• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Xena reboot

Ticklerguy4u

3rd Level Orange Feather
For those that were around in the 90's and remember Xena Warrior Princess TV show. It has been announced that it is in effect for NBC.

Some of the things that might be changed...

Xena and Gabrielle are going to be lesbian and in a relationship...no more guessing

More of a serious take on the show and a little less comedy or farce

Lucy Lawless and Renee O'Conner won't be reprising their roles

New cast....but old cast may not be included as their original characters but may have cameos as other characters

I am personally excited to see where it goes but I am a bit disappointed with the little less comedic being taken away. Some of their funny episodes were fun to watch. I think the original cast not reprising their roles is smart because they are a bit older and it may not be wise.

I loved the show for the obvious reasons. :woman:
I especially liked the episodes in which Xena (or Gabrielle) dominated Joxer. :D

If Raimi and Tapert are involved, and that's what I'm hearing, I'll give this a shot. But is there any word on who will play Xena and Gabrielle?

If Raimi and Tapert are involved, and that's what I'm hearing, I'll give this a shot. But is there any word on who will play Xena and Gabrielle?

not yet. as far as I know. i believe that tapert and raimi are going to be producers.

For those that were around in the 90's and remember Xena Warrior Princess TV show. It has been announced that it is in effect for NBC.

Some of the things that might be changed...

Xena and Gabrielle are going to be lesbian and in a relationship...no more guessing

More of a serious take on the show and a little less comedy or farce

Lucy Lawless and Renee O'Conner won't be reprising their roles

New cast....but old cast may not be included as their original characters but may have cameos as other characters

I am personally excited to see where it goes but I am a bit disappointed with the little less comedic being taken away. Some of their funny episodes were fun to watch. I think the original cast not reprising their roles is smart because they are a bit older and it may not be wise.

No offense to you Xena fans out there, but I used to hate that show. It was too silly for my taste, and I think the "guessing whether she is a lesbian or not" was just the network's way to avoid controversy. It was not mysterious or intriguing, just boring and lazy writing. And I don't buy the "viewers were not ready" argument: the whole point of doing something radical is precisely to challenge, to provoke a reaction. Imagine in the mid-nineties if they had the guts to promote a show where the character was openly homosexual, that would have been groundbreaking. In our age when homosexuality is literally everywhere, having a gay main character is nothing impressive.

Thus, since apparently they removed the silliness and made the character full-on lesbian, I may give the new series a try. It probably will not reach the awesome quality of a Game of Thrones-like fantasy, but as long as we still get our mandatory lesbian torture scenes that's enough for me. Also, we may be treated to some nice swordplay in the process, which would be all the better.

Last edited:
No offense to you Xena fans out there, but I used to hate that show. It was too silly for my taste, and I think the "guessing whether she is a lesbian or not" was just the network's way to avoid controversy. It was not mysterious or intriguing, just boring and lazy writing. And I don't buy the "viewers were not ready" argument: the whole point of doing something radical is precisely to challenge, to provoke a reaction. Imagine in the mid-nineties if they had the guts to promote a show where the character was openly homosexual, that would have been groundbreaking. In our age where homosexuality is literally everywhere, having a gay main character is nothing impressive.

Thus, since apparently they removed the silliness and made the character full-on lesbian, I may give the new series a try. It probably will not reach the awesome quality of a Game of Thrones-like fantasy, but as long as we still get our mandatory lesbian torture scenes that's enough for me. Also, we may be treated to some nice swordplay in the process, which would be all the better.

Well few and far between were the silly episodes, but they didn't apologize for it...and they knew it. At the time it was aired on television although Xena wasn't the first female action hero ...she was the first to gain global popularity. As for the lesbianism, you may be right. It wasn't a time where openly gay characters were the norm. I believe Ellen Degeneres was the first character on her sitcom to do it and it was national news. Swordplay could be better as well in this new reboot because CGI was also still in its early stage on tv back then. It looks fake now as it did then but you took what you could get at the time. As I said, I enjoyed the silly episodes sometimes and sometimes I didn't, depending on my mood at the time. But you had to watch whatever episode they played on the network. DVD's or Streaming hadn't come out yet for it. I mean it no different from the silly movies Adam Sandler and Marlon Wayans do today. Love it or hate it.

Last edited:
I hear also the female armors in the show will be more PC. No more battle dresses for Xena and short crop top for Gabrielle which means a little less skin showing. They may also do this for the males....so for you females that like looking at Ares budging biceps....sorry..lol

Well few and far between were the silly episodes, but they didn't apologize for it...and they knew it. At the time it was aired on television although Xena wasn't the first female action hero ...she was the first to gain global popularity. As for the lesbianism, you may be right. It wasn't a time where openly gay characters were the norm. I believe Ellen Degeneres was the first character on her sitcom to do it and it was national news. Swordplay could be better as well in this new reboot because CGI was also still in its early stage on tv back then. It looks fake now as it did then but you took what you could get at the time. As I said, I enjoyed the silly episodes sometimes and sometimes I didn't, depending on my mood at the time. But you had to watch whatever episode they played on the network. DVD's or Streaming hadn't come out yet for it. I mean it no different from the silly movies Adam Sandler and Marlon Wayans do today. Love it or hate it.

Totally, to each one their own taste. I can't stand movies like those you mentioned, but I have no problem with people who do like them. As long they no one prevents me to watch the stuff I like, it does not bother me. It is simply not my thing, that's all :bubble: Hence, the reboot sounds interesting, since it is gonna be so different.

Last edited:
I hear also the female armors in the show will be more PC. No more battle dresses for Xena and short crop top for Gabrielle which means a little less skin showing. They may also do this for the males....so for you females that like looking at Ares budging biceps....sorry..lol

Wait, whaaaaaat? But... the genre is called fantasy. <Sigh> When will they learn? Hey, next time give Aragorn a missile launcher, I heard it is a much more efficient way to kill than a sword.

Damn, I so hate PC... :facepalm:

Wait, whaaaaaat? But... the genre is called fantasy. <Sigh> When will they learn? Hey, next time give Aragorn a missile launcher, I heard it is a much more efficient way to kill than a sword.

Damn, I so hate PC... :facepalm:

I hear ya' ...it was a different time back then...we take two steps forward only to take two steps back.

What's New

5/29/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest clip fetish store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back