• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

[VX Ace] The Laughing Isles

AnimeWatcher1

TMF Master
INTRODUCING! THE GRAND OPENING OF...
The Laughing Isles
LIVE VERSION!

Enjoy the first part of an "epic" quest, and watch a story unfold before your eyes. Sounds so generic and cheesy, you KNOW it's gotta be good!

For those who missed out on the Demo, I have separated both. What's different about them you ask? The Demo has a lot of unbalanced things about it as well as some bugs that the Live version should have squashed (I'm more than likely lying through my teeth here). Live has several events and items that were not included in the Demo and cannot be viewed on Demo created characters. Live also allows you to continue past where the Demo ended, and all future updates will allow you to progress further. The Demo also has an exclusive event that will, for obvious reasons, not be viewable in Live.

Demo characters are not compatible with the Live version. Creating a new character is REQUIRED.

Controls:

Z is Accept/OK
X is No/Cancel
Q when pressed allows you to skip text (though delayed events and actions aren't skippable)

Arrows Keys (◄ ► ▲ ▼ ) allow movement.
Shift pressed with an arrow key will allow your character to run.

Words of Wisdom:
RPG's tend to give the player plenty of Save Game slots. I would recommend making use of these, in case you encounter a bad bug, screw something up, or want to rewatch a scene. There could also be saves dedicated to alternate paths.

The current level cap is 10. You will not be able to get further than that.

Current Version:
Live v1.95

Changelog:

v1.95d
-Another attempt at fixing the cart for the last few who can't get it (this bug is tricky)

v1.95c
-Disappearing Figments should be a thing of the past.
-Certain character face sets have been correctly setup during their dialogue
-Sparing ghosts should look a little less weird when the Figment walks away (maybe).

v1.95b

I thought I'd update the download links. They are as follows-
1. Game with RTP included (large size)
2. Game without RTP included (small size, requires RTP installation)
3. Link to download RTP (for installation of any and all future RPG Maker games)

Patch notes:
-Ever so slightly increased Cleric's heal
-Tula had a talking to and her super strong Tackle should be more manageable now.
-Fixed an issue with the screen being black depending on previous choices when moving to the next scene.
-Fixed the speed tutorial breaking if the player investigated the area first.
-Worryn should no longer have future sight when looking investigating bedrooms.
-Losing to the secret encounter no longer has the skip choices mixed.
-Mining carts should behave properly now and not get stuck.
-Slime puddles should appear only when necessary now.
-Music should be restored if the Plump Slime is encountered (and beaten) again.
-Pad perches have had their triple attack dropped. The scariest things aren't in the water now!
-Corrected some dialogue with certain NPC's.
-Beating certain quest/boss mobs should restore the default battle music once done.

v1.95
-Broken secret passages, wall climbing, and environmental shortcuts have been fixed
-The Escape Tunnels have had their monsters humbled. They'll hold back their full power from now on. They apologize.
-New scenes! Go find them!
-New Encounters (how you go about activating them will change the battle!)
-New story additions to help with the flow and setup future scenes
-New miniboss battle music
-Improved Tula's music quality; worthy of a real boss!
-Bosses will now have their own unique music score (this shall let you know what you're facing)
-New items to reward all your hard tickling...I mean progress...
-New equipment to wear and make yourself feel pretty (ticklish)
-Some classes have had slight balance passes on them
-Tula and Necromancess have been to "Better Boss School". Beware, they'll be slightly tougher...slightly...probably.
-New title and opening music (in case you didn't know)
-It is HIGHLY ADVISED to start a new game.

v1.9
-Fixed the Movement tutorial quest (Howwww did this break!? Again!?)
-Fixed the no sound in LockstockdTickles
-Added some minor graphical enhancements

v1.8
-Death isn't the end when entering the escape tunnels. Now, if Nadya ate the dirt in earlier battles, you should be healed enough to not get a Game Over.

v1.7
-Reconfigured the basic attack formula. This should give back some classes a chance at early gameplay. Sorry about that. This should mark the end of Part 1 fixes!

v1.6
-LAST fix I hope. Ancestral Fly quest can now be completed with each choice the player made. No longer will full jars go unrewarded.

