• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Why is it...

Mash

TMF Master
...that these forums are so dead?

Now, I have an account of the TMF as well, and that's all find and dandy, but I really enjoy posting on these forums more. I know the people here a lot better, and I think it's a lot less likely that I'll be called a left-wing, baby killing, muslim hugging, godless, radical carpet bomber here. =\

(No, I haven't actually been given that title yet, but I'm sure it's on the horizon somewhere.)

Personally, I believe that I have an aura of bad luck that effects everything I touch. :lol Hopefully that's just nonsense, though.

The advent of FetLife.com...everyone went there instead.

I think TT has the biggest army of lurkers ever, myself included. I guess people just don't feel like posting much, usually.

See the Tower of Gargalesis thread for an example of how active this forum can be though. And even when not much gets posted, I still feel much more at home here than at the TMF.

It's funny you say Fetlife Camel~ I don't really see a lot of discussion there for tickling enthusiasts either. x3 It's definitely a healthy community~ maybe I just don't know where to look.

You guys are totally right on the lurking, I see a lot of people logged in but~ hey, if nobody wants to speak then what can you do? x3 The TMF has a lot more conversation, but I find the environment drier and far less organic. TT had a very youthful and energetic vibe years ago~ but we're all a bit older and careful about what we say and who we say it to...

Also, for a lot of you, you've built a lot of relationships over the years that no longer need to be satisfied in public settings with Skype and IM's and the like~ I know once I'm done with a forum, I tend to link up most closely with a handful of people that I cared about the most on Facebook and the like~ the need to be out in the open is lessened once you've found good friends. <3

Which is bad for newer faces like Mash and I of course~ but you can only keep trying and talking and build something of your own. x3

~

Also, there really needs to be something that keys people together, a common goal on forums to have them thrive. It's one of the reasons I'd love the RP board to be more prominent, as I find the Stories forum to be having less writers week after week. If you see the Tickle Fight thread, people ARE constantly posting~ they want to share. They want to talk tickling. They want to enjoy the forum and connect with people~ but they do need a stage for it. :3

Last edited:
Well, it's not that I don't have IM's that I use to communicate...but it's that you CAN use both. Mainly for the scenarios when you would like to have a wholesome discussion of something with someone that you wouldn't be comfortable with adding to an IM, or when you would like a group of collective opinions on a subject.

And again, there's the TMF...but to be honest I really just go on there to push people's buttons. Everyone is so painfully serious all the time that it's too easy.

Wasn't always like that back in the day~ but I spent way too much time on the TMF when I could have been posting here. At the time it just felt like I wanted to pursue more adult topics~ and it seemed like the TMF had a more rooted community than TT's zaniness~

Now I wish I had ignored my instincts and come here instead~ I look through old threads here and it's so full of spark. x3

I'm glad you started posting here more tho Mash~ even though you joined forever ago, I've seen a lot more interest here recently from you. I don't post as much as I'd want~ but there really isn't always a place for it. :)

I don't really understand it either, but I do like the atmosphere here better than TMF for some reason. And lurkers lurk. I lurked for a while, not posting. Sometimes people need a good reason to come out. We can only provide the impetus for it by posting cool stuff like I always do. You left-wing, baby killing, Muslim hugging, godless, radical carpet bomber here. Wait, why a carpet bomber? That one doesn't fit.

Well, I'm in league with the terrorists, of course!

Inverse said:
I'm glad you started posting here more tho Mash~ even though you joined forever ago, I've seen a lot more interest here recently from you. I don't post as much as I'd want~ but there really isn't always a place for it.

Yeah, I think my first actual post was somewhere last October. Up until then I had just had no real incentive to delve into the community.

hmm all depends on how people feel and are i guess , or just lurking till the next best fem lee show up with a threat asking for a tickle chat.

I myself haven't been active on all sorts of forums realy , just posting now and then if i wonna say something thats on my mind or if i wonna say/ask something.

I'm more of a lurker, but I'm always around. ;3

Dec 2006 and 10 Posts. Even more of a lurker than myself! But damn I have'ta say TT has some pretty devoted lurkers!

*long-standing lurker high five* xD

Wow Diskettesa, that's some amazing lurking. <3 I have to ask~ why do you visit the forum? Even while I lurked, it's so slow~ I almost feel like I have to participate just to get it to have content. x3 You have some some amazing willpower~

Hiya!

I used to be much more active here. I then found myself in a relationship, and he was only mildly ticklish, but he let me tickle him.

Thought we were going to be premanent, but we broke up, and then I couldn't be here, as I would get upset over the fact that I didn't have anyone to tickle any more.

Now, I have other forums and Facebook that keep me busy, but I still come here.

Dec 2006 and 10 Posts. Even more of a lurker than myself! But damn I have'ta say TT has some pretty devoted lurkers!

*long-standing lurker high five* xD

Hehe~ *returns the high five*
I'm a pro. ;3

Wow Diskettesa, that's some amazing lurking. <3 I have to ask~ why do you visit the forum? Even while I lurked, it's so slow~ I almost feel like I have to participate just to get it to have content. x3 You have some some amazing willpower~

Hehe, I'm glad you think so.:]
The people are friendly, most posts are interesting or fun to read, and there are comics and even RPGs here.
I'm a member of other tickle forums, but this one is my favorite.
I haven't visited the other ones in a long time, actually.
I'm just not much of a poster, really.

Well~ glad you you popped out and said hi at least~ got your post count to 11. x3 Nyehe~ and your avy is pretty.

