• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Videos for sale

NG02

1st Level Red Feather
Trying to get rid of most of my vids. All are in good condition. Most are Realtickling, a few from The Last Laugh, and one from Yaqi. Formats are DVDs and CD-R(mpeg). The DVDs will be $18 and the CD-Rs will be $12. IF you are interested send me a PM and we will work something out.

Yaqi: The Ankha Collection volume 3 (DVD)

LL: Zeta (DVD)
Gamma (DVD)
Iota (DVD)
Nu (DVD)

RT: Some Girls Laughing (DVD)
A Laughing Matter (DVD)
The Laughworks (DVD)
Bound By Laughter (CD-R)
One Young Laughter (CD-R)
Without Consent/ Amandas Challenge (CD-R)
Midnight Hysteria (CD-R)
Tonyas Tickle Tale (CD-R)
Dungeon Of Reversal (CD-R)
Dungeon Of Happiness (CD-R)

Hi, newbee here. (My first post---btw, what's a "PM"?)

Been looking for the FULL version of DOH for a few years now. I had it on tape but it got destroyed by accident. Went to re-buy it from TC and found out that it's no longer available except in edited clips. (TC makes some great stuff but I HATE that they only sell those stupid clips these days. Worse, it seems more and more of the better tk vid makers are following suit, doing only short downloads instead of full vids for sale. Greed really sucks, doesn't it?)

Anyway, was interested in buying your copy, but I'm dismayed that it's cd-r mpeg, which actually looks worse to me than plain-old vhs --can't stand that pixelation. I assume this is your only copy. Any chance you know where I can purchase a vhs or mpeg-2/dvd copy?

Whats up ktklr. First off a PM is a personal message. If you were to click on my name NG02 some choices would come up and one would be send me a personal message. Or if you wanted to do it the hard way you could either search the members list and find me in the "N" section, or if we are on at the same time scroll to the bottom where it lists all the ppl on and get to me that way. Next im sorry that you dont much like CD-R versions, ive never had a VHS of a tickling vids so I wouldnt even know what the comparison looks like. I just know when it came to the ordering part I would have just rather had somthing that took up less space so that if I ever got to many of them as opposed to a stack of VHS's 5 feet high it would only be a foot high. Well if you do end up wanting my copy just send me a PM and we will work it out. Thanks.

ktklr said:
Worse, it seems more and more of the better tk vid makers are following suit, doing only short downloads instead of full vids for sale. Greed really sucks, doesn't it?

I don't really feel concerned by this comment, since I still sell DVDs even though I started selling clips not long ago. But I feel the need to reply in defense of the producers who have totally converted to clips.

I personally don't like the clip format very much. I agree that the screen size is a lot smaller than a DVD picture, you can't view it on a TV and the quality simply can't compare. Even VHS is better than clips (actually, in some case it can actually be better than DVD). I can't complain about the extra money I make now that I sell clips, but at the same time I'm not perfectly comfortable with people viewing in a format of lesser quality. At the very least, I wish I could seriously boost the bitrate of my clips to make them look better without sacrificing their playability on older computers.

However, I think your view of the situation is somewhat unfair. Sure, the producers are happy to make more money with clips. But it's not necessarily because they're greedy. The simple reality is that clips are more popular products. Let's face it, people tend to be a bit impatient, and they like to get their purchases really fast. Many people don't like waiting a week or so to get physical videos. They prefer to buy clips and get them right away. It also allows them to choose their favorite scenes. Nowadays, clips sell better than DVDs. But this isn't the producers' fault. It's just that there's more demand for clips than for DVDs. Since producers basically run businesses (they're not charities, after all), it's only natural that they concentrate of the format that sells the best. I have to say, if I continued to sell DVDs only, The Last Laugh would soon waste away, incapable of surviving among all the other producers that do relatively much better business with clip sales.