v1.5
-Plump Slime (mark 2) has had her stats and abilities nerfed a little to try and make it easier to beat at an earlier level. Her experience reward has dropped accordingly.
-Whisper Caves should now no longer have ANY climbable areas. Ya damn monkeys.
-Deciding to go "all the way" with Ancestral Flies now gives the proper quest completing rewards. Those that don't want to redo their fight can "talk" to the fly again and get the stuff to complete the quest.
-Ancestral Fly will now be PROPERLY tortured in her PROPER position along with the player. No more of this weird walking around stuff (too soon for the Figment to go crazy)
-Minor fix to Lockstockdtickles guards and your initial entrance (depending on what you've done).
-Rollo now remembers she is under the command of the GENERAL and not Captain.
-Secret item now properly displays what you get.
-Rare events now stop giving you this strange material called...gold...and will give you Shards which are much more valuable.
-Attempt at fix for minor glitch when avoiding naughty elves.
-Once again, walking on walls is a big nono so the spider lair has been fixed.
-Battle text has been slowed slightly (from 17 to 18). See how you think.
-The Ancestral Fly fight should be a little easier; Tickleflies have had their stats reduced slightly.

v1.4

-Fixed several areas that you could scale walls. No longer are you spiderman or the mole man.
-Mountains are now of proper height and uncrossable, because who wants to play as a giantess?
-Added 1 more Hi-Potion before the escape tunnel's boss. Find it nearby.
-Clerics were soooo borked. Now, all new Clerics will start with their Heal at level 1 like they were meant to.
-Zombies will no longer jump around when dead/dying.
-Paladins were given some...well...rather minor stat changes. MP and Magic Attack mostly. Will probably be seen past level 10.
-The second zombie scene now gives you the option of what to do. This is because that second scene guarantees punishment (and affects future events)
-Censor bars and bad tiles are "corrected", because my attempt at being clever was lame!

v1.3

-No more time stop when dealing with Arachne. All parts of her SHOULD be fixed now.
-Removed the ability to see mysterious boulders and fugitives on the run(apparantly)!

v1.2

-Fixed Arachne event from freezing (and by fix I mean added more tunnel wall)
-Fixed Arachne Upperbody Game Over scene
-Made some typos un-typo'd.
-Fixed chest in letter girl's house to display proper sprite
-Nadya can no longer walk on water. Turning water into wine still might be possible though.
-A certain Pad Perch should give you a Game Over instead of glare at you...MENACINGLY!
-Walking on tables and bottles in potion shops is offensive to the shopkeeper and has been removed.
-People you save will no longer be into S&M and let you walk all over them (hopefully)
-One of two left passageways in the tunnels has now been given its proper transport events. Hooray! More exploring!
-Tickle sound effects will no longer play when the screen goes dark.
-You can no longer sneak into places on the world map you shouldn't, despite warnings.

v1.1

-Fixed issue in escape tunnels with game freezing.
-Made a certain undead a bit harder since she wasn't fully working! ENJOY SUCKAZ!
-Potentially fixed a bit of Tula battle dialogue...because SHE IS THE MOST POWERFUL!
-Fixed the training quests! Now you shouldn't be able to complete what hasn't been given to you!
-Slimes should now appear and disappear when they are supposed to.
-Ancestral Flies no longer lock you on cliffs with their criminal guilt trips.
-Fixed some "Would you like to Skip" options and added it to several battles
-Battle message speed has been given tranquilizers and should be a bit...slower.
-Fixed two broken pillars, so no more pole dance practicing MMMK?
-Cries for help now have an actual source (no, you weren't just hearing things).
-Butterfly women no longer try and hog the camera.

Downloads:

RPG Maker VX Ace RTP (Required to play the game, please download and install)
http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/run-time-package

The Laughing Isles Live v1.95d
http://www.indiexpo.net/en/games/the-laughing-isles

The Laughing Isles Demo
-Currently N/A-

Please post all feedback, bugs, and other issues about the game in this thread. Be on the lookout for updated versions!

Last edited:
Following up with my promise, and first post to boot :D Always a good day when a new Game comes onto the scene, I'll keep my fingers crossed for soon being sooner than soon...if that makes sense :S

D'aaawwww Reogen you remembered! I feel like I could hug you :D

"Soon" will be..."Soon" haha. Once I get the art assets done, the eventing - while long and tedious - should happen a lot faster. Then again, I keep jumping around so much that I've already completed a good bit of certain maps because of it.

But to letcha know, Screamer's LO II will DEFINITELY come out way before mine does. Unless, of course, he has some horrific accident happen to him that leaves him completely paralyzed or something -knock on wood-.

This is great news! This is your first game, right? Good luck!

Yes, this is my first game that I'm actually going to finish. I had started an XP game last year, but sortof stopped due to school. Since I now only have work to worry about, I can get home and spend time on making the game. While I've been working on it for a couple months in secret, and I'm still scowering the web looking for new information, but I've still got quite a bit to learn.

Just sayin. SPIN THE WHEEL PEWDIE!! And stop wasting your lantern!

