• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

What Would It Be Like If Pike Stayed On As Captain?

DebonairDavid

TMF Regular
While watching The Cage, particularly Pike's performance, I was wondering what it'd be like if NBC decided to keep him, and what the relationship between him and Spock would be like if it was more explored. Although I like Boyce's performance as the ship's doctor, it'd also be interesting if his character was kept on and developed. Then again, if they had given him a relationship with McCoy, it'd be interesting to see how that played out as well.

Well remember future Pike revealed that the Klingon monks of Bor'ath revealed to him that every single time Pike tries to avoid his fate, Spock DIES! Christopher Pike has pretty much resigned himself to his fate at this point I feel. What I'm HOPING is that after the accident Spock immediately gets Pike to Talos IV so the Talosians can help him instead of waiting until well into Kirk's tenure as captain of the Enterprise. That way Pike wouldn't be forced to remain almost completely disabled for very long and I feel such a change wouldn't alter the story very much.

Well remember future Pike revealed that the Klingon monks of Bor'ath revealed to him that every single time Pike tries to avoid his fate, Spock DIES! Christopher Pike has pretty much resigned himself to his fate at this point I feel. What I'm HOPING is that after the accident Spock immediately gets Pike to Talos IV so the Talosians can help him instead of waiting until well into Kirk's tenure as captain of the Enterprise. That way Pike wouldn't be forced to remain almost completely disabled for very long and I feel such a change wouldn't alter the story very much.

Is this supposed to be from TOS or BNW?

In terms of the show as a show, I wouldn't think it would have been that different, because it would have been the same showrunner and the same writing teams.

In terms of the lore, I don't really remember much about Pike's personality I guess. History has sort of turned Kirk into this guy who routinely disregarded the Prime Directive, but that actually only happened a couple of times, probably no more often than Picard was forced to make that choice. The different actors would have made different choices, and maybe the guy playing Pike would have been a better collaborator than Shatner allegedly was, which would have led to more of an ensemble type show.

It's an interesting question, but I don't think TOS gives us much information on the subject to use for a definitive answer.

It's an interesting question, but I don't think TOS gives us much information on the subject to use for a definitive answer.

I agree with that, and like to think of it as an intellectual exercise. Sadly, Jeff Hunter died shortly after TOS ended, and the idea of the original films and proceeding shows would've died along with him if he did stay on. There could've been a situation where they acknowledged Hunter's death in-universe by having a funeral for Pike at the beginning of the first film and then having a new actor come in and play a new captain. At least it wouldn't have been tarnishing him by replacing Pike with some other actor after he died. If they went that route, the only wierd and inconsistent thing would been Spock's revival in 3rd film. Because he left the show after the first pilot episode, the casting director could've replaced him with someone else, but there's no telling how the other actor's performance would've been, especially in his relationship with the other characters.

Last edited:
Is this supposed to be from TOS or BNW?
Brave New Worlds. It's a pretty good show.

In terms of the lore, I don't really remember much about Pike's personality I guess. History has sort of turned Kirk into this guy who routinely disregarded the Prime Directive, but that actually only happened a couple of times, probably no more often than Picard was forced to make that choice.
Kirk's tendency to take his own spin on the rules stemmed from his dislike of losing. I will agree Shatner may not have been the best choice for the role. The new guy that Strange New Worlds has playing Kirk is doing a good job I feel though.

Kirk's tendency to take his own spin on the rules stemmed from his dislike of losing. I will agree Shatner may not have been the best choice for the role. The new guy that Strange New Worlds has playing Kirk is doing a good job I feel though.
Whether you love or hate Shatner, he made Star Trek a sci-fi and pop-culture icon. As far as SNW goes, I haven't seen it because I hate streaming and I'm instantly turned off by anything made by Alex Kurtzman. Also, I've seen Paul Wesley in Vampire Diaries, and while I HATED the show, I'm sure he's a better actor in anything else but that.

What's New

4/30/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest fetish clip location!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back