• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

What was the greatest invention made by man in your opinion?

Dário F

4th Level Black Feather
I would have to say spacecrafts, and the Internet which made it possible for me to meet all you fine people! :wavingguy

The computer.It touches almost every phase of our life is someway.

A case can be made that agriculture was the most important invention of humanity. Without it, it is not clear that we ever would have moved on from the hunter-gatherer stage.

I would classify language as an ability rather than an invention.

Scared said:
The greatest invention is language.

It's through language that we are able to convey ideas sufficiently well to allow others to build on them. When Newton saw further by standing on the shoulders of giants, the ladder that let him scale the giants was language.

Without language, we would have a much greater loss of knowledge and comprehension between generations, and be unable to explore fields like ethics at all.

Well put Scared :) I agree wholeheartedly!

paper...for the ability to read the spoken word.

I'm not sure about "inventions", but the best discovery I think was electricity...

milagros317 said:
A case can be made that agriculture was the most important invention of humanity. Without it, it is not clear that we ever would have moved on from the hunter-gatherer stage.

I would classify language as an ability rather than an invention.

I would agree about language,that would not be an invention.The same could be said about fire,man did not invent it but learned how to create it by various means by observing nature.

Questions like these make games like civilization worth playing

Writing\language

Without it, nothing after is possible

Agriculture. The ablility to rise above the nomadic lifestyle is the basis for civlization.

Snail Shell

The best invention is perhaps one of the simplest and that would be the plow. The plow enabled agriculture to take place and that allowed us to stay put from our nomadic ways and that allowed us to make cities.

Refridgeration.
It made possible the transport of goods (primarily food) across the globe possible and lower the cost for food, thus enabled more people to eat. Though starvation is still a problem, it would be worse if not for refridgeration.

Rob

The microphone, which has enabled us to capture forever voices and instruments raised in song.

The telescope, which helped to bring us to the realization of just how insignificant we really are in comparison to the rest of the universe....

(my second choice would be hats......)

the egg.....i'll leave it up to your imagination as to what type of egg i'm referring....:angel:

I would tend to agree that the development of agriculture, tools and the ability to control fire would be the greatest overall inventions. In terms of more modern times, I would pick the microscope, as it led to the advancement of modern medicine and it's benefits.

Haha good one, PokeyinMich.

Playstation 1, 2, 3 and beyond.

And fighting games for those consoles, including Street Fighter, KOF and Tekken.

PokeyinMich said:
I happen to agree with Tg here, with the Wheel. It really got things rolling :eek:

its all about the trapezoid

Isosceles_trapezoid.jpg

Scared said:
So you're implying that language was frolicking freely in the wild when man came along, stumbled over it, and decided to recreate it artificially?

I'm not buying it.

No,not my point at all.Language evolved over time,and continues to do so.The point of the thread i think is what has mankind created with his hands that has changed the course of the world.

for me its a toss up between the Ford Mustang and the Fender Stratocaster.....

What's New

5/4/2024
The Final vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is open! Visit the GFA fouem and cast your ballot!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back