• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Who here still watches cartoons? lol

jason19tk

TMF Regular
Who here still does, and what's your favorite ones? I still do...better than most of the other stuff on tv these days..lol

My faves: Justice League (which is like a badass version of Superfriends. ) . Any of you see the episodes with the villan Dr. Destiny (think of a guy who looks kinda like Skeletor with Freddy Kruger's power to kill people in their nightmares...) ? Now THAT was a creepy episode....especially during the scenes with Batman in the abandoned warehouse..

And they even put some sex jokes in there, in a way that kids probably don't get them(depending on what they've been watchin, at least. lol), but adults do . Like this one--

Flash: "Annd, that's how a put those flames out before the firefighters even got out of the truck"

Hawkgirl: "That IS fast.."

Flash: "Yep..'fastest man alive'"

Hawkgirl " Which probably explains why you can't get a date.."

Another one I love to watch is the revamped "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe " . Finally, we've gotten to actually see Adam (prince of Eternina, defender of Castle Grayskull, blah blah blah.. lol) get the Sword of Power, how Keldor became Skeletor ...and finally....the villans are no longer dumbass weaklings who run away when they see He-Man. Not only that, but the Masters of the Universe are actually INTERESTING now , and sometimes even He-Man needs their help to save HIS ass.

I guess it's sort of like: He-Man needs the Masters to help him out, because he can't do what he needs to do alone (after all, in this new show, he's still inexperienced..he's still learning to use his power ) , but without He-Man, they would get their butts severly kicked ( don't believe me? check out the "Council of Evil " 3-parter if it ever comes back on again ).

And Skeletor is totally evil in this one. He even gets some of the best lines like when he was about to punish (maybe even kill) his warriors for failing him.

villans: " Have mercy!"
Skeletor : "Mercy?...I didn't hear 'plee-eease"
villans: " PLEASE!!!!"
Skeletor: "hmm...I think......NOT!" *laughs insanely while throwing a switch that lowers his chained up warriors into an area with deadly monsters *

How can ya not love this new Skeletor?

And I've heard the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon is pretty damn good too.....it follows the original comic books more than the first cartoon.....and get this ( spoiler for those who havent seen it ............on the he-man.org forums....they were talking about how ................LEONARDO CUT OFF SHREDDER'S HEAD!! And then Shredder actually got up , picked his head up, and walked away with it!!!! Not only that, but I've read that Shredder might've even killed some of the henchmen that'd failed him in the first few episodes...they never actually showed it so you could be sure, though.

One thing's for sure, though...these cartoons aren't just for little kids anymore. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I definitely do!:p Justice League and He-Man are on my list, but one I must mention is Duck Dodgers. Made from an old Daffy Duck cartoon, it is one of the funniest I have seen in a long time. But, many any of the old one are my faves, like Centurions, Pirates of Dark Water, and Looney Toons.

Go Cartoons!!!

I dont know what happened but for me this thread is really long horizontally!
Anyway I adore cartoons! I dont have cable at the moment but my very favorites are
Ed, Edd and Eddy
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun
Tom and Jerry (mostly the chuck jones ones)
I really liked Clone High but I think they cancelled it
Family Guy

Umm...shoot. There are TONS more but I cant think of any.Ive been without television for like 5 or 6 months now!

Ok.. my two cents

Love Classic Tom and Jerry ( not the wierd looking ones )
Classic Chip and Dale ( tormenting Donald Duck )
Alot of other Disney Animation
Animaniacs
Pink Panther
Road Runner
Bugs Bunny

Since you asked . . .

I love oldies like "The Impossibles" and "Secret Squirrel",
"Frankenstein Jr" and "Space Kiddettes" are fun too. Oh, and "Cattanooga Cats" are terrific. Watching some of those music numbers with their psychedelic effects makes you wonder if there were not subtle drug references being made.

Does anyone remember Sid and Marty Krofft? They weren't cartoons but they pioneered the use of videotape in kids TV shows. I love when the Cable Channel "Boomerang" runs stuff like "The Bugaloos" and "Land of the Lost".

You Bet i still watch Cartoons;)

My Favorites are

Scooby Doo
Invider Zim
Johny Bravo
Ren & Stimpy -The older one more then the newer version
Cow and Chicken
Doug
Recess
Lloyd in space
Rugrats
The Simpsons

How about "Hey Arnold!"? Does anyone watch that one?

HisDivineShadow said:
I definitely do!:p Justice League and He-Man are on my list, but one I must mention is Duck Dodgers. Made from an old Daffy Duck cartoon, it is one of the funniest I have seen in a long time. But, many any of the old one are my faves, like Centurions, Pirates of Dark Water, and Looney Toons.

Go Cartoons!!!

Ooh, I forgot Duck Dodgers. I was gonna check it out when I heard there was gonna be a Duck Dodgers /Green Lantern (Hal Jordan, not Kyle , and not Jon from the Justice League) crossover. DD somehow gets ahold of Hal's uniform (and the GL ring of course ) ..in a laundry mat. I forgot which villan Dodgers had to stop from doing...whatever evil thing he was about to do. lol

I almost forgot about Simpsons. And Jonhy Bravo is cool, too_Oh, by the way, speakin of Bravo, word on he-man.org is that there might be a live-action Jonhy Bravo movie made. Oh yeaah, baby..if done right, it'd be sooo pretty *strikes a pose* HUAH!

cartoons

Ah, cartoons! Ya just gotta love'em. Where else can the main character do ANYTHING he/she/it wishes? I personally have always, and will continue to be a fan of all animation (especially japanimation! "Vampire Hunter D" and "Ninja Scrolls" RULE!)

