• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

witnessed a kid get hit by a car

maniactickler

Verified
On my way home from work, a few hundred feet ahead of me, i see something flying over a car. it looked like a bunch of clothes flying everywhere. i said to myself, i sure hope thats not a person or hes probably dead. turns out it was a young kid about 12. as i pulled up to the scene, he was up and started walking, but then held his chest and dropped to the ground. he was hardly breathing and seemed fairly alert, but who knows, he could have had internal injuries. it was just pretty scary at first, seeing him flying through the air like a rag doll. surreal. kinda leaves an empty pit in your stomach. hopefully he will be alright. must be those young resilient bones. if that was me, id be busted up into a million pieces. :wowzer:

:eek:
You were driving home from work, and a child flew over a car after being struck? Oh my god!
What kind of road were you on? Was he riding a bike, or walking?
Gosh, I hope he is alright.

:eek:
You were driving home from work, and a child flew over a car after being struck? Oh my god!
What kind of road were you on? Was he riding a bike, or walking?
Gosh, I hope he is alright.

I guess from what the guy who hit him said, he just ran out in front of the car, he didnt see him it happened so fast. it was on a highly travelled road. speed limit was 40. i dont think the guy was going that fast though, or the kid would have been much worse.

well good god maniac...is he ok?

I have no idea. im not a doctor, bur he didnt seem to be in any huge amount of pain, but theres always internal damage that could have happened. ill check the paper today, but i doubt there will be any details.

Maniac I do hope this youngster is ok and sorry you had to see that. This reminds me of the time a few years ago I was on the subway going to work and as the train pulled out the station I heard several people start screaming.
The train came to a sudden halt before it left the station completely and there was utter silence for several minutes as we waited for the doors to open and see what happened. From the looks on the faces of the people outside the train I knew this was not good. Finally the doors opened and a young asian girl apparently bent down to pick up a book she dropped and was caught by the moving train and was dragged down the platform several feet to the horror of people standing on the platform. She was alive and still awake thank goodness but one leg was horribly mangled. I went to work that day and burst into tears outside the office when I saw a friend, this was a few days after 9/11 and people were very much still on edge plus I was out drinking the night before so I was in no emotional state to see somthing like this. The next day the story was in the papers as to what happened to this poor girl and I showed it to my boss. We contemplated sending her flowers but we never did. Maybe we should have.

Maniac I do hope this youngster is ok and sorry you had to see that. This reminds me of the time a few years ago I was on the subway going to work and as the train pulled out the station I heard several people start screaming.
The train came to a sudden halt before it left the station completely and there was utter silence for several minutes as we waited for the doors to open and see what happened. From the looks on the faces of the people outside the train I knew this was not good. Finally the doors opened and a young asian girl apparently bent down to pick up a book she dropped and was caught by the moving train and was dragged down the platform several feet to the horror of people standing on the platform. She was alive and still awake thank goodness but one leg was horribly mangled. I went to work that day and burst into tears outside the office when I saw a friend, this was a few days after 9/11 and people were very much still on edge plus I was out drinking the night before so I was in no emotional state to see somthing like this. The next day the story was in the papers as to what happened to this poor girl and I showed it to my boss. We contemplated sending her flowers but we never did. Maybe we should have.

Hi Brian,
That sounds like a terrible experience. I don't know what I would have done if I had been on the train that day. Was there ever any news about the girl afterwards?

Sorry you had to go through that, maniac. But keep in mind, the kid had it coming.

If he honestly doesn't know that he's not supposed to run into a street without checking to see if there's traffic coming, he deserved to be hit. And he deserved to be in pain. Hopefully that pain will serve as a poignant reminder to him next time he takes his life into his hands and contemplates placing himself in the trajectory of a 1.5ton+ moving object.

Moron.

By the time I was 12 I had already been hit by a car for doing the same thing; riding my bike out into the street from between two parked cars without looking first. I was hit by a white Pontiac. I flew off my bike (the wheel was bent, too) and landed on my belly. I had a nasty scrape on my tummy but that was all. I learned my lesson. Never once since then have I done anything so stupid.

Sorry you had to go through that, maniac. But keep in mind, the kid had it coming.

If he honestly doesn't know that he's not supposed to run into a street without checking to see if there's traffic coming, he deserved to be hit. And he deserved to be in pain. Hopefully that pain will serve as a poignant reminder to him next time he takes his life into his hands and contemplates placing himself in the trajectory of a 1.5ton+ moving object.

Moron.

By the time I was 12 I had already been hit by a car for doing the same thing; riding my bike out into the street from between two parked cars without looking first. I was hit by a white Pontiac. I flew off my bike (the wheel was bent, too) and landed on my belly. I had a nasty scrape on my tummy but that was all. I learned my lesson. Never once since then have I done anything so stupid.