Now, you could argue that clip producers could offer DVD versions in addition to their clips. That's what I do myself. But to be fair to those producers, selling clips is not only more profitable, it's also more convenient. I mean, you can shoot any amount of material with a model or team of models without worrying about making a DVD of decent length. You can present the clips any way you want, splitting the footage as you see fit. You don't have to go through the process of editing the footage for a DVD, converting it to MPEG2 and making an actual DVD from it (authoring). And when you make a sale, you don't have to process the order, make DVD copies, prepare the package and mail it. Not to mention the money you don't have to spend on media, shipping, etc. There's also no risk of customers wondering why a delivery is taking longer than they'd like, which isn't your fault most of the time anyway. With clips, once you create and upload them, your job is more or less done. You only have to deal with the occasional question or technical problem, which represents a lot less work than selling DVDs.

I admit I'm very tempted to stop offering physical videos altogether myself. But I intend to keep making DVDs, at least for the foreseeable future. I know some people prefer that format, and I'd hate to disappoint them. I also like to have a version of my work that's of the best quality I can produce, even if most people still buy the clip versions.

Still I can't blame other producers for having totally converted to clips. I know it's unfortunate for people who prefer DVDs, and I agree that DVD is the superior format. But you can't call producers greedy just because they offer the most popular format and want to save a lot of time and work by dropping a format that doesn't sell nearly as well nowadays. It's not greed, it's just good business sense.

Besides, producing tickling material isn't the full-time job of many of the producers. Those who make a living from it are the exceptions, and not everyone wants to make tickling video production their career. For many of the producers it's only a sideline. They're busy with other activites, like more standard jobs, so maybe they can't spare the time needed to produce and distribute DVDs.

Personally, I'm a full-time student, and The Last Laugh is only a sideline for me. Yes, I still sell DVDs, which eats up more time than I like to think. But I do understand other producers for not wanting or not being able to do it. And one might notice that I update my catalog a lot less regularly than most other producers. I simply don't have the time to process all of that material any faster than I do now. So it makes sense to me avoid putting in a lot of extra hours just for a handful of extra sales. You can release more material by sticking to clips. It's unfortunate, and I certainly understand your disappointment and frustration, but that's just what the situation is for producers.

To last laugh, you know evereyones gonna have their own opinion. Me personally I like the clips and also being able to have a vid on hard copy(dvd, cd-r, or even vhs if need be). I own online clips aswell as vids, so im in favor for whatever form of distribution that the producer decides to give. Just wanted to let you know that even tho you said it doesnt really bother you. And as you can see im actually selling some of my old vids of yours and also hoping to purchase more. So like I said which ever distribution method is chosen, its cool with me.

NG02 said:
To last laugh, you know evereyones gonna have their own opinion. Me personally I like the clips and also being able to have a vid on hard copy(dvd, cd-r, or even vhs if need be). I own online clips aswell as vids, so im in favor for whatever form of distribution that the producer decides to give. Just wanted to let you know that even tho you said it doesnt really bother you. And as you can see im actually selling some of my old vids of yours and also hoping to purchase more. So like I said which ever distribution method is chosen, its cool with me.

Thanks. I like to offer both formats so as to make as many people as happy as possible. In fact, until recently I also offered my videos on VHS, and even though they're officially off my list of products, people can still buy them through the mail on special request. To me it's not really a matter of money. I mean selling DVDs (as selling clips is certainly partially a matter of money in today's market). Sure, I'd probably make a little more profit that way, but at the cost of a lot of work time which I could use for something else. If it were just about the money I would probably stick to clips only, as it would make for a better money:time ratio. In any case, it's cool that there are people who prefer one format and others who prefer another.

By the way, I'd like to mention that I don't mind that you're selling some of my DVDs. Ok, I can't honestly say that I'm thrilled about it and doing a happy dance, but I do realize that it's perfectly legal and it's your right to do so. As long as one doesn't make any copies, there's nothing wrong with selling original DVDs. Besides, if you do sell your videos there's always the possibility that you'll decide to use some of the money to buy more in the future. I can't complain about that.

