• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Wrestling Changes (WWE)

Sunriseticklee

3rd Level Orange Feather
For you wrestling fans, what do you think about the return of ECW? I just feel like they are creating one more mediocre show. I love RAW, tolerate Smackdown, and now with people moving to ECW (yes I know many, like Angle, will come back after it gets started, and I know they are all part of the same company...) it just seems like the shows are getting more and more watered down and less exciting.

I didn't even like Batista, but I cannot wait for him to come back. At least he will break up some of the tiresome gimmicks. Example: Lita was my favorite female wrestler, but now I am soooooo sick of the Edge/ Lita thing. And John Cena... Dear Lord... I can't wait for the day I really CAN'T see him! (Not literally... but you know there are some characters we love to hate.)

Now I know for some of you the return of DX is great, right? Until Triple H turns on Michaels :) .... But for now, at least it is still entertaining. And oh the Spirit Squad... I usually go to the bathroom when they are on.

Don't get me wrong, I am a wrestling fan. Just want to know what you all think about these changes, and if you think they are going to improve the WWE, or in the long run, bore the fans.

What would you do if you were in McMahon's shoes?

Sunny
:kiss2:

PS.... How do you think they got away with saying "suck it" on USA? And the male strippers too.... Rather funny, but I know the network must have been pissed. (LAST RAW on Monday) And why do they continue to have that stripper girl on ECW who cannot unhook her own bra? Boy that was funny and sad at the same time.

as excited as i am about ecw coming back, i know it will be nothing like the original. the premiere last week was a joke. hopefully mcmahon and the higher ups will let paul heyman have more creative control. in all honesty he really is a creative wrestling mind, who keeps up with the times and knows that wrestling has to evolve.

john cena should have stayed as the bad boy thug character. his playing to the fans and trying to be funny just make him a rock wannabe.

get rid of the crap.....umaga, snitzky, rob conway, mark henry, khali, and now these highlanders they got coming in.....come on give me a fuckin break.

they let too much real talent get away.....rhyno, christian, the dudleyz, raven, top notch guys, but the creative teams never used them right.

instead of coming up with crappy gimmicks just let the wrestlers be themselves, let them have creative control over their own character.

putting raw and smackdown back together would help weed out the crap, and hopefully ecw will get better as well, if paul heyman has more say, let paul bring up new talent and make em stars.

no matter what i will always be a wrestling fan, im 30 yrs old and ive been into it since i was about 8, itll come back around, they just need to develop new talent instead of the gimmicks.......but what do i know. :rolleyes:

I thought last night's ECW show was definitely a step up from the premiere (admittedly, this isn't difficult). I'll give it a chance, hopefully Heyman will be given more or less free reign creatively.

as excited as i am about ecw coming back, i know it will be nothing like the original.

Nothing will ever like the original. ECW, during it's heydey (94-98 or so) was quite possibly the best thing ever produced in the pro-wrestling industry. It's one of those things that only happens once.

The new ECW??? Why don't we call it what it really is.........a third hour of Raw. I tuned into both shows and this is NOT ECW! I got into the original concept of ECW rather late(1997), but found the product really well done.
The old ECW wouldn't bore their audience with 10 minutes of a lap dance from a gal who has no concept of a striptease.("Hmmmm...now what does Mr. McMahon want me to do again?")
And has anyone noticed that The Sandman is a viewer-friendly, non-smoking, beer-spitting, team player now?(Where the hell's the "Enter Sandman" theme???)
Plus.....Zombies, Vampires, Witches.....and Test????? I don't think so.
I hope it's run does plan on finishing up at the end of August as promised.

Paul Heyman's original vision has been turned into a joke. Hope Vince is paying him well.

Drew

I will say that not using 'Enter Sandman' and 'Man in a Box' for Sandman and Tommy Dreamer respectively sort of sucks.

I will copy\paste my blog on the situation

But what is being passed on for ecw now is a disgrace, i cannot wait for the ecw shows at the brawlroom so the fans can riot on this crap...no way guys like dreamer and credible should do such pathetic jobs to wwe, This WWE velocity named ecw

"Has anyone experienced a death or loss of something? Has anyone then was told there is a chance that you will regain that loss? That the death was wrong and what u loved didnt die but is returning? Has anyone then seen that maybe its not dead but its gone and that it probably should have remained dead instead of reopening old wounds?

For most of my life, i dreamed of being a pro wrestler, hell i had a dream of wrestlin in the budokahn hall and being destroyed by great muta. I was a wwf fan boy, then migrated to a better product of wcw and then realized the best product being ECW. I went to every ecw show except the first house show, due to a friends' mom snafu and her just being a fucking dolt. 2500-5000 seat arenas of furious fans chanting for wrestling and having a company respect them and give them what the fans want. ECW died in 2001, you could say due to this, a friend issue and a family issue, this was the worst month..period of my life. The object that gave me so much joy in my life died, was absorbed my egomanic vince mcmahon. The dream of wrestling in me died, it would remain in my blood, but the dream died.

