• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

What book or books are you reading now?

Coffee

4th Level Orange Feather
I am reading The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown and What it takes to be #1 by Vince Lombardi.

Preacher.

Okay, it's a graphic novel, but still. Better than alot of books I've read in my time.

ps. The Lost Symbol is a good one for sure.

Hey Tropic. Have you read Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter? Good Book.

The Federalist, by J. R. Pole.

I recently picked up a 50th Anniversary Edition of Gordon W. Prange's At Dawn We Slept for cheap on Amazon. I'll probably start on that before I finish the first book. :D

'The Day Lincoln Was Shot', by Jim Bishop. I'm reading the paperback edition, which dates back to 1955, and it shows, parts of the book are coming apart. I got it at my fave used book store for a quarter. It's really a great narrative; it reads like a good crime drama. In other words, it's far more mature than anything you bought from the Scholastic Book Services.

'The Day Lincoln Was Shot', by Jim Bishop. I'm reading the paperback edition, which dates back to 1955, and it shows, parts of the book are coming apart. I got it at my fave used book store for a quarter. It's really a great narrative; it reads like a good crime drama. In other words, it's far more mature than anything you bought from the Scholastic Book Services.

That one is new to me. I hope there is a copy to be had. :makingalist:

I just finished reading "The Predictioneers Game" by Bruce Bueno de Mesquita.

Yesterday I started reading "The Lost Symbol" by Dan Brown. It's pretty damn lame so far, so I'm kinda hoping it gets better...

Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. To say preachy would probably be an understatement.

I have a huge collection sitting on my shelf, be it from on whim purchases, be it for courses, be it because the professors had too much stock and were willing to part. I think, when I get back home, I am either going to start the Border Trilogy from McCarthy, or I will focus on transcendentalism from Emerson, Thoreau, and the like.

Need to get my mental edge back, so that should help me ease my way back into Derridan deconstruction, like I was heavily before I got lazy.

I'm re-reading Crackpot by filmmaker John Waters. Originally got it at a garage sale years ago, found it while cleaning house. I was fascinated by his chapter about successfully teaching a film course in a Maryland prison as well as his capsule reviews of selected "art films" of the late 20th century.

High Fidelity by Nick Hornby and No Sugar by Miranda Ibanez.

45-7.jpg

Idiot's Guide to College Algebra . Obviously this is not a fun book.

Just about to start 'The Passage' by Justin Cronin.

"Dreamweaver" by....my sister-in-law. It's not published yet, but should be soon. Aside from that, I haven't done any real reading in a bit.

What's New

5/14/2024
If you ned to report a post, click the report button to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back