Anyway, going back to my previous reply, I was just saying that it wasn't really fair of Ktklr to say clip vendors are greedy for selling clips. I don't know many businesses that don't try their best to increase sales. If more customers are interested in clips, then it makes sense to sell clips. And while it's too bad about all the producers who have dropped tangible videos altogether, I really can't blame them, considering how much easier to make and distribute and how more profitable clips can be. This is all relative, of course, as there are very few producers who make a lot of profits selling tickling material (even clips), considering the time, work and frustration involved. Some people seem to think that tickling producers tend to make a fortune and to have a total blast, constantly surrounded by a veritable harem of highly enthusiastic and permanently super ticklish models. While I'm sure a few producers do have it easier than others and do manage to have some amount of fun producing videos, it's nothing like the above scenario, and my personal experience and my conversations with some other fellow producers show that reality isn't nearly that appealing. So even though I don't think Ktklr really meant any offense, it's still a bit upsetting to have people think that we're like greedy bigshot business moguls who try to make more money by any means despite already having everything we could possibly ask for. Because it's just not true.

Wow, my casual comment really generated quite a reaction! (It's kind of flattering, though I guess I wish it weren't over a hot-button issue...)

You make valid points, Last Laugh. Please understand, I have nothing against someone trying to make a profit. Maybe I was hasty in saying that the clip-only makers are motivated solely by greed. But here's why it feels that way to me:

Many, such as TC & Fusskitzler to name just a couple, offer a single title in multiple clips. (For example, "Mona" part 1, part 2...part 10.) This is true of not just one, but virtually all of their titles. For one 3-to-5-minute snippet, they charge $5.99 or better. (On average around $7.99 for 5-6 mins.)

Now suppose I really like a particular model: exquisite feet, great laugh, whatever. And I want to buy not just one clip, but the entire title featuring that model. Well, to get all the clips for that one title I'm gonna wind up spending anywhere from $45-$80.00 when if they offered it on dvd I would typically pay $30-$50.00, give or take the shipping cost. Naturally the former is more beneficial to the video company, but they're looking to charge me on average around 50% more for a product which you yourself admit tends to be of lesser quality. That's where I have a big problem; it feels like they're trying to take me to the cleaners. Intense fetish notwithstanding, I can't abide shelling out that much extra money.

What I'm suggesting is that, as you point out and actually practice, those video companies could offer, in addition to the clips, FULL DVD (or even VHS!) versions for consumers who want to view ALL parts of a particular title. That way those of us who don't have a near-endless credit card budget, and who can stand to wait the week or two for shipping, can catch a break. [And to your company and others like it who do it that way I say, "THANK YOU!!!"]

Given that those other companies' main income stream comes from clips anyway, I can't see it being that much less profitable to supplement that with DVD offerings. I would also argue that it should actually increase profits since people like me who refuse to bother with clips will spend the money for the dvd. (In other words, money that these companies aren't getting because they don't offer full dvd versions would find its way into their pockets if they started.) To me, it's a win-win situation: consumers get what they want, producers make their money thru multiple venues.

Another reason I dislike the clips is that they force me to view at my PC. Not terribly convenient, if you get my drift. I haven't graduated to a notebook yet, due mostly to budget constraints--but even that wouldn't beat the convenience of a good old remote control.

Finally, to your point about the demand being higher: you're in the business and would know better than I. But--and I hope I don't spark a controversy by saying this---I have to wonder whether some people are buying because they just can't help themselves. After all, I recognize how hard a time I sometimes have resisting my own fetishistic urges. But when it comes to those download clips, I force myself because my pockets just aren't that deep. The one time I actually caved and bought one (a fairly self-contained 8-min. scene, btw), I soon regretted it. I gotta think that there is a portion of folks out there like me who definitely prefer dvd but, unlike me, habitually buy clips from certain companies ONLY because there's no other format offered. Would they instead buy dvd were it offered? I strongly believe so. (Heck, they MIGHT even buy a sampler clip and THEN buy the full dvd title! Now there's a thought.)

