• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

windows 8

johnjo

4th Level Yellow Feather
I have 2 new computers both windows 8 and neither will upload to the files part of this site to enable me to post pics.
the icon goes round and round to say its uploading but nothing happens. any troubleshooting ideas.
jj

This sounds like an issue that will need a fix from the forum software people. I'll see if they have issued a patch for it.

If you still have a system operating under an older version of windows at hand, you may need to use that to upload til the issue is patched. I'm sorry for the difficulties.

Myriads.

No I'm afraid other pc s have gone. Just tried to upload to another site and it worked as do my emails so prob must be tmf end.
Thanks jj

hi.
have borrowed a windows xplaptop and managed to upload without a problem using my internet. therefore the problem must be a windows 8 glitch. any ideas. jj

I have Win8 Pro and I have not had any issues. What browser are you using?

On Google, same as always. Its odd because I can upload to any forum but this one from both my windows 8 machines.

Odds are it's a problem specific to the Win8+The forum software. It will need to be patched by the forum developers. I'll get a bug report submitted.

Myriads

There are a few different ways to upload. I think the default uploader in vBulletin 4 uses a heap of Javascript to work. You may have better luck with the basic uploader. To use it, open the attachments window as normal. Look for the "Add Files" button in the upper right. Click it, and there should be a "Basic Uploader" link in the new mini-box. Click that, and try uploading that way.

yeah its the basic uploader that I always use and that's what isn't working.
and it appears differently than it did before. the window is the same but it doesn't ay basic uploader. you can browse the same then select the file then pless upload and the upload box then sloed off the page as if its been disguarded and there is no progress line either.
hope this helps. jj

That's odd, but if the basic uploader does not work and the TMF seems the only place, it might suggest a solution. Did uploading ever work with these computers?

What browser have you tried this in? I would suggest trying a different one just to see if it changes things.

These are both new computers but browser is the same as I always used.
Google. They upload to other sites no problem.

So, did uploading ever work here? If it never did, that leads me one way. If it did, that leads another.

I'd still suggest trying in another browser (even Internet Explorer) to see if that corrects it. If it does, that suggests more ways.

never had a problem before these new computers. changed from google to bing and neither will allow me to upload.
really frustrating lol.

Google and Bing are search engines, not web browsers. Do you know what web browser you're using? It's probably Internet Explorer, right? The one with the little blue e?

hi yes it is explorer.
i'm sure I've always used that.
jj

Maybe try google chrome I had the same problem when I switched to windows 8 but I changed my browser to chrome and works fine also firefox works ok as well.

Well something happened. Seems to be working ok now. Thanks guys.

What's New

5/9/2024
If you need to report a post, the report button is to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back