Synestro, and he was trying to stop him from re-creating the cosmos in his own image. :p

I watch waaaaaaaay too much T.V.

Re: cartoons

BrotherLust said:
Ah, cartoons! Ya just gotta love'em. Where else can the main character do ANYTHING he/she/it wishes?

In the 60's Batman tv series? :p

"Alright, Robin, here's the plan: on my signal, you distract the bad guys and I'll pull this week's most ridiculous bat-gadget out of my ass and save the day, like usual"

:D

I love cartoons, there the greatest! I like invader zim, recess, yu-gi-oh (animated, not cartoon), kim possible and alot more!

yesterday, i think, someone posted a dragonquest clip on tickletheater, can some one send me the link please!

I love cartoons (especially anime). Here are my favourites:
Captain Tsubasa: Road to 2002
Gundam Wing
X-Men: Evolution
Dexter's Laboratory
Record of Lodoss War
Slayers
Lord of the Rings (by Ralph Bakshi)
Iria

so...What do you think?

JLA is pretty cool I like that one episode (hour long I think) where they were back in World War 2
Love the older Looney Tunes
Woody Woodpecker
Danger Mouse
Rocky and Bullwinkle
Speed Racer
Star Blazers
The older Spiderman cartoons The ones from the sixties
The DC heroes cartoons from the sixties as well A lot of those cartoons (DC heroes) had Ted Knight as a main voice He usually did the narration

Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Brak Show, Home Movies. Futurama, Family Guy,(Adult Swim on Cartoon Network kicks ass!) The Simpsons, Ren & Stimpy, Spongebob. No offense to any anime fans...but...I HATE ANIME!

Oh god I LOVE those. Except Sponge Bob. :p
I really like Sea Lab on adult Swim. I think that one is hilarious. :p And I also really really like Home Movies. Adult Swim indeed kicks ass

-> michal

Bakshi's LotR has been crushed by critics. Same fate of his previous cartoon movie, Fire and Ice.

Personally I like them. And I think they've been cornerstones, under their own fashion.

-> all

Since I'm prolly older than you, my fav series where the first japan anime broadcasted in italy.

Those where the Go Nagai's robots:
Goldrake [you might know it as Grendizer]
Great Mazinger and Mazinger Z [Tranzor in UK]
Steel Robot Jeeg.

Really liked the old Masters of the Universe series.
Had all the figures. :D :D :D
Don't know much about the present version.

And, as they come to mind...

Lucky Luke - old and new version.
Buzzlightyear.
Cowboy Bebop.
Chicken and Cow.
Samurai Jack.
Rupan Sansei / Lupin 3rd.

Prolly more, but I don't get to see toons like I used to do.
I'd suggest you to watch the mini-series Go Nagai's crazy world. It was funny.

Reg's!

interesting

It is far better instead of watching stupid shows on tv. :)
I like those ones :
The Pink Panther - Wacky races - as if cartoon Wallace and Gromit - The Simpsons - Tex Avery - Animaniacs. There are too many :D hopefully

i love adult swim. i wish they make more great harvey birdman episodes like the one with the super friends in it. also aqua teen is a good comedy. the simpsons are the best but for quick raunvhy laughs the south park toons are good. also jhonny bravo is the man. when will they make more bravo? i love this toon because i feel his pain of lonliness. i also like how cool johnny bravo is. if you want to go classic scooby doo is awesome. bugs and road runner rule as well! the orignal transformers was pretty good and i liked starblazers as well. now it mainly the simpsons and adult swim i watch. the aqua teens, family guy, birdman, home movies, and others are dynomite!

LOL, even as a child I never much liked the 'toons piped in from Amercian Forces TV.

I do watch "King of the Hill" occasionally if nothing else is on :D The episode with the Buddhist monks was downright beautiful and a surprisingly accurate and respectful portrayal of Thai Buddhism.

MistressValerie said:
I do watch "King of the Hill" occasionally if nothing else is on :D The episode with the Buddhist monks was downright beautiful and a surprisingly accurate and respectful portrayal of Thai Buddhism.

Valerie,

About the only time I watch "King Of The Hill" *is* when nothing else is on. That's not really fair, I guess, because I have seen some clever shows on there before. I really just can't seem to get past the rough-looking drawings. I prefer smooth, cute characters who are nevertheless foul-mouthed bastards.

Gimme "The Simpsons", "Family Guy", "South Park", "Futurama", "The Critic", "Dr. Katz" (and that other squiggly cartoon with Paula Poundstone I can't recall-- wait, "Home Movies", I think). I'm not completely cynical, though. I actually OWN "A Charlie Brown Christmas" on DVD and watch it every year.

"Ug! I've been kissed by a dog! I have dog germs! Get some hot water! Get some disinfectant! Get some iodine!"

Jayd

What's New

5/3/2024
If you need to report a post, click the report button to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back