So, though I certainly respect that cost to those video makers is a huge factor and that download demand is probably stronger, I still contend that it wouldn't hurt them to offer full DVD versions as well, even if on a request-only basis and for a slightly higher price (say, $5-$10 more) than the average dvd. It would still cost the consumer less than the 8 or 9 clips per title, and would most likely bring extra income to the video company. Barring that, they certainly could offer discounted prices for orders of over four or five downloads to save consumers money on complete titles. Not quite as good as dvd, but at least it would result in more value for consumers.

Last edited:
ktklr said:
Many, such as TC & Fusskitzler to name just a couple, offer a single title in multiple clips. (For example, "Mona" part 1, part 2...part 10.) This is true of not just one, but virtually all of their titles. For one 3-to-5-minute snippet, they charge $5.99 or better.

You could say the same thing about my own clips. Each of my full-length videos is split into several shorter clips (or will be when I finally convert all of them). If I didn’t do that, I’d have HUGE clips that only a few people would want to buy. Offering several short clips make from a single shoot is perfectly normal. Besides, what do you want producers to do: hire models for 5-minute sessions just so that a clip represents the material shot during a full session?

Now, I know that your problem isn’t so much with the cutting session into clips as it’s about the price. I admit that I find prices of more than $1 per minute to be a bit high, at least for clips of a certain length (I mean, I wouldn’t sell a 2-minute clip for $1 or even $2, and it’s not even technically possible anyway). But isn’t it a normal business practice to charge more for a low number of items (or minutes), compared to a big batch of items (or a full-length clip or a DVD)? Yes, many of the producers don’t offer DVDs or full-length clips, but that’s not a reason for lowering their individual clip prices.

One point to consider is that not all customers buy big batches of clips or buy clips on a regular basis. Some only buy a few, possibly just one or two. If the prices of one’s short clips aren’t high enough, you really don’t make much from such sales.

By the way, you do realize that many producers don’t make that much profit on clips sales, right? I mean, if a clip is $5.99 for 5 minutes, the producer doesn’t get $5.99. For instance, if he deals through Clips4Sale.com (as I do), he only gets to keep 60%. So in practice he only earns $3.59. If one decided to lower the price, say to $3.99, the actual profits would be $2.39. Ouch! It’s not the customers’ fault, of course, but it’s still an issue the producers have to take into account when selecting prices. My prices are somewhat lower than many others, but sometimes I wish I could convince myself to increase them. It’s kind of depressing to know I’ve only made about $4 from the sale of an 8-min clip.

On average around $7.99 for 5-6 mins.

I was under the impression that the standard price was $1/min + $0.99, like $5.99 for 5 minutes

Now suppose I really like a particular model: exquisite feet, great laugh, whatever. And I want to buy not just one clip, but the entire title featuring that model.

Then you either have to accept the high cost of buying all of them or choose the clips you like best. I’m very sorry, I know it sucks, but that’s just how it is. Now, I really don’t want to sound like a greedy producer who doesn’t care about customers, here, but the thing is, producers aren’t under any obligation to offer products they don’t want to sell.

Well, to get all the clips for that one title I'm gonna wind up spending anywhere from $45-$80.00 when if they offered it on dvd I would typically pay $30-$50.00, give or take the shipping cost. Naturally the former is more beneficial to the video company

Somewhat, but not as much as you might think. Like I said, in many cases selling clips means losing 40% of the profits. DVD sales don’t involve such big losses, especially when a customer orders by mail.

Given that those other companies' main income stream comes from clips anyway, I can't see it being that much less profitable to supplement that with DVD offerings.

It’s not just a matter of profits. It’s a matter of work and convenience. By not offering DVDs, the producers might lose a few sales, but they also avoid a lot of hard work. They don’t have to produce DVD versions of their material and they don’t have to make copies and ship them to customers. Once the clips are uploaded there’s almost nothing left to do besides waiting for sales to happen automatically. That’s incredibly convenient, and unless one’s sales are very low, it’s worth the few sales lost due to a lack of DVDs. I offer DVDs for personal reasons, but if it were just about business I’d be happy to drop that format and stick to clips. I won’t go into the details of the process of making a DVD version and all the support material that goes with it, but if I only made clips my work load would certainly be cut in half. Not only would it be less work, but I’d actually be able to release new material more often. I really can’t blame the clips-only producers.