-GASP- A fellow Bro!! Bro fist! Lol :lol Sexy Piggy slide time.

Hard to forget when it was the first time talking to you in a month :p I'll be glad when it is done none the less. I'll have a new game to play AND my LoL partner back! :D
And while I'm at it, are we free to ask a question to Ms. Bezzy now or will that be at a later date?

Hard to forget when it was the first time talking to you in a month :p I'll be glad when it is done none the less. I'll have a new game to play AND my LoL partner back! :D
And while I'm at it, are we free to ask a question to Ms. Bezzy now or will that be at a later date?

Lol you still have your LoL partner :stickout I might get on tonight in an hour, actually. But you are right, this project does steal me away, sadly.

Eh? Of COURSE you can ask a question to Bezzy. Anytime you want, ask away. Ask however many you want on anything you want - game related, personal questions to her, what the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow is, anything. Just know I'm not doing going to do any comics today.

Then I better get asking, since this weekends pretty much over. I just hope I can think up a good question :p

Dear Bezzy, since you're going to be in a tickling game, what is your stance on tickling as a whole?

Ah, no no no you misunderstand me.

You can ask a question to Bezzy at anytime, not just on the weekends. It's only on the weekends that I'll post the comics with her answers.

But seeing how you're the first person to ask Bezzy a question, I will make sure she answers it! :)

So nwo the polls make even more sense then before.:stickout

I have question galore!

Who is the main character?
Have a main villain in mind for each side?
How long will you think the game will be?
Going to add some easter eggs from other games?(as if I need to ask)
death in this game? do tell as much as you want to.
Are you planning any scenes of desperation in this game?

I have only begun my questioning!

You had me at 10 minutes of gameplay.

Morality and party interaction? This pleases the Mass Effect fan in me.

Nightmare fuel a la Higurashi? Don't know if I should be wary or intrigued. ^^

^^^This. Seriously, so tired of these long-ass games. :stickout

No really, this sounds friggin' awesome and I'm really looking forward to it whenever it becomes available. Best of luck in a speedy and quality endeavor..

Next week can't come soon enough :stickout

Hmhm, glad you're so enthused about this. :)

So nwo the polls make even more sense then before.:stickout

I have question galore!

Who is the main character?
Have a main villain in mind for each side?
How long will you think the game will be?
Going to add some easter eggs from other games?(as if I need to ask)
death in this game? do tell as much as you want to.
Are you planning any scenes of desperation in this game?

I have only begun my questioning!

Haha, I still have plenty more polls to do, but they weren't just for me (though I can't deny I didn't have hidden motives in them lol). Those polls are for all tickle game developers.

The main character is the newest Figment in the galaxy, called Nadya (Russian for Hope. The player can choose their own name for her if they want; Nadya is just the default).

Oh of course I do, though it should already be easy to figure out who the main baddies will be (depending on your side) since there's only one "true" way to topple a kingdom :stickout

Oh goodness...Now that is a good question. Fry said it best: "It took me an hour to write. I thought it'd take an hour to read" lol. Honestly, I don't know. I am going for some bit of length, though I want the player to do exploring and backtracking for sidequests/locations as well as private events to build relationships with the lovely ladies that join them (watching you just tickle random enemies isn't going to impress them - sorry lol)

Easter eggs? No, I don't think so. You see, the Easter Bunny doesn't exist on Illusia. Likewise, there never was an Easter. So no Easter Eggs. :whistling:

Yes, nobody is immortal in this galaxy. Even Darkness and Light could die. There is a lot of hidden backstory that'll slowly be uncovered - probably not all in this game. But you will know that things can die in this game, particularly in one place that's just all kinds of messed up right now where people "disappear". Every being is made up of Dream Essence. It's this essence that gets drained/lost as someone gets tickled (just like why you're weak after getting a good tickling in real life :p). Certain mutated races (aka Monster Girls if you haven't figured it out lol) in particular feed on the Essence, and some don't bother to stop until the victim has perished.

Scenes of desperation? Why YES...Yes I do. I've already got a few lined up to be made. Gonna have to be a couple rescues!

Woah!Awesome!

No Screamer - YOU are awesome. If it weren't for you and the other game makers continuing to inspire me, I would probably have just left RPG Maker alone after my first time with XP.

Morality and party interaction? This pleases the Mass Effect fan in me.