What other tickle forums do you know about, I know of the ATF and TMF~ but if there's more that'd be awesome. ^_^

Well~ glad you you popped out and said hi at least~ got your post count to 11. x3 Nyehe~ and your avy is pretty.

What other tickle forums do you know about, I know of the ATF and TMF~ but if there's more that'd be awesome. ^_^

Hehe, aw, yours is too~ :3
Those are the ones I know of too.
Fetlife has tickle groups, but they aren't as fun as this site~ <3

It's like with any major change, right now we're just in the switch over from the old posters of yester-year to the newbies and emerging lurkers. Hopefully more fresh blood pops up soon and the forum revives.

I'd rather have a smaller, slower forum with better people like we have here at TT. I'm another of those "muslim-loving, baby-killing liberals" that the TMF seems to hate. And, like the OP, sometimes it's fun just to push a few buttons with things called....wait for it...FACTS...but that gets old when you just read the same old responses all the time. Funny thing is, when I was a Mod there, we actually used to...ummm...mod the politics sub-forum to keep stuff like that out, but now the TMF is relatively unmoderated while the "Mods" only poke in from time to time from their Facebook accounts as smaller and smaller exclusive groups get created.

Anyhoo...forums will be what they are and you have to take each for just that. This one may be smaller, but the general mindset is far more to my liking, and the liking of what seems to be the more easy-going in the community.

Yeah, I think alot has to do with the ever-changing nature of communication. There are more social-networking avenues than ever these days.

In my own case, a little background is probably in order. When I first landed online in the late 90's, I hit the TMF, and had a fine time for years there. I actually wanted to join here, but at the time, something about the security I had in place (or whatever) wouldn't let me browse here properly. I would have liked to have made it on for the heyday, but it was not to be. I was like a kid staring into a closed candy shop window. I've learned my way around things much better since then, although I still hassle with some technical aspects at times.

The big thing for me, though? When I started out online, I was working graveyard shift. As anyone who works it will tell you, there's just not a helluva lot else to do when you're off and up at 4am, and the Net is a great way to blow that oddball time-frame. Afew years ago, I tried going back to school to get out of retail once and for all. It allowed me to go to daytime hours, and, while I didn't make it through the demanding RN course curriculum, I have stayed on days.
So, here I am, most of my 20's and all of my 30's having been on the overnight. I'm basically playing catch-up these days. It's like a man let out of prison or something almost. I'm thrilled to do simple stuff outside, so we go visit local places and such and I'm just alot more involved in other things than the Net.

That all said, I'll probably always be around my beloved Theater with little tidbits of things I find or do or whatever, but I'm just busy playing catch-up on life at the moment.

It's like a man let out of prison or something almost. I'm thrilled to do simple stuff outside, so we go visit local places and such and I'm just alot more involved in other things than the Net.

Yeah, I often notice that as spring and summer come along, most forums slow down and when the colder weather comes back, the forums get busier.

Until October or so when the forums die down again, someone brings that up, and gets told that they always slow down around the holidays, and they'll be active again come spring, of course. ;)

Yeah, I often notice that as spring and summer come along, most forums slow down and when the colder weather comes back, the forums get busier.

Yeah, except that in my case, the past nearly two years since school have been a tremendous sort of "catch-up" on things that most probably take for granted. All due to the years of nocturnal living my jobs required of me.

Ironically, most of my overnight years I didn't even HAVE internet access at my fingertips.

But anyway, as a for-instance of why I love our little place, the "Science/Religion"-thread's been going for quite a long while with only the briefest moments of genuine antipathy. While it's not the kind of topic I tend to wanna dive into, it's a credit to the parties involved that it hasn't been shut down for total flame wars already, as that sort of discussion tends to lead to.

Yet another thing that has affected who knows how many regulars(here and likely everywhere online) is the dubious worldwide economy. I can't speak for our overseas posters, but I know a whole slew of people in United States meatspace who've had to deal with all sorts of serious life disruptions, from job-loss to losing their homes to simply having to cut back somewhere, with things like the Net taking a hit. I'm happy to be weathering things as well as I am, but alot of folks out there are hurting.

Come to think of it, there IS something that I have been noticing with myself and online life: A genuine generational disconnect with the majority of users anymore. As a for-instance: While video games hit the arcades while I was in high school, I've never bothered with them at home. Ever. That is almost unimaginable to most anyone here, I'd wager. Ditto for things like Japanese anime and much other pop-culture of the past decade or two. It's gone right under my radar. I almost never know what-the-fuck you are after when you ask one of the artists to oblige your whim to see such-n'-such game/cartoon beings in a rendering, kids. Would it kill you to mention what show/game they are from? Maybe even Google up a sample image of the character you want them to work from?

To give credit to the current generation - most usually get the references I throw out. It's eerily cool how tapped-in the 20-somethings are these days. It's gotta feel like total info-overload to some.

But not many here are gonna immediately be on the same page when I declare how much I'd love seeing Raquel Welch, Sophia Loren, Bridgett Bardot, and others in a tickling scenario, meanwhile I can only get so enthused for most of the anime crop that fits the bill for the majority of the forum.

Dang whipersnappers! :15:

but not many here are gonna immediately be on the same page when i declare how much i'd love seeing raquel welch, sophia loren, bridgett bardot, and others in a tickling scenario, meanwhile i can only get so enthused for most of the anime crop that fits the bill for the majority of the forum.

Dang whipersnappers! :15:

lol lol

What's New

6/4/2024
Check out the TMF Gathering Forums. See who is meeting where and when!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back