• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

weight loss tips

wolfman28

1st Level Red Feather
I'm not a fat git or anything, just could do with dropping a stone say.

I want to try & start running again, any foods to avoid?

Gonna start this weekend, cutting back on booze, bread, potato chips & fries!

I really wish the US used the phrase "fat git"

One of my favorites:thumbsup:

My wife lost 30lbs. on weight watchers. It seems to be a fantastic program that actually teaches you to eat better and portion control. It amazes me, the type of food she can eat and sometimes, how much she's able to eat and still lose weight. WW works! Her ribs are much more accessible now.

My wife lost 30lbs. on weight watchers. It seems to be a fantastic program that actually teaches you to eat better and portion control. It amazes me, the type of food she can eat and sometimes, how much she's able to eat and still lose weight. WW works! Her ribs are much more accessible now.

WW does work, and its easy to follow, you can eat anything as long as you stick to portions and count the points (which contrary to belief isnt hard to do)

The best way to lose weight is to understand the psychology and science behind weight loss. For example, people typically overestimate the calories in a small dish by on average 20%; however, people typically overestimate the calories in a larger dish by on average 40%! This has been cited as a reason many people claim they've been watching their calorie intake but fail to actually lose any weight - they consistently over-estimate their food intake. There are also other things that people think that get in the way of weight loss psychologically. Do your research. Also, your body typically uses about 15 calories per pound of weight you have. Calories is literally energy entering the body that needs to be used up. The absolute basic, full-proof method of losing weight is burning more calories than you take in. That's how legitimate programs like Weight Watchers work. It is a full-proof method when done correctly. There is absolutely no secret to how the body really works in terms of weight loss/gain.

Every "take this pill" or "don't eat these types of foods" are usually total bullshit. Unless they're a total scam, they usually say "used in conjunction with a healthy diet and exercise"..... and you don't have to be a dietician to guess what ACTUALLY made the person lose the weight.

I lost 28 lbs in 3 months, on a low carb diet, in 2005. I stopped drinking reg soda completely, and switched to diet everything. I also started eating things like turkey, and frozen yougurt, and cut out cakes, ice cream, chips, etc.

Good Luck. Hopefully the diet can work for you.

Mitch

I've lost almost thirty pounds since the beginning of summer. Haven't changed much, just got a little more active and changed some things in my diet. I still eat pretty much what I want, I just don't want as much as I used to.

Need to exercise more though..........

BEST DIETARY TRICK...Now this will sound controversial to some, but America is slowly realizing that they don't need to fear the fats so much. Too many "low fat" options are compensating for the lack of nutrition and taste by adding salt, chemicals, and sugar to make them tastier.
I won't go too much into detail since I'll probably get in enough trouble for saying you don't need to fear fats so much. :scared:
But in conclusion...just make some smarter course corrections with your diet (no drastic trend diets), and work out more.

No, you are absolutely right! There is such a thing as GOOD fat! Also, the biggest thing to remember is that no matter how many calories and fat you take in, if you burn it off, it's all good!

Also, some of the more interesting information I've found comes from here:

http://twitter.com/#!/EatThisNotThat

If you aren't into Twitter, that's fine, but this twitter account provides links to various Men's Health and Women's Health articles with a plethora of good information about how to improve one's eating. Apparently, McDonald's Egg McMuffins actually have some of the "good" fat as previously described.

I agree with everyone else said in this thread.

I've lost 37 pounds over the past 3 months.
All I did was cut back on portions and exercised.
The hardest was the first 2 weeks-- but after that it just becomes natural. Plus your stomach will shrink & you'll get full faster.

WW didn't work for me personally. Counting points and all that crap seems pointless to me. Just stop eating when you are full. Listen to your body. Don't pig out on junk food, but don't avoid it like the plague! I eat a Reese cup everyday. Sometimes 2x a day. It's wonderful!

Good luck!

Thanks for all your advice guys, I used to do karate, years ago, will like to do that again.

exercise, drink water instead of soda, fruits and veggies. more home cooked meals

I've dropped a stone before; didn't lose any weight, but it hurt like hell coming out! :p

*shivers*

I'd rather be fat then lose weight that way.

Also, want to lose weight? stay away from bread. Not because it's bad for you..... it's just soooo soooooooooo good

*chomps down on his sammich with delicious delicious ciabatta bread*

Last edited:
Don't eat from, say, a bag of chips. You lose count of what you have eaten and you'll keep eating even after you've had enough. Portion everything out. Don't drink pop unless it's diet.. lots of worthless calories.

Going to a soccer game today, then beers afterwards
tomorrow as the weather in jolly old england is hot, am going to a bbq

diet starts monday, i'll keep you posted!

Portion Control, but if you can't, low carb/Atkins. It's the only diet I know where you can pig out and still lose weight but it's a tough diet to stay on. As you get older and your energy levels decrease, excercise though good for you, may actually have a detrimental effect on weight loss, as you need extra carbs and calories to boost energy levels. For most people, not all people but most people, your bad cholesterol will go into normal range despite all the fat that is permissible with an Aktins diet and in nearly all people on Atkins, their glucose and triglycerides will plummet... After I am done with my giant bag of potato chips, I am going back on Atkins.

Thanks for all your advice guys, I used to do karate, years ago, will like to do that again.

I would go with Muay Thai , that is what I am currently doing and am down 84lbs *and still going* plus I am learning how to defend myself much more practical than I ever did in Karate .

I would go with Muay Thai , that is what I am currently doing and am down 84lbs *and still going* plus I am learning how to defend myself much more practical than I ever did in Karate .

good lord, you're gunna fade away to nothing! :p

Here's my advice. Assuming you are in good enough health to engage in vigorous exercise...

There are no short cuts. Portion control sucks especially without exercise. This is because even though you may lose weight by not consuming enough calories to support your current weight, you are also destroying your metabolism. This is why hard dieters who do not exercise will gain the weight back immediately if they indulge in unhealthy foods.

A disciplined exercise program (4-5 days a week for 45-60 minutes of a combination of weightlifting and cardio) combined with a smart nutrition pprogram (4-5 meals a day portioned to include servings of protein, complex carbohydrates, and fiber in each) will do the trick, and it will do it fast. When weight lifting, think about training your body as a system. Since your legs constitute about 40% of your body, spend about 40% of your time working out your legs. If your arms are 10% of your body, only spend 10% of your time on your arms. A guy once asked me in the gym, "How do I get bigger biceps?" I told him to squat more :) Focus at first on compound exercises that use 2 or more joints. This means squats, deadlifts, bench presses, and back-rows. Proper form on these exercises is extremely important to avoid injury and to make sure you're targeting the right muscle groups.

Do cardio immediately after your weight training or first thing in the morning when your glycogen stores are depleted and your body will draw from the next available energy source - body fat. Make sure you eat a full healthy meal with a lot of protein and complex carbs after your workouts. Getting in shape is not usually about eating less...it's about exercising more and eating foods intelligently so your body will use them for recovery to build new muscle. More muscle = higher metabolic rate = fat loss.

If you work out hard enough, you should be consuming about 1-1.5 grams of protein per lb. of body fat. If this seems too high to reach, I suggest buying a protein drink supplement.

This is a VERY general outline. But hope it helps.

What's New

5/6/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for the webs largest one-stop fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back