Dude, what the fuck is wrong with you? He deserves to get hit by a car? He's 12! You aren't exactly an expert at judging situations when you're 12. We don't know what happened there that day and when things like this happen, the first thing people say is "He came out of nowhere!"

I sure hope you never have kids, Viper.

Moron.

I agree with the last post do you have any idea what your saying? Are you for real?

Hi Brian,
That sounds like a terrible experience. I don't know what I would have done if I had been on the train that day. Was there ever any news about the girl afterwards?

Thanks Helena, and the only news I know of is what I read in the paper the next day regarding this young lady. Sorry to say I did no follow up and I feel guilty that I should have. Im hopeful that to this day she is ok and well.

Nice response, giggle. Many happy and friendly wishes to you, too.

Let me explain some of my thinking.

I was raised in a city. Bustling, busy streets, traffic that never obeys the speed limits, and people that were too concerned with getting where they needed to be on time to worry about anyone who might get in their way. As a result, I needed to learn very quickly how to NOT die while walking to school, playing outside, or just heading to the store to get milk for my mother. Therefore, when my mother told me not run into the street without looking both ways first, and I didn't listen, I found out the hard way why I should have paid attention. I disregarded what my mother told me, and did exactly what she told me not to do, and I was hit by a car. Any injury I would have incurred would have been something I deserved, and I defy any of you to dispute my logic.

As a result of this experience, my perspective on this particular topic is thus: the child in question is obviously old enough to know the difference between right and wrong (after all, the supposed age of reason is seven years old, and this make sense to me), and unless they were fleeing something that was directly threatening their life, limbs, or eyesight, or were rushing to the aid of someone else who was threatened as such, they should have known that running into the middle of a vehicular road could have threatened their well being.

If the child is mentally retarded, or if the driver was drunk and swerving off the road, I could make an exception. but as the story was described in this thread, it sounds like the kid just had a lapse of common sense and needed to get banged up a little bit to make sure they remember next time.

As I said before, I would have expected no less if I were in a similar situation. Furthermore, if and when I do have children, and they get struck by a car at the age of twelve, I will lovingly nurse them back to health, all the while saying, "That's what you get for not listening to me, kiddo."

My mother raised me by laying down rules and regulations, and when I stepped outside of those bounds, I found out the hard way why they were in place, either by her hand or by a direct result of my actions. As far as I am concerned, that's how the next generation of my family will learn as well.

On the other hand, if the kid's parents did NOT teach them that running into a busy street might be a bad idea, they shouldn't have procreated in the first place.

Darwin, behold.

Dude, what the fuck is wrong with you? He deserves to get hit by a car? He's 12! You aren't exactly an expert at judging situations when you're 12. We don't know what happened there that day and when things like this happen, the first thing people say is "He came out of nowhere!"

I sure hope you never have kids, Viper.

So you're back then, son?

For what it's worth IAWTC. There's little excuse for hitting pedestrians. When I was learning to drive I was told that the only real excuse for hitting a pedestrian is if he falls out of the sky and lands in front of the car because if that doesn't happen then they didn't "come out of nowhere", they came from the roadside. Everyone who taught me to drive told me that if you see them mingling about on the edge of the road then you need to slow down for them and remain alert to the fact they're there, especially if they're 12 year old kids because kids don't have the same sense of danger that adults do and routinely run out in front of cars. I remember doing it myself when I was a kid and I'm sure everyone else whose childhood didn't consist of being bummed with a hoover whilst locked in a basement will have done it as well.

The only answer is to start making kids out of concrete. You'll soon fucking slow down for them then, won't you?

i once broke away from my mom when i was a wee lass...and ran out in the middle of a very busy street...i believe i got a spanking for that..after i was safely back that is..

i once broke away from my mom when i was a wee lass...and ran out in the middle of a very busy street...i believe i got a spanking for that..after i was safely back that is..

Tell me, did you ever run out in the middle of the street again?

As for headsnap's comment, I'm not saying that either party would be free of responsibility. I am sure the driver could have been more careful, but no one is perfect. Neither is any child at the age of 12, or any age for that matter. The point is, people need to pay more attention, and if they don't they deserve to pay for the consequences of their actions.

As for headsnap's comment, I'm not saying that either party would be free of responsibility. I am sure the driver could have been more careful, but no one is perfect. Neither is any child at the age of 12, or any age for that matter. The point is, people need to pay more attention, and if they don't they deserve to pay for the consequences of their actions.

Tack a clause on there about how this should apply to adults more than kids and you've got something approaching a valid point. You can't hold a 12 year old kid to the same standards of morality and responsibility that you hold an adult to. It doesn't work.

