• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Video Games...

Neutron

I know we have quite a few video game players here. Usually I'm into Naval Games, but my new found interest in the Eastern Front has me buying Tank Simulators. I purchased Steel Beasts and Panzer Commander today. I'm wondering if anyone has played these games?

Tron

Not those games. But at the mo I'm playing Conflict: Desert Storm for the PS2. Andy McNab's underpants, or what? :D

I like 1st person shooter games, and I recommend the Medal of Honor games

i used to love playing desert strike. However, now i play rpgs and shooters and survival horror type. If you guys get an xbox anytime soon, check out halo-best first person shooter EVER!!...at least till halo 2 lol

I've got a PS2 myself and have recently been playing Max Payne 2. Very cool stuff. I like 3rd person games and plentiful violence is always fun.:devil:

I know this out of line but I've heard Halo 2 is off the hook.

Tank Simulators...

Are historical shoot em up type games with real strategy.
I played Medal Of Honor, got through the intial disk in about 4 hours. It's too damn simple :(

The US army uses Steel Beasts as a training aid. The most realistic game out there is Sub Command. Especially with the patches available from the net.

Tron

if you like online gamming you might want to give This a try.

I have yet to try it (keep meaning to download it) but it looks very good and gets great reviews for various sites, best part its free :D

If you are into strategy and tactics, I'd recommend the Total War series.

It's a huge step from traditional realtime pseudo-strategic rpgs.
The setting is historical rather than modern, but... you might want to give it a try - and demo versions are available.

I had some real fun - especially rewriting history, with Irish taking over England... :D :D :D

Reg's.

If you understand tactics and don’t mind giving first person shooters a go, have a look at Day Of Defeat. On-line squad-based multiplayer total conversion for half life that emphasises realism over the “CHARGE!” approach. Great fun when you end up against a team of Heroic Deathmatchers who can’t figure out why they keep getting sniped while walking in plain view across an open plaza, often in a nice straight line with the rest of the squad to make life that little bit easier for Mr Sniper :D Find a decent server with some experienced players though and it becomes one of the toughest FPS games out there.

Never played Sub Command. I did try Silent Hunter 2 because I enjoyed the subject matter of U-Boats. But the sim had issues. Scripted and undynamic campaign for one....blah.

Am playing through Conflict: Desert Storm on Hard Level, right now. Have reached the 10th mission and still have all my original patrol members. Of course I am playing as the SAS. Who wants those other DF part-timers? :D Of course playing as 22 SAS does make Foley a bit of a wuss, because all four patrol members start with a level of the Medic skill, unlike the DF where one guy has 3 stars and the others have none. Having the med skill denies Foley the use of any ARs, which means he can only kill with the sniper rifle or pistol. He's still a Corporal, while the other three are a S/Sgt, a Sergeant Major and a 2nd Lieutenant. Gah!

There are certain inacuracies in the game that niggle me. A new member starts with the rank of Private in the SAS, where the real life rank is Trooper. I also had a Staff sergeant awarded the Military Cross the other day, which is a medal that only officers could get at the time of Gulf War 1. (The rank and file equivalent was the Military Medal, which has since been retired and now everyone gets the MC.)

Last edited:
Go To Subsims.com

Fairfeather said:
Never played Sub Command. I did try Silent Hunter 2 because I enjoyed the subject matter of U-Boats. But the sim had issues. Scripted and undynamic campaign for one....blah.

Or Subforums and download the patches dude!!

Tron

I'm like the Tarantino of one-on-one fighting games, especially of the 2D variety. Also, I dig first person shooters, especially when it involves deathmatch (facing other opponents).

What's New

5/8/2024
The final Vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is now ongoing. Visit the GFA forum to vote!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back