• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Who was the best basketball player ever

dan182

TMF Poster
So I wanna know who u thin was the best basketball player ever and why ? I played basketball in high school and college I was like Dennis ridden always getting the rebounds and was gonna try and M it to the NBA sadly I tore my ACL and wreck my knee so that dream ended but u still love basketball , I know Ali of people will say LeBron James is the new Micheal Jordan but LeBron James can't do the stuff Michael Jordan did (sorry for long rant) so for me I would have to say that pistol Pete was the best basketball player ever

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Interesting topic. But you will never get a consensus on who was the best ever. It might be easier to narrow it down by position or era. Like Bill Russell or Wilt Chamberlin might be considered the best big man ever, while Pistol Pete or Magic Johnson might be the best point guards, and Kobe, LeBron and MJ are considered some of the best shooting guards. All are great players, all had different abilities and functions on the court.

I just think there are too many variables for me to feel confident saying "so and so" is the best player ever. Plus I think it's a weird filter by which we judge players. But for the sake of discussion I'll throw out some names, that should at least be considered as some of the best (in no particular order.)

1. Bill Russell
2. Julius Irving
3. Michael Jordan
4. Larry Bird
5. Magic Johnson
6. LeBron James
7. Kobe Bryan
8. Wilt Chamberlin
9. Pistol Pete
10. Allen Iverson
11. Steph Curry
12. Tim Duncan
13. Kareem Abdul Jabar
14. Jerry West
15. Robert Parrish

Interesting topic. But you will never get a consensus on who was the best ever. It might be easier to narrow it down by position or era. Like Bill Russell or Wilt Chamberlin might be considered the best big man ever, while Pistol Pete or Magic Johnson might be the best point guards, and Kobe, LeBron and MJ are considered some of the best shooting guards. All are great players, all had different abilities and functions on the court.

I just think there are too many variables for me to feel confident saying "so and so" is the best player ever. Plus I think it's a weird filter by which we judge players. But for the sake of discussion I'll throw out some names, that should at least be considered as some of the best (in no particular order.)

1. Bill Russell
2. Julius Irving
3. Michael Jordan
4. Larry Bird
5. Magic Johnson
6. LeBron James
7. Kobe Bryan
8. Wilt Chamberlin
9. Pistol Pete
10. Allen Iverson
11. Steph Curry
12. Tim Duncan
13. Kareem Abdul Jabar
14. Jerry West
15. Robert Parrish

George Mikan should be added to this list. He played for the Lakers when they were in Minneapolis. He was so dominant during his playing career, about 10 years before Wilt Chamberlin, that the NBA made rule changes. Among them, the introduction of the shot clock, the widening of the lane, and most influential, goaltending rules.

Barbershopman

Michael Jordan all day

His flu game better than most of today's best games

George Mikan should be added to this list. He played for the Lakers when they were in Minneapolis. He was so dominant during his playing career, about 10 years before Wilt Chamberlin, that the NBA made rule changes. Among them, the introduction of the shot clock, the widening of the lane, and most influential, goaltending rules.

Barbershopman

I'll be sure to read up on him. Thanks for the suggestion!

Easily Jordan. I saw the man play at least a hundred times. My dad had season tickets from 87-98 and took me to games all the time. It was truly magic watching him on the court. Throw in Scottie Pippen too and nobody is beating them. Check out the old Bulls videos on youtube. Its like watching an all star team playing against little kids.

What's New

5/11/2024
The TMF Art and Story Archives collect some of our communities best creators work in one place!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back