• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Weather Report, 12/24

PiedPiper

4th Level Red Feather
Stepped out on the balcony for a cigarette around 6 AM and damned if it wasn't snowing. A quick check of the online weather forecast suggested that a light snow could continue through the morning, anyway. Technically speaking, I think this has to count as a White Christmas, no? For reference purposes, this is about 40 miles west of Pittsburgh,... anybody else? (Nothing sentimental, mind you. The snow hides the rust belt blight.)

The only time I remember a White Christmas, was my first year with the forum, 2002, when I lived in Lancaster PA. That year, it actually snowed heavily all of Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, and we had nine inches of heavy, wet snow, that caused a power outage for many hours.

Besides 2002, I don't ever recall a White Christmas. This year, NYC is not expecting one. The forecast tonight and tomorrow, is for Clear Skies, with lows in the teens tonight, and highs in the 20s tomorrow.

The official definition of a White Christmas is one inch of snow on the ground or more.
http://www.erh.noaa.gov/pit/christmas/wcinfo.pdf
It is not clear to me why a definition was necessary. :p

Wonderful research, Mils. Well, we're good for that inch thus far,.... it's coming down pretty decently at the moment and, with today's highs only in the 20's, we should meet the other official requirement - that it's still here at midnight.

I just heard a weather report which indicates that we might have a White Christmas in NYC after all.

Supposedly.. quote "Heavy Snow Showers" are expected this evening, and may drop a coating of snow. If this happens, we may actually have some snow on the ground for Xmas Eve and Morning.

Here in Los Angeles it's about 75 degrees.

I think I've only ever seen snow 3 or 4 times in my life.

What's New

5/11/2024
The TMF Art and Story Archives collect some of our communities best creators work in one place!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back