• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Xbox One

Cave In

1st Level Yellow Feather
So its finally been unveiled. What are everyone's impressions on it?

Personally I am completely underwhelmed by it. Gaming is effectively secondary now and the features they have touted as being part of the multimedia experience could been implemented on the current 360. The games touted consisted of another COD and the usual sports franchises and all rendered footage.

I love my 360 but this console does not interest me in the slightest. They are alienating hardcore gamers. microsofts stock price has already taken a hit. I have a feeling while it may be a successful multimedia device but as a console it is going to bomb.

*edit*
It's like they don't want anyone to buy their console...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-21-xbox-one-second-hand-games-will-charge-a-fee-to-play

Last edited:
to be honest i'm disappointed. they are turning gaming consoles more computer and tv based and taking out the gaming aspect of it. granted i'm sure they will have some interesting games, but not really taken by Xbox One and certaintly don't agree with turning Halo into a story at all!

Very disappointed. I don't buy an Xbox to watch TV I buy it to play games. I'm actually offended at how innocuous they're trying to make it look, like it's a DVR or something. They have a lot to make up for at E3

I knew they were going to do something like this, that's why i disowned microsoft a long time ago.and that part about paying to play used games, I knew they were going to do something like that

They're going to end up having to do what every-other-company that tried to make their console A video game console "and so much more". Strip it down, launch games for the thing, focus on the games first and foremost, keep all that multimedia and device integration shit as a nice bonus/after thought, or perish.

I've talked with a lot of people about this console launch. Reactions, opinions, future outlooks, I've sought it all. I've noticed two major things:

A. This is the biggest launch fiasco I've ever seen. This is going to cost Microsoft come retail time. Even if they fix the problems, this highly botched launch will hurt them in a big, big way.

B. Sony may not have done everything right with their launch, but Microsoft has made them seem like God. Right now Sony is the only "big-boy" true gaming console. It seems they're mission right now should be "Oh, we have this awesome machine that plays video games! It can also surf the web, play movies, and all that stuff if you're into that sort of thing."

C. Microsoft is big brother. Alright, well not exactly. But a lot of people are pissed about the always on Kinect in the same way they're pissed about the fees.

D. Not everyone has reliable high speed internet. Sure, the console doesn't require an always on-line connection, but it requires it to be on at least once every 24-hours. While this may not be a huge problem for some, it's a huge problem for me personally and some friends of mine. Sure, my internet has good speeds, but not good enough to stay connected to Live for more than 3 seconds.

Finally,

E. This is the big one. Microsoft wants you to pay for the experience, not the physical copy. Understandable. So why is there a problem? Because they're not even letting you share the experience with your friends in the most convenient of ways. Had a bad experience, want a refund? Too bad! With this model Microsoft will singlehandedly destroy any good-will they had with the second-hand and rental markets.

I think what we're looking at here could very well be a disaster on the level of the Dreamcast (Maybe not, but you know what I'm saying). Sure, some people will buy it, some will love it, but it won't be the hot commodity that the 360 was. If Microsoft doesn't listen to the backlash, they won't last long in the gaming market.

I agree with everyone here I think the new Xbox one will bomb. It dose everything else except what it should...only play games. They have taken the gaming experience out and replaced it with all this bull shit. A video game system should only do one thing, play video games. if your a hard core gamer like most are. fuck being able to surf the net or watch movies, isn't that what Netflix and Firefox are for? This will sell because its new but i look for it to be a complete fail

What's New

5/9/2024
If you need to report a post, the report button is to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back