• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

whats with all the zip files

yurokedd1

you guies running a prmo for zip...and the free down load and you all are putting clips on a file we have to pay to down load.whats wronge with real play or widows..( the free ones)

yurokedd said:
you guies running a prmo for zip...and the free down load and you all are putting clips on a file we have to pay to down load.whats wronge with real play or widows..( the free ones)

Compression...

You can take a larger file and compress it to save file size which would download faster for users, and allow people to keep well under the size limit on the forums.

WinZip is free and can be aquired at www.download.com. It's simple to use and is a good way as TT said to increase the size of the file you can upload/download.

nessonite said:
WinZip is free and can be aquired at www.download.com. It's simple to use and is a good way as TT said to increase the size of the file you can upload/download.

WinZip is a great program but when we are given multiple (18) files we have to piece together with another program written in spanish and it never works, it can be a pain in the a$$. I would rather have the smaller files. Call me grumpy, but this is reality. I would venture to guess that others don't like it either.

Well I've never used Hatcha (sp?) so I can't comment on that. However if you just want to avoid the whole thing then that's all you have to do! If people didn't use Hatcha/Zip those clips wouldn't be here to begin with. Those of us that don't or can't use that system don't lose anything in them being here. :)

I would agree if this was a paysite... but given that the content is free, and the hassle is minimal with an ounce of effort - I say keep posting higher quality!

Just my $0.02...

squirmer30 said:
I'm at a loss as to why anyone would bother using Hacha anyway.

Actually I can understand why some people would use Hacha. It works for them. That is why people create video files that open in different players. I am lazy and hate to go through a lot of steps to view a 3 minute clip so that is my complaint. It would be perfect if all clips here were posted in one format but most likely they would not work for everyone. The idea of unzipping 18 files and joining them together and then loading them into the proper player is too tedious for me. Like others have said I have a choice whether to view the clips or not. So I will choose not to view clips made from zip files.

nessonite said:

Hey Great Quizzes Nessonite. I'm from Northern NJ also- West Paterson (also happily married to the love of my life and my own personal tickle slave!) . I have recently moved to PA but I thought it funny that we have tickling fans right in our own backyard and don't even know it! I didn't recognize your face from your picture, so I probably never met you. But it gets me to thinking: wouln't it be wild to be on one of these sites and see a picture of your next door neighbor- someone you would never suspect? LOL! You just never know. Small world!

To be quite honest (and completely off topic of this thread) I put my picture there, and have posted it elsehwere, not only to encourage others to show us what they look like but in case someone browsing here DOES know me then I would be "outted" without having to tell anyone! I figure if they're here anyway then it's okay if they know!
But it IS doubtful we have seen eachother even in passing as I have never been near West Patterson!

complicated

squirmer30 said:
For anyone who's still confused as to what I'm driving at, let me explain:

If you have a large wmv file, why not just split it into 18 different stand alone wmv files that don't need to be re-assembled with Hacha ? Then we can all watch them, instead of just the Hacha lottery winners being able to. Won't affect the quality a bit. That way we can rejoin them ourselves if we feel the need, or just play them all in the media player of our choice.

In my way they must be reassembled with hacha or another program, and it is not a lottery :happy: it's well explained in the post with hacha files, so read well. I suppose it is a problem with those separated files, but tell me why some people can do it without a problem and view the clips and others do not ???
And i prefer to watch the whole clip instead of separated short files.....
Even if u cut the files as u said they would be unviewable cause you need them ALL to view the clip :laughing:

alf said:
Even if u cut the files as u said they would be unviewable cause you need them ALL to view the clip :laughing:
Actually Alf, clips can be cut as stand alone files that are playable seperately(I've done it several times in my posts). There is however, a varying degree of quality loss, depending on the size as well as the format of the original clip.I've yet to find a program that can split a .rm file into a stand alone(playable) file directly. They have to be converted to .avi, then to .wmv first (a process that can sometimes take upwards of an hour or more depending on the size). Then they can be "cut up" into seperate stand alone .wmv files, and then uploaded to the forum.Also, in that case, the quality loss is quite evident. I don't want anyone to misunderstand what i'm saying, no-one has "put a gun to my head" to do this, i've done it quite willingly in order to share what clips i have. But i must admit that it does boggle my mind a little, especially now that .rar files has become so much more straight forward to use(they no longer have to be zipped now),that some people get annoyed when asked to download a few files( that 18 parter was an exception, most posts have between 4 to 8 parts) and then right click and choose "extract here".Even hacha wasn't all that complex... you unzip then click on an icon. And that's to see a clip for cryin' out loud. Using the winrar method makes it a lot easier for those of us who enjoy sharing with others.

Anywho... forgive the rant... just needed to get that off my chest.

lottery

squirmer30 said:
I still stand by my comment. Hacha is a lottery. Having used computers for 20 years I know full well that I'm not some dense clod who doesn't know how to follow simple instructions. And reading through the posts on this site I'm not the only one who never gets a winning ticket. Don't take it personal guys, but the program just doesn't work for anyone and I for one can't be bothered wating any more time with it.

Hey how do you explain then that some people can view those clips squirmer ???
You just have to read the instructions. :D

Hey you have dark humor squirmer, good !! Nothing personal, I just reply to quotes see. And there are more important things in life so....... :)
No what am i saying........hey tell me that u are wrong and i am right i am just waiting for it :)
Hey we won't battle won't we ????? Hope no Mr !!
Oh.....hem....11 level of humor degree not 1st........or above so.......

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like this new trend. I have WinZip and I downloaded WinRar. The trial verson, so in a few days I will be given the option to pay for it or it might not work any longer. I just want to view the clips. When it takes longer to prepare the clips for viewing than it takes to view them, it is using up time. I have chosen not to view some of these clips, mainly the Hacha ones. When it gets to the point that all the clips require unzipping I will just find another forum. I haven't been here so long that I would be missed. Unless maybe you like my screenname :) Just my $.02.

Last edited:
squirmer30 said:
Hey Floyd, I dig the name amyway. I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon.

What's it all about Alfie ? Dark humour ? Who, me ?

And at the risk of banging on about file extraction again, anyone who's posting a large clip would do well to check out the work of a wonderful human being called "Anonymous".
A layman's knowledge of Winrar is all you need to post a clip in multiple fragments. Self extracting archives that reassemble into a single file and work on all platforms ? And anyone viewing the clip doesn't even need to install any software ? Well I never, who'd have thought it ? Amazing what you can do with a computer these days isn't it ?

Ahem squirmer hi !!
About the .rar extension, it was not uploadable before so now it is easier, i agree. And the best there is : clip posted in a viewable file ( that u have just to rename ) :)

What's New

5/1/2024
The final vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is now open. See the GFA forum for details!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back