2 weeks ago, after much teasing, "ECW" returned.....a "new ecw", one which linda mcmahon so selfishly and smugly proclaimed "we want to grow beyond the cult fan base" when it was the cult fan base which made ecw what it is. They have had shows on sci fi ch now past 2 weeks....and to use a quote ive seen "its wwe velocity with ecws name on it" IT IS PURE FILTH! It shows no respect to the fans or to the wrestlers who devoted blood and life to the company(justin credible, etc) and that its pretty much another show to put bullshit wwf wrestlers on tv for wwf fans. The show isnt even filmed in "Ecw" arenas, its filmed before or after smackdown events, its smackdown crowds...not ecw. Lawler is correct, ecw is NOW extremely crappy wresttling. For an hour event, it had 12 mins of actual wrestling, and the matches were so wwf like, i could swear i was watching smackdown....

I was giddy and happy, my love was returning, now i seen her return as a disgusting whore of society, and it hurts me cuz something i loved so much is destroyed. I should have expected this too, when wcw folded, vince took all the wcw wrestlers and as an example destroyed them in matches, as a msg to people not to be against him. I wish someone would put vince off the face of the earth, and i wish ECW would resume back to its grave so it cannot hurt any wrestling fans ever again."

I haven't watched wrestling in ages, but I have one question.. are they still cramming that "go see Kane's movie" crap down the viewer's throats?? Geeesh give me a friggin' break. This is as bad as XFL. All I've heard for the last month or two is Kane's movie. And again, I haven't even watched wrestling in ages, this is just from the wwe website. To me, basically if you have a year's worth of wwe on dvd or tape, you have all the wrestling you need. They simply rehash old gimmicks and storylines with different characters but it's basically all the same. But, that's just my thinking. I still like to watch sometimes.

Actually, there's currently a second Kane running around who's wearing the old outfit with the mask and such. The fake Diesel and Razor Ramon angle went over so well, they figured it's worth repeating.

Strider said:
Actually, there's currently a second Kane running around who's wearing the old outfit with the mask and such. The fake Diesel and Razor Ramon angle went over so well, they figured it's worth repeating.

Its gonna be the undertaker, u can tell by the voice

But yes, they keep pluggin the damn movie on raw.

I can't believe that so many people would be suckered into believing that ECW was "back". All of these guys are older and fatter. And the company is no longer a grass roots anti-establishment entity, and is now simply another cog in the wheel of Vince McMahon's empire. The only reason that it was brought "back" is because Vince wants to bury TNA. What a joke.

Anthony

shyguy said:
I can't believe that so many people would be suckered into believing that ECW was "back". All of these guys are older and fatter. And the company is no longer a grass roots anti-establishment entity, and is now simply another cog in the wheel of Vince McMahon's empire. The only reason that it was brought "back" is because Vince wants to bury TNA. What a joke.

Anthony

Some of us believed heyman didnt sell out and was waitin to bring it back

It didnt matter of ages cuz the older wrestlers in ecw did their part and the younger ones were the more skillful, as seen with the comparison and "handing of the torch" between sandman and justin credible. But then again, sandman could never wrestle. One would think if ecw was getting its own slot, it would somewhat resemble ecw, and not just the same letters

natural tickler said:
Well, sunrise, since you've brought up DX, I got one question for ya:

Are you ready??? :p

For bringin back boring old plot angles from 5 years ago?

I think id rather not.

DX, like the nwo, started as a heel group and then became the "cool group" to like.

Much like bobby heenan, when u make the heels a fan favorite, u kill their character

Goodieluver said:
Its gonna be the undertaker, u can tell by the voice

But yes, they keep pluggin the damn movie on raw.

Actually, it is some guy name Freakin' Deacon.

kane2k4 said:
Actually, it is some guy name Freakin' Deacon.

I heard that too but undertaker fits the role more cuz of the brother angle and that UT burned the house down, also the voice was of takers in the montages and it would explain his absence since henry took him out in smackdown

I can't add anything more to this that hasn't already been said by Kingpin and Drew. The two of them perfectly voiced my opinion on what is currently happening, and what needs to happen to improve the overall product.

On a side note, after watching tonights RAW, I gotta say one thing:

I simply MUST learn to not eat or drink ANYTHING when Triple H and Shaun Michaels are doing their DX skits. When they were in the ring imitating Vince and Shane tonight, I choked on my pickle. Twice.

I don't care what you say, Goodie. Letting the two of them team up and cut loose with their hilarious antics again is the best thing that has happened on RAW in the last several years. For once it's something TRULY funny and entertaining and worth tuning in for! I'm actually looking FORWARD to watching RAW again, just for the two of them, to see what they have up their sleeve. I haven't laughed as hard at a RAW as I did tonight, since Austin did his sheriff bit and chased Teddy Long around the ring on a 4-wheeler.

