• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

was tickling ever used as torture in the ancient times?

SadCuzNotTcklsh

2nd Level Red Feather
....or is it all fantasy writing? What proof is there besides the stuff we see on the internet?
Is there any proof of the goat licking the persons feet thing actually happening, like ever throughout history?

Yeah, if it was really all that common maybe we'd see ancient paintings of it or read more about it in non-fiction writings.

There's no documentation that it ever actually took place.

Sounds funny, but if u ask me, then it's fiction. If u wanna torture someone, there are really better ways than a lil bit tickling. But I think we already had this discussion

I actually think there is a pretty big chance that it was used at some point. I mean, if you look at the size of the tickling comunity, its quite possible that at some point in history, someone in a position of power had this fetish. Not to mention the existence of slavery made it really easy to torture someone without giving that many explanations.

Another question would be if it was actually efective as torture by itself....but knowing how mankind is, i would be surprised if during all the thousands of years we have been arround, not a single person took advantage of that.

And its kind of depressing if you think about it.

There was a documented story about some in a concentration camp during WWII that came from a prisoner's diary.

I also read somewhere (not on here) that it was used as punishment for aristocratic children due to the lack of marks and physical damage.

Though I'm pretty sure that all came from Wikipedia lol

But even said Wikipedia has references to actual sources, so it can't be all made up. I guess it's *mostly* fiction, but it surely had actually happened in the past. Just probably not that often.

Torture was used as torture in ancient times. Massive pain tended to get the job done. Accept no substitutes.

Myriads

there are deniers, and believers. yes it was used, but as can be imagined, was not effective on everyone.

steve

Sounds funny, but if u ask me, then it's fiction. If u wanna torture someone, there are really better ways than a lil bit tickling. But I think we already had this discussion

Yeah, but for some people, it's really really really important to believe it's true.
I have no idea why.

There seems to be no solid evidence either for or against on the internet. The same old Wikipedia article is copied and pasted on almost all the threads dealing with the subject.
The source cited on China is one Joachim Schliesinger, in an illustrated book entitled "Torture and Other Amenities in Asia".
Here's what he writes:

"Chinese tickle torture is an ancient form of torture practiced by the Chinese, in particular the courts of the Han Dynasty. Chinese tickle torture was a punishment for nobility since it left no marks and a victim could recover relatively easily and quickly"

This is all fine and dandy, except for the fact that the author does not supply any evidence for his claim, and I doubt that the book has a bibliography (it's not in the free-access section on google books at any rate, see the links below:

https://books.google.fr/books?id=DR...AXUQ6AEIQzAE#v=onepage&q=bibliography&f=false

Whereas some other listed punishments such as reverse hanging or foot whipping come with actual photographs or at least artistic representations of the punishments, the picture matching "Tickle torture"
is a dubious cartoon. It's almost as though they had picked a screenshot of Ramsay Bolton as evidence for the (barbaric) mediaeval practice of flaying. :illogical

The best course of action for anyone wanting to know more would be to get in touch with historians who have written on the subject of ancient punishments.
With luck, we might get access to primary source documents containing evidence of instances when tickling was used in the past. I'd say that's worth a shot !
Sadly, Mr Schliesinger has no academic email address to be found on the internet, nor does he seem to teach at any university. But that's not true of other authors
referenced on the wikipedia articled on "Tickle Torture".:angel:

Whereas some other listed punishments such as reverse hanging or foot whipping come with actual photographs or at least artistic representations of the punishments, the picture matching "Tickle torture"
is a dubious cartoon.

It's a still of April being tickled in TMNT!

As a past time of some sadist? Probably. As an interrogation method? To answer that question, put your head in a sink full of water and try to breathe. Now imagine if someone forced your head into that sink and kicked you to make you drown, drew your head out of that sink to let you breathe and repeated that over and over. Then ask yourself this simple question: would you prefer to be tickled?

And what I described is still a very light torture technique when compared to what was used in history, so do you really think anyone would bother with something as unreliable as tickling when trying to get information out of someone?

Though some are inexplicably opposed to the acceptance of such a notion, there is documented evidence that tickling was used by the Chinese, and to a lesser degree by the Nazis.

If you look around enough, you can find instances were tickling has been used as torture by people. However, these records seem to be few and far between, and your not ever likely to find something like the old fantasy of having a castle's dungeon filled with prisoners being tickled by the guards.

I suppose it's possible that this has been documented by eyewitnesses or official records. But I've never seen it. Those of you who say there's documentation, please provide it for us.

I suppose it's possible that this has been documented by eyewitnesses or official records. But I've never seen it. Those of you who say there's documentation, please provide it for us.
Nothing has been provided so far. It's all about "I've read about it somewhere" or "I know a person who read a documentary about it". Nothing serious.

It seems that reliable documentation about tickling in "ancient times" will never surface; if it ever happened, it was not recorded, or too much time has gone by for the record to survive. However, there seems to be pretty good recorded evidence for a few more recent historical incidents, not of organised or purposeful use of tickling as a torture, but of the occasional individual indulging his urges in such a situation.

For example, our attention was drawn to a case in this exchange I had with TMF poster Paszkowt a while ago on the following page:

http://www.ticklingforum.com/showth...tickling-being-used-as-torture-on-women/page2

The only problem for us native English speakers is that the original text is in Polish.

Last edited:
Yeah, but for some people, it's really really really important to believe it's true.
I have no idea why.

I know why. It's because if ever we get the slightest sniff of the possibility of any tickling going on anywhere, our ears prick up, our mouths salivate, and we get all excited. We're into tickling, you see!

For example, our attention was drawn to a case in this exchange I had with TMF poster Paszkowt a while ago on the following page:

http://www.ticklingforum.com/showth...tickling-being-used-as-torture-on-women/page2

The only problem for us native English speakers is that the original text is in Polish.

I am native Polish too, and I can testify that he reliable translate this polish texts ;)

I see somewhere, on polish forum or somewhere else article from very old newspaper about tickling incident and even I was looking this yesterday, but couldn't find.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

5/10/2024
Our Welcome forum has a place for you to introduce yourself. Say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back