Nightmare fuel a la Higurashi? Don't know if I should be wary or intrigued. ^^

Dohoho! See? I'm already messing with you and you're not even in the game :lol

Yes. I love having choices and relationships in games. It's incredibly time consuming and aggravating to code it all in, but I thoroughly enjoy a game a lot more when I can truly shape my character's destiny. Fable, Mass Effect, Star Ocean/Star Ocean:Second Story(Or their remakes. TtEoT was meh, and don't you even praise The Last Hope near me...)and Ar Tonelico are some series in particular I'm drawing from. It allows more back story on characters and let's you really get close and bond with them; they become more than just a bunch of moving pixels.

Nightmare Fuel in Higurashi? USODA! :pissed
Ah Higurashi - you throw cute little lolis everywhere, and then have them go on yanderous murder sprees. Yes, be prepared for Nightmare Fuel and creepy atmosphere/scares in a few spots. Hope you love your boner, because it won't love you when you get there :lol Unless...you're into that sort of thing. Then there's honestly nothing I can do to mess with you.

^^^This. Seriously, so tired of these long-ass games. :stickout

No really, this sounds friggin' awesome and I'm really looking forward to it whenever it becomes available. Best of luck in a speedy and quality endeavor..

For both you and stork, I decided to reveal the game early. Check out the screenshot below. You won't believe how little time you had fun!

Speedy? Well it can't really say that will happen as there is a lot to do. Now quality on the other hand - I'm a perfectionist...you're going to get quality. Trust me on that.

Last edited:
That's what I'm talkin' about!! Quick and to the point, having me home in time for dinner. :D

I love having choices and relationships in games. It's incredibly time consuming and aggravating to code it all in, but I thoroughly enjoy a game a lot more when I can truly shape my character's destiny.
I'm a fan of you already. :D
Games that remember characterization have a special place in my heart. It's why I take like 5 minutes deciding on big choices in series like Dragon Age and Kotor. lol

be prepared for Nightmare Fuel and creepy atmosphere/scares in a few spots. Hope you love your boner, because it won't love you when you get there :lol Unless...you're into that sort of thing. Then there's honestly nothing I can do to mess with you.
I love dark psychological atmospheres, maybe not in that way, but I am a bit of a Silent Hill fanboy, so it might take some doing to get to me. ^^

Check out the screenshot below. You won't believe how little time you had fun!
At last, an RPG where I might get 100% completion!

No Screamer - YOU are awesome. If it weren't for you and the other game makers continuing to inspire me, I would probably have just left RPG Maker alone after my first time with XP.

My pleasure!
Just remember the most important thing....enjoy yourself while making the game!

It's a quite ambitious project!

I'm a fan of you already. :D
Games that remember characterization have a special place in my heart. It's why I take like 5 minutes deciding on big choices in series like Dragon Age and Kotor. lol

I love dark psychological atmospheres, maybe not in that way, but I am a bit of a Silent Hill fanboy, so it might take some doing to get to me. ^^

By which you mean you've ALWAYS been a fan of mine, right?
h9H9w.gif

Never played the second Dragon Age. Don't...really have any plans to. Love the first in every damn way. Better characters, better fighting, more environments, twas just too good of a game. But yea, I love a choice that makes me just ponder really hard and freak out over what would happen. Hell, sometimes I go online to see what exactly WOULD happen because I'm at such an impasse.

Crap. You're a SH fanboy? This is gonna be hard. You're not a Fatal Frame fanboy too, are you? If you are, I'm just screwed lol. All I could possibly do is go extreme and find grotesque images that'd make your stomach uneasy (and everyone else probably shut off the game :scared)

At last, an RPG where I might get 100% completion!

That's what I'm talkin' about!! Quick and to the point, having me home in time for dinner. :D

It'll be a great game to take a 5 second break with! Think of all the time you'll save! Why, you could chew gum AND play this game at the SAME TIME; without missing a smack even! My god, this might be too good of a game for the masses.

My pleasure!
Just remember the most important thing....enjoy yourself while making the game!

It's a quite ambitious project!

Believe me, anything that actually steals me from playing video games HAS to be something I'm enjoying (or else I'm being forced to do it at gun-point).