I have to wonder whether some people are buying because they just can't help themselves.

It’s possible that some people find the clips hard to resist and feel compelled to buy them. But that’s hardly the producers’ fault. No one is forcing anyone to buy anything. I also doubt such compulsive shoppers represent a very high percentage of cusomers. Most people are more reasonable than that.

Would they instead buy dvd if it were offered as well? I strongly believe so.

I’d like to believe that, but even though a few might buy the DVD, the reality of today’s market isn’t like that. People want to get their purchases as quickly as possible. They also like choosing the scenes they prefer. If people were as interested in DVDs as you say, my DVD sales wouldn’t have dropped so much after I started selling clips.

Barring that, they could offer discounted prices for orders of over four or five downloads, to save consumers money on complete titles.

I’ve no idea how that could be implemented. I don’t think that’s actually possible, in most cases.

I’m sorry again for disagreeing with you on several of these issues, but while I personally still sell DVDs I totally understand why so many producers have switched to clips exclusively. Like I said earlier, if it were just a matter of business, I’d do the exact same thing, since the advantages of not having to deal with a physical product outweigh the few lost sales. But, putting aside the extra work, I do prefer the DVD format myself, and I don’t want to disappoint those among my customers who feel the same way. That’s why I keep selling DVDs. It’s not about the extra money, because it’s not really worth it.

The Last Laugh said:
I was under the impression that the standard price was $1/min + $0.99, like $5.99 for 5 minutes

You're right, I stand corrected. (I thought I came across a site recently where the price was higher, but I may have been mistaken. I thought it was Fusskitzler, but I double-checked and you are correct--not that it changes my price complaint.) But as you point out, vendors can raise or lower the prices as they see fit.

The Last Laugh said:
It’s not just a matter of profits. It’s a matter of work and convenience. By not offering DVDs, the producers might lose a few sales, but they also avoid a lot of hard work. They don’t have to produce DVD versions of their material and they don’t have to make copies and ship them to customers

Then what about offering VHS? Look, we know the format is dead, but some vendors still offer them, a few manufactures still make the machines, lots of consumers still use them, myself included, and is it not just a matter of an analog a/v feed? That eliminates your authoring problem. Just string the things together in sequence and call it a day. If you charge me a little extra for the trouble, it's still worth it to me, 'cause I've saved money in the long run. (And then, I can burn it to a dvd-r myself to preserve it forever.)

The Last Laugh said:
you either have to accept the high cost of buying all of them or choose the clips you like best

Or... I can defer to vendors like you, FM concepts & others who still offer a product I feel comfortable buying. And, should the day come when every vendor sells exclusively clips, then at that point I'll just have to remain content with what I've already purchased. Besides, based on the evidence you've shown, it's not like anyone will miss my business anyway. I'm sorry if that sounds like a bad attitude, but I can't help but feel that there is more to it than pure break-even of costs or even convenience. I mean there must be some viable reason for continuing to produce tickling vids, otherwise why do it? Again, using yourself as an example, although it isn't as profitable for you to offer the full versions, you do it essentially because you care about things like product quality and customer satisfaction. For you, it is about more than just business. That's the difference, plain and simple.

The Last Laugh said:
even though a few might buy the DVD, the reality of today’s market isn’t like that. People want to get their purchases as quickly as possible. They also like choosing the scenes they prefer. If people were as interested in DVDs as you say, my DVD sales wouldn’t have dropped so much after I started selling clips.

