• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

WoW 3.2

Cave In

1st Level Yellow Feather
Has anyone read the notes for the wow patch? There pretty much giving away epic gear and mounts now. Tokens you could only get from Ulduar 10 man you'll now be able to get from a daily quest killing boars.

You'll be able to get a mount at level 20 for 4 gold! The epic at 40 for 50 gold. And the best one, Flying mounts for 600 gold at level 60 and its speed will be increased to 150%, the same as an epic flying mount, so those people that saved up 5k gold for it will have done it for nothing.

Really does seem like Blizzard are aiming wow purely at the casual player nowadays, every new patch seems to be watering it down

Moan over :flatstare:

Well the watering down has been going on since the beginning, but it seems to have accelerated lately. Attunements are gone, etc. They do that as the game progresses so that people don't get bogged down in the early levels. The end game is where it is what keeps people playing, so blizzard wants people there as quickly and painlessly as possible.

But yes, they are making the game much more accessible to the casual player. That is where the bulk of the income comes from. From a business stand point it makes sense. Blizzard is now owned by...Vivendi I think, so they are all about the bottom line.

Vivendi couldn't buy Blizzard lunch.

It's Activision...I am sure.

As a former hardcore gamer I really hate when they do this sort of thing.

But as a currently casual gamer, I'm sort of glad. There's a lot of WoW that was such a pain in the ass to experience that I never got close to it my first time around, and now I'm getting to.

Blizzard (A division of Activision) made their fortune by appealing to the casual gamer anyway, this isn't really much of a turn for them. WoW was, at the time, by FAR the most accessible MMO, with almost no death penalty and the ability to solo all the way through the game. Hardcore gamers were disgusted :cool:

Has anyone read the notes for the wow patch? There pretty much giving away epic gear and mounts now. Tokens you could only get from Ulduar 10 man you'll now be able to get from a daily quest killing boars.

You'll be able to get a mount at level 20 for 4 gold! The epic at 40 for 50 gold. And the best one, Flying mounts for 600 gold at level 60 and its speed will be increased to 150%, the same as an epic flying mount, so those people that saved up 5k gold for it will have done it for nothing.

Really does seem like Blizzard are aiming wow purely at the casual player nowadays, every new patch seems to be watering it down

Moan over :flatstare:

Holy Sheepshit!!!

And to think of what I paid for my Kodo that I couldn't get til I reached lvl 60 just about makes me sick. Now they have Flying Mounts at that level??? :ranty:

I have had to let my account slip due to my wonderful daughter (and ex-boyfriend) running up my cell bill with minute and text overages for the past 4 months, but maybe I'm glad that I had to do that for only ONE of my toons. The others seem to have the way paved for them now.

But still... Jeez!

I just finished paying my 5k gold for my flying epic mount a couple weeks ago. I am a Paladin, so the mount costs were slightly less, but only by a bit. I like the new changes as they'll help along any alts I make and new players tremendously. I never get upset because others will have an easier time than I had getting their mounts, or getting gear, etc.

They're doing away with Valor and Heroism emblems, so just because they're passing out higher up tokens for easier stuff doesn't mean they're not gonna tweak the current gear purchase layout or anything.

Nothing's actually set in stone just yet. Though these are all positive changes, I'd say.

Flying mounts for 600 gold at level 60 and its speed will be increased to 150%, the same as an epic flying mount

Epic flying mount speed is 280% not 150%, they just raised the normal flying mount speed up to that from 60%.

Holy paladins took it up the arse this patch. Say what you want about flexibility, having our major mana regeneration mechanic cut in half is a huge nerf. I am not too pleased.

The arena changes are what else hit me, 2s is an unbalanced bracket and I'm glad to see that it no longer counts for ratings requirements. I like 3s anyways!

The twinking changes will impact our battlegroup, we're small and we'll run into queue time problems for twinks and non-twinks alike. =(

New Battleground seems to be AV and SotA combined, my two least favorite. I am not thrilled. D:

...enough stress about patch notes, WTB more RP. T_T

I was a bit drunk when i wrote that, and after reading it again i noticed I misread some of the notes.

The thing that made wow good was the fact that it had appeal for both types of gamers, casual players could work there way up to max level and do the high end instances and if you were a hardcore player you could push on and work towards attunement to raids and better gear, but now there slowly eroding that gap away.

Theres something satisfying about having an amazing toon with badass gear, but when anyone can get to that point it loses its appeal. It was like when DK's came out once you got him geared up after doing the starter zone they looked badass, but when you seen hundreds of other people in exactly the same gear, it ruined the appeal of them.

It wont stop me playing the game though since i am still enjoying it.

And Adalon does anyone still rp anymore? i was on an RP-PVP server for a longtime and aside from goldshire i never saw any RP going on.

This sort of watering down is what made me quit Everquest after 6 years of playing. So sad.

Eh hardcore is now about being FIRST! =)

On a different note (and only you guys could possibly appreciate this), I had a dream the other night. We were in a dungeon. I was being attacked by mobs that reminded me of the harpies in Diablo II. Except when they attacked me, it tickled instead of doing damage. And the mobs got PISSED off that I was thrashing on the ground laughing like mad at their attacks. Then the strangest part? I looked down and my heal button was lodged in my belly button. So I couldn't heal with out tickling myself. Then the tank died, while I was giggling and I got booted from the raid!

o_O

What's New

5/10/2024
Our Welcome forum has a place for you to introduce yourself. Say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back