• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Vanilla

teamtickleguy

2nd Level Orange Feather
Hello everyone,

I am just curious as to the origin of the term Vanilla, which apart from the obvious, I think I'm right in saying refers to the general public, those who do not indulge in our passion for tickling?

I only ask because I've just suddenly noticed it appearing a lot in posts - is it a new phrase, that perhaps hasn't made it to the UK yet?

I am sure that I have also seen it used on another forum/website, but can't remember where, not necessarily anything fetish related - perhaps something like a trainspotter referring to non-trainspotter as a 'Vanilla'.

Where does it come from?

It also reminds me of the term Muggles, as used in Harry Potter to refer to non-wizards.

Cheers
TTG

In BDSM circles: Vanilla = plain; no frills; no kink; straightforward sex

...that is, unless you drip melting vanilla ice cream all over your bound partner and Lickle it off. :devilish:

tsk... tsk... poor, much maligned, Vanilla. Its actually pretty exotic, being that it comes from the fermented seed pod of a beautiful tropical orchid.

I've noticed over the years that it's often (though certainly not always) used disparagingly, to suggest lack of imagination or plainness. Some used to look at kink and poly as "enlightened" lifestyles, for those who've risen above the "unwashed masses." I'm happy to say I haven't seen those attitudes around here for quite some time.

My opinion is that vanilla and/or monogamous lifestyles are just as rich and fulfilled as any other.

Vanilla is regarded (perhaps wrongly) and the plainest and least interesting flavor of ice cream.
So in BDSM circles, it is used to describe people who want to have only plain ordinary sex. It is a pejorative.

Lovely, thanks for clarifying chaps.

I see the reason the word was chosen now, there is nothing more bland than a bad vanilla ice-cream. However, vanilla is a wonderful flavour/scent and in high-quality ice-cream and other foods/products really is quite luxurious and indulgent.

Funny that I've only just noticed it being used.

It's pretty simple. Even the dictionary definition lists it as a noun, of course, but also an adjective for "having no special or extra features." I don't think it's a BDSM-only term.

It's pretty simple. Even the dictionary definition lists it as a noun, of course, but also an adjective for "having no special or extra features." I don't think it's a BDSM-only term.

Yeah it seems not, the UK dictionary I have actually lists the term 'plain-vanilla' as an adjective used to refer to anything that is plain, bog standard.

The Urban Dictionary (always good for a giggle) states that in the gaming world the term vanilla is often used to describe the original release from a series of games, Grand Theft Auto for example.

I've noticed over the years that it's often (though certainly not always) used disparagingly, to suggest lack of imagination or plainness. Some used to look at kink and poly as "enlightened" lifestyles, for those who've risen above the "unwashed masses." I'm happy to say I haven't seen those attitudes around here for quite some time.

My opinion is that vanilla and/or monogamous lifestyles are just as rich and fulfilled as any other.

I now feel ashamed of my weed-whacker fantasies.

Lovely, thanks for clarifying chaps.

I see the reason the word was chosen now, there is nothing more bland than a bad vanilla ice-cream. However, vanilla is a wonderful flavour/scent and in high-quality ice-cream and other foods/products really is quite luxurious and indulgent.

Funny that I've only just noticed it being used.

Are you suggesting you don't like candy sprinkles, you freak?!!!!?

There's vanilla. Then there's Ben & Jerry's French Vanilla. Know what I mean? :)

What's New

4/28/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday Eve at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back