• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

What was your Favorite Childhood Movie?

THIS MOVIE WAS MY CHILDHOOD

SJ1.jpg

AND NOTHING ELSE IS EVEN CLOSE

*mumbles shamefacedly* Masters of the Universe...? (Mainly cos of Gwildor lol.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgjLEKohzi8

I was also pretty keen on The Witches - as in the film based on the book by Roald Dahl. Not sure why, though. I mean it's pretty messed up for a kids/family film, when you think about it. The boy's parents die in a car accident within about the first fifteen minutes of the film, there's this underlying theme of child abduction, and the Grand High Witch is - from a child's point-of-view, anyway - one of the scariest, most hideous things imaginable! Hmm...

For me it was 'Ghostbusters'; not only was it an amazing film for a 9 year old, but it also came with a cracking song. God bless the mid 80s!

Cheers, everybody,
SmashTV

I watched so many movies when I was a kid it's hard to narrow it down to one favorite. But definitely the never-ending story was one that I was really into as well as flight of the navigator.

Most of the movies people mentioned here (EX: Neverending Story) were part of my childhood because they were ubiquitous experiences for us in the VHS days. I remember, though, a time when The Karate Kid II was actually more popular than the original, although that ended in the early 90s when both films were put aside after part III and then 10 years later when the original resurfaced in the zeitgeist.

While my personal favorite film was Jaws (thanks to a recorded 1987 broadcast that I was SUPER stoked about), my personal most-watched film of my childhood has GOT to be a 1977 monument of shitball cinema called Planet of the Dinosaurs.

220px-Planet_of_Dinosaurs.jpg

Back in those days, most movies retained their original poster art for the box covers, so video stores were FULL of wicked-awesome box covers that were way better than their actual films and extremely inappropriate for overly-imaginative kids like me. But perhaps best of all, they were often such oddball, corny, ridiculous low-budget films that just don't get made anymore. And as a result, we kids who were too young to realize how bad these films are, were totally batshit crazy about them.

And holy FUCK is POTD a bad film. It's basically wedged in the hell that exists between Roger Corman and Lloyd Kaufman couch-change-for-budget trash cinema where the future looked an awful lot like 1978 (including movies made in 1976), particularly in the wardrobe and facial hair department.

Planet%20Of%20Dinosaurs.png

Wow, the future is looking quite Shalit-y.

The plot is basically about a spaceship cruiser that inexplicably explodes while passing an Earth-like planet and the survivors crash land on it, only to find that it's full of man-eating dinosaurs, which proceed to eat or kill them off one at a time.

Planet%20of%20Dinosaurs.jpg

I swear to God, when I was 5, this was fucking awesome.

What made this film special was that aside from it's atrocious production value and plot, it featured some truly spectacular stop-motion effects. They were seriously outstanding for the period, and would have held up with even some of Ray Harryhausen's own work. I remember even back in broadcast TV dinosaur documentaries, footage from this movie was used because the models and puppets were that strong.

planet_dinosaurs_3.jpg

Surprisingly, I didn't thread out the video store's tape and eventually moved on to other things, but I would bet you money that between 1984 and 1988, this was easily my favorite movie and I watched it every chance I got. I went about 20 years without seeing it, and when I got my Netflix account, this was the first movie I rented all because the idea of accessing a monumental database of movies reminded me of this one as a legendarily hard-to-find item. No matter how many people say that George Lucas raped their childhood by revamping the Star Wars movies, that doesn't hurt as much as realizing that your childhood was a FUCKING LIE, which is what watching Planet of the Dinosaurs as a 28 year-old showed me.

2a635103cca2c962c8c08101e313304ce42c0ce.jpg

The horror...the horror...the horror-ible special effects, sweet Jeebus.

The film had lapsed in attention and the copyright had gone through several hands, and as a result, the DVD had been patched together from surviving film elements and telecine sources. But even a full-restored 4k edition wouldn't dull the pain of knowing that my all-time favorite childhood film was almost as bad as The Room.

I've since made peace with this truth...but it kinda still doesn't help.

