• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Will you re-live 9/11 on cnn.com this Sept.11th?

socksoff

TMF Expert
So,CNN.com will be showing the CNN coverage of 9/11 "As it Happened" in its entirety from 8:30am to Midnight this September 11th.Will you be going on-line?

Nope. I see enough misery at the hospital every day, I don't want to relive other peoples nightmares on my downtime. :D

XOXO

personally no. i feel no need to relive that day. personally i think they just shove all this 9/11 crap at us every month with shows like "the ironworkers of 9/11" and now they wanna show the whole day as it was. personally i think it is sick. i also consider myself a part of the 9/11 Truth Movement since i dont beleive the official story in the first place but i dont want to get into a big years old debate about it

I saw the whole thing on live television, as it happened. I remember people jumping to their deaths to avoid being burned alive. I remember seeing firefighters, paramedics, and police officers rush to the scene only to have countless thousands of tons of debris fall on them. I remember watching on live television as thousands of people died in a senseless act of violence. The memory alone is terribly unpleasant... I certainly have no desire to watch it all over again.

Personally, I still recall the events of that day with eerie clarity and feel no need to dredge up memories of those that suffered. Let the dead rest in peace....it seems to me like the network is exploiting their suffering to gain ratings...but then again I'm quite a cynical gent.

I refuse to watch this. Like most every other American, I watched this as it happened. It was a true tragedy and the horror of it is still etched in my brain. CNN should be ashamed of themselves to air that sort of thing again. Is this supposed to rally us to get us behind the war or something? It's sick to show this again. Hell, even that fat tub of crap, Michael Moore, had the decency to not show that in Farenheit 9/11. Fuck CNN.

What a crock...

Seeing as how the entire event was staged and rehearsed down to the last minute detail, NO I will NOT be watching such a farcical display of a supposed human tragedy.

My hat's of to Hollywood though. :wavingguy :bouncybou

Cheers.

asutickler said:
I saw the whole thing on live television, as it happened. I remember people jumping to their deaths to avoid being burned alive. I remember seeing firefighters, paramedics, and police officers rush to the scene only to have countless thousands of tons of debris fall on them. I remember watching on live television as thousands of people died in a senseless act of violence. The memory alone is terribly unpleasant... I certainly have no desire to watch it all over again.

yes what asutickler said...

But the next question is, how many of you watched the 1-year anniversaries on Katrina?
I will watch it, as I watched the Katrina stuff over the past few days.
I have no problem in watching those things. I can put it into context.
But those that cant watch it, I understand. I have no problem with that, just interested if you watched the Katrina remberences, and if so, why Katrina and not 9/11?

Rob

I remember watching it on the telly as well. At first I thought it was a film or something, then some sort of piss-take that Sky News were staging, then suddenly it's on all the telly channels and the presenters on all the other channels are telling me to switch to Sky News. Why would you want to relive it?

If it were a true memorial to those who died on 9/11, then I would watch....but showing the event and rebroadcasting the coverage in it''s entirety is just another ratings grabbing gimmick by the news media that I refuse to participate in......

CNN has slipped quite a ways in recent years.....

Rob because i've already seen the 9/11 almost every year of the anniversary and don't feel the need to watch again...however Katrina was just last year so i will watch that...but if they continue to show it every anniversary i won't...

Rob because i've already seen the 9/11 almost every year of the anniversary and don't feel the need to watch again...however Katrina was just last year so i will watch that...but if they continue to show it every anniversary i won't...
Good answer Izzy. I can certainly understand that.

Rob

I will not watch the Katrina aniversary footage either. As I said in my previous post I believe showing the footage again reeks of exploitation to gain ratings. We all know what happened on 9/11 and with the Katrina disaster, there is no need to gawk at other's misery....sorry to be so blunt.

I also think of the families who lost everything in the hurricane and how they would feel. I know if I was in their predicament and discovered the networks were re-airing the footage...my mind would hearken back to olden days of carnival hucksters heckling passerby to pay 2 bits a gander to view the disturbing.

I would also like to make clear I have no qualms with anyone who disagrees with me....just my thoughts on the matter is all.

Who needs CNN?

I visited the WTC site over Christmas 2001. I make my own experiences, and require no media filtering or timelines.

I have to use up some vacation time, and where I once wanted to do something cheerier, it looks like that's not going to happen. So, I'll probably do my own tour of all three crash sites for the first time, over about 4-5 days. That'll still leave me time to get out to Ohio and have a look around Darke County to sate my own curiosity in totally unrelated matters.

NAW until we find Osama Bin Laden what us will it do? just piss me off again that we're everywhere but looing for this knucklehead

well there will be no hiding from the media coverage that day, but i will most certainly NOT watch the actual event again, i think that is in poor taste and extremely disrespectful of the survivors and families of victims. the world is a different place now because of that day, and i dont think any of us should ever forget it, but i see no need to "re-live" it every year. what i would like to see is a show on the redevelopement and reconstruction of that area of new york, and where they are going with that....

What's New

5/11/2024
The TMF Art and Story Archives collect some of our communities best creators work in one place!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back