It was even more ambitious when I started. I had originally planned for evolved classes and for the player's appearance to change based on each class. Now think of all the face shapes I'd have to do. Now think of all the Event pages I'd have to make. Just one event had me making 6-pages just for each appearance of the basic classes before I threw my hands up and went "Ok! Too much! Let's pull it back before I actually DO go insane" and decided it'd be better to do just pure classes and one outfit (after all, who ever heard of a hero changing clothes in an RPG? :stickout)

By which you mean you've ALWAYS been a fan of mine, right?
Yessir. :D

Never played the second Dragon Age. Don't...really have any plans to. Love the first in every damn way. Better characters, better fighting, more environments, twas just too good of a game. But yea, I love a choice that makes me just ponder really hard and freak out over what would happen. Hell, sometimes I go online to see what exactly WOULD happen because I'm at such an impasse.
I've only played a bit of the second, but the first one's a fantasy epic.
I've looked up alternate choices before too, just cause I'm a pansy when it comes to trying to play a fully evil character. ^^

You're a SH fanboy? This is gonna be hard. You're not a Fatal Frame fanboy too, are you? If you are, I'm just screwed lol. All I could possibly do is go extreme and find grotesque images that'd make your stomach uneasy
Funny you mention FF. Was trying the first one recently and screamed without shame about an hour into it. :lol
Don't worry about taking too grotesque of an approach though, it's writing and psychological atmosphere that makes it work. It's why I thought Silent Hill had more impact than Dead Space, which is probably more than twice as gorey.

It'll be a great game to take a 5 second break with! Think of all the time you'll save! Why, you could chew gum AND play this game at the SAME TIME; without missing a smack even!
It'll be second only to Burn The Rope.

OH....EM....SQWEEEE! *Ahem* gee >.> I'm blown away just by the description in the first post :lol It sounds so awesome, and I have no doubt it will be.....because AW is awesome XD Shameless flattery aside I hope its as fun for you to make as it will be to play! Also props for the Godlike in that screenie lol

There we go, the best answer ya could've given :D lol

I've only played a bit of the second, but the first one's a fantasy epic.
I've looked up alternate choices before too, just cause I'm a pansy when it comes to trying to play a fully evil character. ^^

Origins still makes me smile, from the humor of the characters to the humor of the "expansions" (Slap Morrigan was the best) to the trailers- "Warden! Ya gotta hear this one. This human walks into a tavern... Eheh...Haha-HAHAHA *snort* Aha! *passes out drunk*" Ah Oghren, your sexual jokes and brash personality never failed to cheer me up. I may one day put a character in one of these games (if I do well that is lol) who is a lot like him.

Ah, now there is where we diverge. I can never play an evil route. I've tried, oh I've tried. But...it's just not in me. Neutral and Good I can do - Neutral tending to have a little more...breathing room... but I can never go full "punching old ladies" evil :lol

Funny you mention FF. Was trying the first one recently and screamed without shame about an hour into it. :lol
Don't worry about taking too grotesque of an approach though, it's writing and psychological atmosphere that makes it work. It's why I thought Silent Hill had more impact than Dead Space, which is probably more than twice as gorey.

Well, now that I thought about it, there's no way I could ever match FF in RPG Maker lol. You can't really do the "Oh everythings ok in this room" -turn around- "O-HAI-THAR!" scares. Still, does my heart good to see you're not some fearless robot. Means there might still be hope for me to mess with you a little lol.
Yahtzee said it best with Dead Space in that it seemed like all the monsters got spotlights and were easy to spot where they'd show up. Now AMNESIA - THAT'S the game that'll scare you shitless. You don't get any gravity defying weaponry or guns to blow stuff up, all you get is that wonderful little lantern (that can run out of oil) and an extra pair of underwear when you inevitably soil yourself. Still, I'd never put something really grotesque in here - I'm trying to get a fanbase (or at least people that enjoy my games), not alienate myself or cause angry mobs lol.

OH....EM....SQWEEEE! *Ahem* gee >.> I'm blown away just by the description in the first post :lol It sounds so awesome, and I have no doubt it will be.....because AW is awesome XD Shameless flattery aside I hope its as fun for you to make as it will be to play! Also props for the Godlike in that screenie lol

Ah, my tiny turtle friend! It's been quite a while since I've seen you! I thought something dreadful had happened, like a bird had caught you while you were boogying down :scared
Awwww lookit all that flattery. Are you trying to get me to add you into the game? Lol hold your applause for when I finish it, I haven't even posted any screenshots of it. Well, I sortof did, but that dialogue isn't in it.
Alas, it'll never be as fun to make a game as it will be to play, just because you guys don't have to worry about fixing any bugs :lol All you have to do is complain and throw a hissy fit at the creator. And thank you kindly; I was going to add something like "HEADSHOT", but then it sounded too cheesy ^_^

Speaking of screenshots, what do you guys want me to do in terms of updates? Do you want me to do like Screamer with the mini-teasers/occasional screenshots, keep you all in (for the most part) the dark, just show you everything(which I won't do lol), or some other way?

The Screamer-style updates work for me. Doesn't give away too much, but just enough to keep us interested during the long wait until game completion.

What's New

5/2/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome forum and take a moment to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back