I'll have to second Bator, and go with Willow. It's probably tied with Back to the Future.

Star Wars came out when I was somewhere between 5-7 and it was love at first sight! Honorable mention to The Jungle Book.

It's hard to narrow it down but for me it's a tie between The Goonies and The Never Ending Story.

That's a tough one. However, Of the many movies, I can think of a few that I watched repeatedly.

Willow- Just a fucking awesome movie that never got the credit it deserved. Just so much was right about this movie. Sword and sorcery at its best.

Labyrinth- I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this yet. A movie that was ahead of its time, and still one that I watch from time to time.

He-man- I was a massive He-Man fan when I was a kid, so its not surprising that this movie was something I watched a lot, and to be honest, I still think it is a cool movie, even if it isn't particularly deep. The action is great, skeletor is fucking awesome, and yeah, I was addicted to He-Man, but it was still cool.

Now, for animated films, there are three that really jump out at me.

The Last Unicorn- A movie based off of a fantasy book, for somebody who liked fantasy, this was a great little find. It had Japanese artists, a theme song sung by the band "America", voice actors like Angela Lansberry, Jeff Goldblum, Christopher Lee, and others, and was just an enchanting tale of a Unicorn trying to find out what happened to her kind.

The Hobbit- nuff said.

The sea Prince and the Fire Child- A Romeo and Juliet type story about two children, one of water the other of fire, who fall in love and die for that same love. Worth a watch if you can find it on Youtube or other media places.

Ugh, I was such a Disney child, and so were all of my six siblings/cousins I helped raise xD But if I had to narrow it down to just one, Aladdin. Loved the whole trilogy but I've seen the first one a billion times and will watch it right now if you tell me it's on!

When I got a little older I was a huge fan (and still am) of Princess Bride. The cheesiest flick you'll EVER watch but damn, that's good stuff. Also Batman and Robin/Batman Forever got me through a particularly rough summer where I had nothing to do but watch a few movies over and over and over. I watched those two movies every weekend XD

Definitely have to add Willow into there, though that was once I got into my early teens. Last Unicorn, can't believe somebody mentioned that <3 heck yes. Bedknobs and Broomsticks! Rented that one a whole lot when I was a kid. And of course who can forget Pokemon: The First Movie?
~K

Before I read the comments, my first instinctive answer was 'Bedknobs and Broomsticks' - quite dark at times (including the scary cameo from Bruce Forsyth), a beautiful young girl just about my age at the time, good songs, great characters.

After having read the other comments, I'll also agree with The Witches and Labyrinth

There also one called The Iron Maiden, which was actually an adult love story/comedy developing on the basis of a road crash between a cadillac and a British steam traction engine. I loved the girl and the traction engines so took to this very much.

And of course the Herbie films!

I loved musicals - The Wizard of Oz, The Sound of Music, Mary Poppins, Chitty-Chitty Bang-Bang. I also liked a few odd films - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun and Iron Eagle.

I liked many of the ones mentioned above.

THIS MOVIE WAS MY CHILDHOOD

View attachment 452193

AND NOTHING ELSE IS EVEN CLOSE

Oh man this brings back memories. Absolutely classic!! :D

As for my favorite, however, I'm going to have to go with this little gem right here:

The Lion King.jpg

To this very day, I can still watch this movie over and over and never get tired of it. As I grew older and continued re-watching the film I finally understood why it was so good: the outstanding performance of the ensemble voice cast, the colorful and lively animation, the songs that finally weren't completely annoying and intrusive (lol), and the biblical and Shakespearean influences that greatly enhanced the film's story. It's the highest grossing 2D animated film ever, and it received universal acclaim upon its release. This film truly defined part of my childhood.

Geez, sorry I got a little carried away there lol. But I seriously fucking love this film. All time favorite Disney and childhood movie.

Last edited:
I also liked Labyrinth, & Disney's Mary Poppins, Alice in Wonderland, Cinderella, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. The Wizard of Oz, The Sound of Music, Chitty-Chitty Bang Bang, Adventures in Babysitting, and Willow.

What's New

5/17/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for the webs largest one-stop fetish clip location!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back