Again, you would know more about this than I. But I wonder if perhaps another reason for the dvd sales drop also has to do with that people just have less discretionary income these days due to things like skyrocketing gas-prices (a more recent development, sure, but you get my point), thus making it more appealing to get a quick-fix rather than wait until they can scrape together the money for a full video--if that ever happens. ($8.99 for an immediate download could be more appealing than $30.00 or more for something in the future, especially if one feels he might never have the $30.00 as he did 3 or 4 years ago.) People buy for different reasons, and I don't mean to imply that all fetishists are weak, impulsive and easy prey for unscrupulous vendors eager to exploit them. I'm not saying that. I am suggesting that the increasing popularity of clips may not be necessarily because consumers prefer them, but because of other factors, possibly economic. (Ironically, this point actually strengthens your argument for vendors offering only clips, since economic conditions worldwide don't appear that they'll improve anytime soon. But anyway...) Personally, there are a TON of dvd's I would love to order at this time, but I simply do not have the cash right now. And I sincerely hope that when my situation does turn around, as it eventually will, the titles I want will still be available on dvd.

Look, I don't want to belabor the point here (this is absolutely my last post on this matter, since I realize it is WAY off topic---sorry NG02!). There are strong arguments on both sides and that's perfectly fine. I respect your opinion, hopefully you respect mine, and we can just agree to disagree.

Then what about offering VHS? Look, we know the format is dead, but some vendors still offer them, a few manufactures still make the machines, lots of consumers still use them, myself included, and is it not just a matter of an analog a/v feed?

I do offer videotapes. In fact, that was my only format for the first 6 months, before I added CD-ROMs (don’t have them anymore), and then it was over a year before I added DVDs. However, I don’t actively advertise the VHS format anymore. It makes some parts of my website a bit lighter now, and frankly, videotapes cost me more to produce and especially to ship than DVDs. Customers can request that format if they want, though they have to order by mail.

That eliminates your authoring problem. Just string the things together in sequence and call it a day.

I won’t go into the technical details, but it’s not quite as simple as that, at least not in my case. Among other things, I need to produce a master MiniDV tape. Or rather two, as a backup. Have to make sure there weren’t any problems during the transfer, which is a pain. With clips, you can simply backup the produced AVI clips to disc. As for DVD, the authoring process is actually a lot less of a hassle than the MiniDV creation process. Thing is, however, is that I don’t have a choice but to make MiniDV backups anyway. At least that means that if I offer DVDs, I don’t have much more to do to offer videotapes, since I use the master MiniDVD tapes to make VHS copies.

Then again, I could understand if a producer didn’t want to go to the trouble of processing any orders by hand. You still have to prepare a package and ship it when it’s a VHS order, you know. And like you said, VHS is pretty much dead, or nearly so.

Another thing I’d like to mention it that the special VCR I use to make VHS copies cost me $1800. I figured it was worth it back when it was my only format, but how many people would make such an investment nowadays, what with clips (and even DVDs) being so much cheaper to produce?

If you charge me a little extra for the trouble, it's still worth it to me, 'cause I've saved money in the long run. (And then, I can burn it to a dvd-r myself to preserve it forever.)

But keeping the infrastructure required to produce and ship videotapes may not be worth it for the producer, especially when so few people want videotapes nowadays.

Besides, based on the evidence you've shown, it's not like anyone will miss my business anyway. I'm sorry if that sounds like a bad attitude, but I can't help but feel that there is more to it than pure break-even of costs or even convenience.

What is it about, then? Do you think there’s some sort of government conspiracy against customers who prefer DVDs?

One thing you don’t seem to realize is that most producers aren’t professionals doing this as a full-time job. In most cases wer’re just ordinary people doing this as a sideline from home during our spare time. Personally, I’m a full-time student, with 6 months of internships starting in about a month. Believe me, I’m rather busy right now. I still force myself to produce DVDs, but frankly, I totally understand other producers for making it easier for themselves and selling clips exclusively. It might not seem like it to you, but in my case dropping DVDs would most definitely be a matter of costs and convenience.

