• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

WWE Extreme Rules 2014

Love Tickling

TMF Poster
Hey guys/girls, any thoughts on WWE's most recent PPV? Any favourite matches/moments?

For me, I think the match of the night was by far The Shield vs Evolution. Bryan vs Kane was alright too.

I'm a huge wrestling fan, but I hate the WWE. They used to have real champions like the Rock, Shawn Michaels, Kurt Angle and the Undertaker. Now they have no talent reality stars like "The Miz" wearing the belt. Or that bland one move pretty boy Randy Orton(who IMHO isn't nearly as talented as his father was).

I always call the WWE the "McDonalds" of Pro Wrestling. Like McDonalds fast food restaurants, the WWE's hugely successful and they're recognized around the world, but also like McDonald's, it's also a crap product.

TNA was OK for awhile before Hogan, Bischoff, and Dixie Carter ruined it.

If you want to see exciting Pro wrestling, guys who are quality atheletes(as opposed to roided out pretty boys) and put on incredible matches, check out ROH(Ring Of Honor) Wrestling.
I don't know if they have ROH in Australia, they're not even broadcast in parts of the US, but check them out online.
ROH is a shoestring operation, w/no money, and their wrestlers perform sometimes in VFW Halls or High School Auditoriums, instead of Huge Arenas, but unlike the WWE, these guys really put on a show.

I have heard of ROH, I'm sure it's filled with a lot of talented wrestlers. The WWE now definitely isn't what it used to be, but then again, all the guys you listed, chances are you'll only have one of them in a lifetime. They all had their own charisma, brand of wrestling that separated them from everyone else. I can see where you're coming from in regards to "roiled out pretty boys" (e.g. see Batista, possibly Cena, etc. etc.)

What you will find nowadays, despite the presence of said roiled out pretty boys, are guys like Rollins (or Tyler Black), Ambrose (or Jon Moxley) and Reigns, they have been working really well lately, are quite over with the crowd. The match they had on with Evolution, was exciting (despite Batista's limited personality and Orton's limited personality AND move set).

Cesaro (Claudio Castagnoli) is another guy well over with the crowd, also a former ROH wrestler. Same can be said about Daniel Bryan (or Bryan Danielson) who is currently wearing the WWE and WHC belts at the moment. There is a new wave of PROPER wrestlers coming through now.

As for the Miz... that was 3 years ago. We try not to talk about that incident.

Point being, WWE today isn't as good as it was some 15 years ago. Probably never will be. But I can guarantee that it is (and is getting) better than it was 1.5-4 years ago.
Even if you don't watch Raw or Smackdown, at least give NXT a viewing - there's always a good showing or 2 there.

*possible spoiler*

Don't know if it is to be true, but I lost interest in this feud when it was rumored the plan is to give Roman Reigns a major push as a singles wrestler - this feud ending with a Triple H vs RR match at Summerslam. Also, more than likely the Shield will turn on Reigns and possible another newcomer stepping up from NXT to take his place.

I find this to be very likely as it is also rumored a possibility to turn Bray Wyatt face as the crowd has been popping for him like crazy. However, this was rumored to never happen until the Shield turns heel again.

Again - this is all rumor :)

Roman Reigns vs HHH could be interesting. You feel that the Shield will eventually turn on Reigns, but who knows? They could break up over an injury, not break up at all, etc.

Wyatt I feel will never turn face at the moment. The promos he's pulling are perfect for him as a heel, which is what the crowd loves, so they'll probably keep him like that.

The wheels are now in motion. I'm regaining interest. With the Shield now no more, this gives way for a major push for both Reigns and Rollins. Also Dean Ambrose can hold his own as proven. I really hate to see the Shield go because they were fun to watch as both heel and face.

I have heard of ROH, I'm sure it's filled with a lot of talented wrestlers. The WWE now definitely isn't what it used to be, but then again, all the guys you listed, chances are you'll only have one of them in a lifetime. They all had their own charisma, brand of wrestling that separated them from everyone else. I can see where you're coming from in regards to "roiled out pretty boys" (e.g. see Batista, possibly Cena, etc. etc.)

What you will find nowadays, despite the presence of said roiled out pretty boys, are guys like Rollins (or Tyler Black), Ambrose (or Jon Moxley) and Reigns, they have been working really well lately, are quite over with the crowd. The match they had on with Evolution, was exciting (despite Batista's limited personality and Orton's limited personality AND move set).

Cesaro (Claudio Castagnoli) is another guy well over with the crowd, also a former ROH wrestler. Same can be said about Daniel Bryan (or Bryan Danielson) who is currently wearing the WWE and WHC belts at the moment. There is a new wave of PROPER wrestlers coming through now.

As for the Miz... that was 3 years ago. We try not to talk about that incident.

Point being, WWE today isn't as good as it was some 15 years ago. Probably never will be. But I can guarantee that it is (and is getting) better than it was 1.5-4 years ago.
Even if you don't watch Raw or Smackdown, at least give NXT a viewing - there's always a good showing or 2 there.

I haven't seen Daniel Bryan or Cesaro in the WWE, but the WWE has a history of watering down their talent, eliminating some of their more high risk wrestling moves, or actual mat wrestling. I've heard that's happened w/Daniel Bryan, and Cesaro. Don't know why they do that maybe MacMahon is afraid of a possible lawsuit from a seriously injured wrestler. ROH doesn't have to worry about a lawsuit because they don't have any money.
WWE also has ridiculously short matches usually 5-7 minutes. So talented wrestlers aren't really challenged. If they had longer more exciting matches and didn't focus so much on the backstage soap opera crap, I'd definitely check it out.
Check out ROH on youtube. Look for matches involving AJ Styles, Michael Elgin, the Briscoe Bros., Adam Cole, Caprice Coleman, Jay Lethal, Cedric Alexander, and Davey Richards.

What's New

5/11/2024
The TMF Art and Story Archives collect some of our communities best creators work in one place!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back