• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

When Does a Fetish become "out of control"?

ScottTickle888

TMF Regular
Good Evening Everyone,

I am here to ask a question that has been asked before: How do you know when your fetish is "out of control" in other words, taking over your life.

Lets take the habit of "paying" for tickling sessions. It starts out ok.. but soon enough you find yourself doing this twice a month... then 3 times a month... then every week. When is too much? Do you think if you get to this point your fetish is bad for you and you should try to "cure" yourself of it? Or do you let the cycle play out until you snap yourself into the realization that you need to be more responsible with yourself.

Now I don't necessarily believe in wiping a fetish out of your life, but do you think things can go too far and if they do that you should "step away from the scene"?

I'd like to hear some of your opinions on this, as I've seen a lot of interesting "Freud" esque posts floating around ;). Please Discuss! I look forward to hearing from some people.

It is my personal opinion that it becomes a problem when it truly starts to prove detrimental to your everyday life. If your "paid" sessions are coming out of personal mad money that is one thing. If that habit is preventing you from paying your bills on time (or at all) then it is definitely an issue. If it becomes impossible to resist the urge or function as a productive member of society, that is also a problem.

In defense of fetishes however, I am going to equate them to sex for the purposes of this argument. If you aren't familiar with Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, refer here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow's_hierarchy_of_needs

Notice that the base level physiological needs include sex. I guess my question would be whether the fetish is a need, a preference or just a want. If you consider it to be a need then I would include it on the physiological level. However, basic survival needs need to come first.

Don't wipe out part of who you are. Find a way to adjust your desires perhaps and keep things in perspective.

Just my two cents! :)

I think it's too much if you can't afford it any longer or if you are suffering if you can't have it. That is when it becomes an addiction, and addictions are never healthy. If you can't lead a normal life because of it, that is when you fetish gets out of hand.

The way I look at it, it's no different than alcohol, drugs, tobacco, or anything you lose control of. I feel fortunate. In my younger days, I did some drugs, drank too much and smoked. The drugs got too expensive, (not to mention a threat to my security clearance), and drinking too much almost always made me puke and have a hangover, so I finally decided that I didn't want to feel that way anymore and cut back a lot. The tobacco made me hack and cough too much and I finally gave it up, too. I still like to drink, but not excessively anymore. I just got burnt out on these things and figured out how to control them. I've always felt sad for the folks that had to go to AA or the drug equivalent. Now, they can't even enjoy a drink for fear of falling off the wagon. If tickling gets out of control, you may find yourself in the same boat. Having to try to quit it completely or risk going overboard again. I can see where it could get to that point.

I am here to ask a question that has been asked before: How do you know when your fetish is "out of control" in other words, taking over your life.

Lets take the habit of "paying" for tickling sessions. It starts out ok.. but soon enough you find yourself doing this twice a month... then 3 times a month... then every week. When is too much?

If you are asking mainly because you are spending too much money on your fetish, then I recommend that you find a tickle partner who doesn't charge any money...like a girlfriend perhaps. Although this may be easier said than done, it would certainly address the financial strain...at least in most cases. If your fetish is "taking over your life" in some other way, then you should excercise more self-control and scale it back a bit. Again, it's easier said than done, but that's just life.

Moderation is always a good thing to live by be it drinking, smoking, eating, sleep, or tickling.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

5/8/2024
The final Vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is now ongoing. Visit the GFA forum to vote!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back