Besides which (and I'm sorry if that sounds like a bad attitude), let’s face it, producers are not there to serve the community. As long as they’re respectful of the customers and the community as a whole, and hopefully love and understand the tickling fetish, they don’t have to go the extra mile to make sure absolutely everyone is perfectly happy by offering more than one format if they don’t want to or if they realize it’s not realistic for them to do so. Besides, it simply isn’t possible to please everyone.

I mean there must be some viable reason for continuing to produce tickling vids, otherwise why do it?

You mean physical videos or ticklig material in general? If you mean the former, I’ve already explained my reasons in this thread. If you mean in general, I’ll tell you what my main reason is. As sad as this may seem, due to the many problems involved in running such a business, it soon became more of a chore than something fun for me. But by the time I realized it I had already invested so much in the project that I couldn’t just give it all up. I had to justify all my hard work and make my money back, which took me 3 long years. Now, I do enjoy tickling, and I do like it when people enjoy my work. I care about my customers, which is why I answer every email I get, why I try my best to offer a good service, why I still offer DVDs, etc. But that doesn’t mean that money isn’t an issue. After all, we’re talking about a business, here. One that’s supposed to be fun, but a business nonetheless.

Again, using yourself as an example, although it isn't as profitable for you to offer the full versions, you do it essentially because you care about things like product quality and customer satisfaction. For you, it is about more than just business. That's the difference, plain and simple.

That’s true, and I really appreciate that you realize it. It means a lot to me. But I don’t think it necessarily means that producers who don’t offer DVDs don’t care about their customers.

Again, you would know more about this than I. But I wonder if perhaps another reason for the dvd sales drop also has to do with that people just have less discretionary income these days due to things like skyrocketing gas-prices

It’s possible that has something to do with it. But it doesn’t explain all of it. I’m sure that some of my customers who used to buy DVDs bought them because they didn’t have a choice. It was all I had for sale. Now that I have clips, they swtiched to the format they prefer. Thus I sell fewer DVDs. Much fewer, actually. Not that I sold that many per month before, but the change since I started selling clips is still very significant

I am suggesting that the increasing popularity of clips may not be necessarily because consumers prefer them, but because of other factors, possibly economic.

I don’t think so, or at least I don’t think that’s the main factor. I think that when producers started to offer clips, many customers saw in clips a new format that suited their needs better. They could get them nearly instantly instead of waiting for a week, they could choose the scenes they prefer without having to spend as much as buying a full video, and there was no protential embarrassment that sometimes come with getting a package in the mail at home. Not that I share this very common preference. But it’s how things are in general. In time, more producers realized how much simpler and potentially more lucrative (relatively speaking) selling clips can be. More customers buy clips. Can the producers be blamed for jumping on that wagon? So customers started buying more clips because they became more available, vendors started selling more clips because customers bought more of them, and so on. It’s like commercial radio playing the same commercial music all the time because that’s what listeners request, and the listeners request it because that’s what they’re used to hearing, and they hear it because that’s what plays on the radio, and it’s on the radio because listeners like it and request it because that’s what most people listen to because that’s what plays on the radio…. It’s really hard to break such a vicious circle. But the fact remains that besides the lesser quality of clips and the higher price per minute, many people find them more convenient than DVDs and, if they don’t buy too many clips per series, less expensive.

Personally, there are a TON of dvd's I would love to order at this time, but I simply do not have the cash right now.

Ah, see, that’s another issue. Not everyone has enough money to buy a full DVD. But buying a clip or two may be easier to justify for some people, even if clips are more expensive per minute than a DVD. I’m not talking about buying the whole series, here. Just a few clips from time to time.

Look, I don't want to belabor the point here (this is absolutely my last post on this matter, since I realize it is WAY off topic---sorry NG02!). There are strong arguments on both sides and that's perfectly fine. I respect your opinion, hopefully you respect mine, and we can just agree to disagree.

Sounds reasonable to me. And yes, let’s give this issue a rest, if only because posting these messages takes a lot of time.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

5/10/2024
Our Welcome forum has a place for you to introduce yourself. Say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back