• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Why is it fun to embarrass people?

pseudonym

TMF Regular
Why do so many (probably most) of us find it fun to embarrass other people? Or just watch them being embarrassed? We all know it's not fun being on the receiving end (even if we manage to be a "good sport" about it).

Why do so many (probably most) of us find it fun to embarrass other people? Or just watch them being embarrassed? We all know it's not fun being on the receiving end (even if we manage to be a "good sport" about it).

I don't do shit like that. What is simple embarrassment in your mind might feel like humiliation in theirs and you could possibly traumatize them. I have friends who suffer from anxiety attacks because someone was just messing around.

I find the verbal teasing humiliation aspect of tickling hot

If we're talking about tickling, then I agree but that means this should be in ticking discussion lol I love saying what I'm going to do to her and her knowing there is nothing she can do about it.

Last edited:
Some people build themselves up by putting other people down. Embarrassing them is one way to do that.

It is not an attractive trait and I don't engage in it.

I think some inserted a negative vibe here without realizing. If we are talking general playful teasing, i know many on both sides that enjoy that.

I think some inserted a negative vibe here without realizing. If we are talking general playful teasing, i know many on both sides that enjoy that.
Yes, verbal teasing and taunting in a tickling session is fine. :D

I kid around with my friends, we trade friendly barbs from time to time. But to deliberately embarrass them in front of other people? That's no an act of friendship in my book.

That being said, on the TMF, though most are cool, there are some few know-it-alls and arrogant SOB's that I will take every opportunity to pubicly embarrass.

It's just a simple way to make yourself feel like you're ahead of people. Look what happened with youtube and the whole revolution of "drama" videos about each other. No point in trying to follow what they're talking about because they create non-issues into "cringe", insert a ton of click bait, and ensure with ten minute long videos you'll waste your time.

If you're just playing around/teasing, in a general or sexual sense, without any ill intent, that kinda thing is a lot of fun, as long as no one's feelings are genuinely hurt.
Otherwise, I don't take any pleasure in embarrassing people; even the unpleasant ones end up doing it to themselves.

Some people build themselves up by putting other people down. Embarrassing them is one way to do that.

It is not an attractive trait and I don't engage in it.

Yet you responded (the only response, so far) to this thread of mine ...

http://www.ticklingforum.com/showthread.php?279944-Cute-cheerleader-pranked

... and called it "amusing". It's a prank. An embarrassing prank. The girl crawls out of the foam pit with a red face and forced I'll-be-a-good-sport-about-this smile (if a cheerleader can't do that, who can?). If you look closely, though, she's got fire in her eyes. She's not pleased at being scared, embarrassed, and laughed at.

Even though she put the clip up on her own youtube channel.

Note that everyone in the room was complicit in making sure she wasn't prematurely woken, and apparently everyone laughed at her.

Yet you responded (the only response, so far) to this thread of mine ...
http://www.ticklingforum.com/showthread.php?279944-Cute-cheerleader-pranked
... and called it "amusing". It's a prank. An embarrassing prank. The girl crawls out of the foam pit with a red face and forced I'll-be-a-good-sport-about-this smile (if a cheerleader can't do that, who can?). If you look closely, though, she's got fire in her eyes. She's not pleased at being scared, embarrassed, and laughed at.
Even though she put the clip up on her own youtube channel.
Note that everyone in the room was complicit in making sure she wasn't prematurely woken, and apparently everyone laughed at her.

WTF is it with people posting threads that end up being complaints that people didn't respond to another thread they posted?

Power dynamics are probably at the root, whether sexualized or not, or both find it pleasurable or not. I don't think it's a bad thing. It's situational.

Why does everyone associate embarrassment with teasing? Two different sets of definitions.

Either way, most people can't embarrass others worse than they can embarrass themselves.

I find that there is a very fine line between teasing someone who has made a slight mistake and outright public shaming (which can ruin LIVES).

What's New

5/10/2024
Our Welcome forum has a place for you to introduce yourself. Say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back