Mimi :bowing:

Mimi said:
I can't add anything more to this that hasn't already been said by Kingpin and Drew. The two of them perfectly voiced my opinion on what is currently happening, and what needs to happen to improve the overall product.

On a side note, after watching tonights RAW, I gotta say one thing:

I simply MUST learn to not eat or drink ANYTHING when Triple H and Shaun Michaels are doing their DX skits. When they were in the ring imitating Vince and Shane tonight, I choked on my pickle. Twice.

I don't care what you say, Goodie. Letting the two of them team up and cut loose with their hilarious antics again is the best thing that has happened on RAW in the last several years. For once it's something TRULY funny and entertaining and worth tuning in for! I'm actually looking FORWARD to watching RAW again, just for the two of them, to see what they have up their sleeve. I haven't laughed as hard at a RAW as I did tonight, since Austin did his sheriff bit and chased Teddy Long around the ring on a 4-wheeler.

Mimi :bowing:

My issue is this is the same boring nonsense that theyve done the past 5 years. If anythin the skit went too long, i got boring seeing shawn act like shane and got too repetitive. Its kinda of an insult where u have your main heat\angle being away from the world title, i mean, wouldnt the chairman of the company be upset that his world title is being help by a "rival" company"? Its the same garbage every single week as ive been watching, does raw only have a roster of 12 guys? Honestly, since i resumed watching only people ive seen have been(and not counting ecw involvement) carlito, shelton benjamin, edge,cena,shawn,hunter, kane,snitsky,those 2 rednecks, and the spirit squad. Every single week is the same thing....raw starts, mcmahon comes out, somethin about dx and the spirit squad, blah blah.......despite having horrible management, wcw atleast showed entertaining matches and varied the matches, very rarely did u see the same mid card every week(main event, thats a diff story)

I mean hell, wcw even did the skit issue when nwo imitated the four horsemen and dx has mocked the wwf brass and wrestlers before. My point is i watch wrestling for wrestling, not talkshow\drama. Its sad when like for ecw's shows, u average 12 mins of actual wrestling on an hour program and even more insulting when u cut away to comercial in the main event. The only entertainment\drama angle i EVER liked from mcmahon from his "modern product" was when steve austin broke pillmans ankle and then had austin break into pillmans house in cincinatti and pillman pullin a gun out.

The only reason ive "Resumed" watching is cuz of the "ecw returns" and the interesting Kane storyline but since both are becoming bullshit, i may turning off soon. I'll simply say this, ecw returned to philly and a riot almost happened, with much of the fans booing the show, somethin never done in ecw. Eventually theyre gonna return to the hammserstein or another small venue, and things will get violent in a bad way.

edit-i have to laugh, i remember back in the 90's people called wcw wheel chair wrestling cuz it was the older guys being pushed and the younger talent just wrecked. What the hell is goin on now!? You got you two main draws\pushes being 2 wrestlers with the biggest ego's in the business on top and are well past their prime and are a timebomb from breaking down. If one thing from new ecw i will agree with, rob van dam was the best wrestler in any of the 3 companies who never held a world title(or was even given a chance really)

edit 2- I am wrong, there is another name for raw which has kept me interested and thats Umaga, its sorta sad tho i was prob in the 1% of people who knew the name of kamala's manager name

Last edited:
The Ugama(Jamal) undefeated angle is actually pretty dull, although I must say Armando has sort of grown on me. I enjoy hearing him roll his R's.
The DX angle was hysterical last night. I like how whenever stuff gets dumped or squited on Vince, he has to keep helplessly fall to floor like he really can't get up.

Drew

Is the masked kane who was in the match yesterday start as Kane in the WWE (the kane that teamed up with X-Pac and used a voice box to speak) or was that the current Kane now originally have the mask on?
:bouncybou :couch: :D :woot: :wavingguy

Bluesmiley2a-1.png

Cool.gif

Blue_smiley.png

Nother note as im watchin the trash that is ecw today, if i wanted to watch girls dance i could watch hbo after 10, go to a strip club or simply go to a diff site at the moment

IMO, francine, beulah and lita when she was in ecw were a hella more hotter and came out to better music than this girl who constantly cant get her bra off

Dont see what this tripe has to do with the W in ECW

rajee said:
Is the masked kane who was in the match yesterday start as Kane in the WWE (the kane that teamed up with X-Pac and used a voice box to speak) or was that the current Kane now originally have the mask on?[/FONT

Kane is and always has been Glen Jacobs, aka the unmasked, bald version we've seen on WWE TV the last few years. From what I understand, this new "Kane" is being played by some indy guy who went by the name "Freakin' Deacon", or something like that. For anyone who really thinks it's the Undertaker, remember, he's in the middle of a storyline with the Great Khali on Smackdown right now. Yes, he's been off TV for several weeks, but they wouldn't just magically drop that storyline and start up something with Kane just for the hell of it. Those two haven't even met since WrestleMania 20. It just wouldn't make a lick of sense.

What's New

5/19/2024
There will be Tivia in our Chat Room this Sunday evening at 11PM EDT! Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back