range of clips! Info in the TE box below.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back