• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

What is your salary or rate of pay?

pfromptown

TMF Expert
I have always found it odd and interesting that in our threads a millionaire could easily be talking to a burger flipper, which is something that would never happen in real life. And considering none of us actually know each other, I don't consider it rude, so purely out of interest, let's have it! I make minimum wage in the UK, so £5.93 p/h, $9.68 p/h

Actually...quite a few of us actually know each other Mate...

Not true at all, it does happen in real life. As a child, I use to joke to my parents "If I become rich, and I still like Carls Jr (a fast food joint over here), am I still allowed to go eat there?". Then come adulthood.... yah, if you want carls jr as a millionaire, you go get carls jr!

Of course, that's not what you mean by a millionaire TALKING to a burger flipper. However, it's very much possible in more academic settings. That's what I love about socializing with colleagues and scientists, everyone loves what they're doing and sometimes you're talking to someone who has a hall named after him at a University and you'd never know it.

Statistically, there are a number of millionaires on this board most likely. I sure as hell am not one, according to the university I get a bit over minimum wage ($11 or so) but I'm on contract. I don't think many rich people will out themselves, however. Hell, girls have problems with guys? Make some money and see how much unwanted attention you get!

Actually...quite a few of us actually know each other Mate...

I'd have to respectfully disagree with that fella, there's statistically speaking around 100,000 members of this forum and I'd wager the majority of them don't belong to the 'elite' number of regular posters. It's interesting that you didn't actually answer the question: ARE YOU MR BURNS?!?! :)

I'd have to respectfully disagree with that fella, there's statistically speaking around 100,000 members of this forum and I'd wager the majority of them don't belong to the 'elite' number of regular posters. It's interesting that you didn't actually answer the question: ARE YOU MR BURNS?!?! :)

The number of regular posters here is significantly smaller than that number...

lol

I am more like Homer Simpson salary wise, but I have personally met over 300 members of this forum over the years and am friends with a large percentage of them...

The number of regular posters here is significantly smaller than that number...

lol

I am more like Homer Simpson salary wise, but I have personally met over 300 members of this forum over the years and am friends with a large percentage of them...

Ray also has a fan club. We wear T-shirts that say "Team Ray"

My school pays me about 30 bucks an hour, which works out to the cost of my tution, more or less. So basically, they pay me in education.

My school pays me about 30 bucks an hour, which works out to the cost of my tution, more or less. So basically, they pay me in education.

Thats not a bad deal considering the costs of tuition these days...:woot:

There are currently 108,166 members, but the majority are lurkers. Some frequent different subforums like stories, video clips, artwork.

I would say in the Gen/TK Disc. area alone there are maybe .5% are actually regular posters.

Of those .5%, many have met each other at small gatherings or the granddaddy of them all NEST and are friends.

But to answer your question, I make minimum wage. If there are any "rich" people on this forum, they are not going to admit to it. Just like there may be "celebrities" on here, but they'll never admit it and if they did, no one would believe them.

ha i dont even tell my mates what i earn so you got two hopes there im afraid dude

I have met, and become personal friends with several members here, none of whom has more then a handful of posts at best. Post counts are irrelevant in that regard, or any other. But that's a subject for another thread. Now to the thread topic. I would never dream of asking a friend or even a family member how much money they make, let alone a total stranger. That's just me.

I would never dream of asking a friend or even a family member how much money they make, let alone a total stranger. That's just me.

In the home where I grew up, we had only three topics that were never discussed: Sex, death, and income. I'm willing to talk about sex and death now, but I'm with Bugman about income.

In the home where I grew up, we had only three topics that were never discussed: Sex, death, and income. I'm willing to talk about sex and death now, but I'm with Bugman about income.

I think this raises an interesting question about North American society. Why is asking how much one person makes such a "Taboo" concept? Personally, i've never had an issue asking this question if i'm curious about it, but then there really isn't usually a reason to ask it.

As for me, i am a full time student, so i make no money right now.

Echoing what many people in the thread have said - my salary is nobody's business but my own.

I think this raises an interesting question about North American society. Why is asking how much one person makes such a "Taboo" concept? Personally, i've never had an issue asking this question if i'm curious about it, but then there really isn't usually a reason to ask it.

As for me, i am a full time student, so i make no money right now.

Echoing what many people in the thread have said - my salary is nobody's business but my own.

As Artoo said, it's no one else's business. And note, he is not from this side of the pond. So clearly it is not just a "North American" thing.

0.41 cents per mile.I make as much as I can legally drive.

This is an interesting question. The idea that it is extremely rude to ask about peoples income was around long before any of us were alive so my initial instinct being "it's because we're a money-centric society and you don't want to make someone feel inadequate just because of their salary" doesn't answer the question.

Maybe even back then we realized that opening up about our income makes people feel vulnerable to being asked for money... but I'm really not sure.

I make $13-and-some-change/hr, about $750 every 2-weeks.

And why the hell are people posting here if they're so offended by the topic of this thread? Answer the question of the thread or stay the fuck out.

I make $13-and-some-change/hr, about $750 every 2-weeks.

And why the hell are people posting here if they're so offended by the topic of this thread? Answer the question of the thread or stay the fuck out.

If someone isn't prepared to hear dissenting comments, they can get the fuck out.
Fair's fair. Plus, it makes for more interesting discussion than what we actually earn.

If someone isn't prepared to hear dissenting comments, they can get the fuck out.
Fair's fair. Plus, it makes for more interesting discussion than what we actually earn.

I'm prepared for it because this isn't my first visit to this website. The dissenting comments aren't what this thread is about. I don't think someone should be given shit for asking people to volunteer this information.

What's New

5/18/2024
The vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is still open! Vote in the GFA forum today!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back