It's a learning process. The kid should have known better, and probably did, but decided to do it anyway, so he got hit by a car. It's his own fault, I hope it hurt like a bitch, and I hope he learned his lesson and it doesn't happen again. As long as he's not dead or permanently injured, and he remembers this next time he thinks about running into the road, everyone wins.

Except the person with a dented hood and probably a busted windshield. But that's their own fault too, for not paying more attention to their surroundings.

I will let your condescending attitude slide, btw.

It's a learning process. The kid should have known better, and probably did, but decided to do it anyway, so he got hit by a car. It's his own fault, I hope it hurt like a bitch, and I hope he learned his lesson and it doesn't happen again. As long as he's not dead or permanently injured, and he remembers this next time he thinks about running into the road, everyone wins.

Except the person with a dented hood and probably a busted windshield. But that's their own fault too, for not paying more attention to their surroundings.

Sorry I guess you must be saying this for some sort of shock value and my guess is your very young yourself with no kids. I dont think any parent in his or her right mind will say to a child of theirs run over by a car that they had it coming. What planet are you from? I dare you to ask any parent of a child here if they agree with you. And well I grew up in a large city too and I learned to fend for myself and I too darted out in traffic as lots of children do. Kids are kids common sense tells you that you dont put them to the same standards as adults.

Well, I hit a child many years ago in Baltimore and I can tell you that it happens fast. The child was young and came between two parked cars and "bam", it was over. I was near a school and had slowed, so she was not hurt badly...but she didn't deserve to be hit. She made a mistake. Just like thousands of people do each day behind the wheel of a car. Not many intend to crash their cars...but errors is judgement cause mistakes to be made. Do people know not to run stop signs? Do 12 year olds know not to ride in front of cars? Neither is an act with the intention to cause harm.

Viper, sweetheart, I adore you! But if my 11 year old (he will be 12 in November) gets hit by a car, don’t you dare try to tell me he deserved it.

No more than a kid learning to walk deserves the bloody lip he gets when he falls.

maniactickler, freaks you out, doesn't it? I've been witness to a couple of things like that and still think of them when I go by 'the spot' or whatever.

Many years ago when i was living in Houston i almost hit a kid.I was driving down Allen Parkway at the speed limit,45 mph.This kid and some friends were playing in the park along the street and he was running right at me.Thank God i saw him in time.I layed on the horn and locked up the brakes.The noise scared him i guess because he tripped and fell before he got to the street.My apartment was only a few blocks away but i was still shaking when i got home.You cant hold a kid to the same standards as an adult.

Terrible thing to witness! I hope the boy is OK. While I've never seen this as it happened, I have seen the aftermath. A middle-aged man, probably in his 50s, was hit near the sidewalk of a strip mall near my neighborhood. I was driving by at the time, and noticed what looked like... flailing, for lack of a better term, on the ground. The poor guy was under the front end of a car (but not under the wheel, thank God) bleeding from his forehead, and clearly going into shock. I called 911, but realized at that moment that the ambulance was already racing down the street. It was very disturbing... had me shaking, and is something I hope I never see again.

Take out the bit about "I hope it hurt like a bitch" and you'll have something approaching a valid, logical and reasonable point, friend! It is indeed a learning process but the fact is a 12 year old rarely "knows better", and if you think they do then you are a bitter, twisted, very cynical and possibly borderline sociopathic buffoon with problems that only psychoanalytical therapy and/or the acceptance and mastery of your buffoonery will remedy.

Yes indeedy do!

orly

By the time I was 12 I had already been hit by a car for doing the same thing; riding my bike out into the street from between two parked cars without looking first. I was hit by a white Pontiac.

OK this is interesting cause on a pontiac bonneville forum I visit, they believe there is a "white curse" for white Pontiacs. It wasn't a Bonneville was it?

Anyways, when I was a kid, my dad told me everyday I went out to play - "Watch the street!"
So when I was at a street, I would always make sure no cars were coming. A 3,500 pound machine didn't look like anything I wanted to get hit by. Nor would I want to get my ass beat if I DIDN'T check and someone told my day. That was the scariest part. When my kid plays out, I am always on him about not playing in the street.

A couple years ago, there was a kid about the same age who pulled a similar stunt, but he was intentionally running in front of cars, I suppose trying to cause them to wreck. This is what one of my customers, a policeman, told me. I don't know if the kid died or anything, but he was in pretty bad shape. This dumb shit kid had done this before.

If a kid is not thinking and runs in the street, I don't know that he "deserves" to get hit, but for the ones who think it is cute to do this - Well, ask and thou shall receive.

What's New

4/27/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest clip store! Get details by clicking the C4S banners
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back