• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

yikes meds are more dangerous than the disease

melanie2

4th Level Blue Feather
my sister recently discovered she has some bone density problems..tiny fractures in her back etc...so she is now on a once weekly type of med..similar to Boniva, but once a week instead of once a month..and get this..the side effects include...you must remain in an upright position for thirty minutes after taking the med...to reduce the risk of bleeding from the esophagus..if you lie down during that time period, you can bleed to death...gesh..to me that is more dangerous than osteoporosis...plus there are other side effects...

she keeps trying to get me to take a bone density test..says it is hereditary etc..but i've walked for years and drank two glasses at least of skim milk a day..i'll take my chances without a test thank you...

god sometimes..sometimes..not always but sometimes..it sucks getting older...

sad to hear that, glad i drank whole milk as a kid like an alcoholic drinks whiskey, so my bones are like steel. that's why drinking lotsa milk when your a youngin' is ideal.

All of the bisphosphonates are that way, Izzy. The only other option is a once a year IV piggyback version that costs more for one dose than a year's worth of the oral version.

All of the bisphosphonates are that way, Izzy. The only other option is a once a year IV piggyback version that costs more for one dose than a year's worth of the oral version.

if it evens out then ok...i would rather do the IV thingie..but i'm not getting checked..i just got off a year's worth of anti biotics for a chronic infection..

An apple a day keeps a bus driver away...

Side effects can suck majorly.

"Anal seepage!? That's not even fun to SAY!" ~Jeff Foxworthy

"If you or a loved one have died taking this drug, please call...." :p actual TV ad. Yeah, drugs can be dangerous, even the ones the doctor tells you to take.

~K

sad to hear that, glad i drank whole milk as a kid like an alcoholic drinks whiskey, so my bones are like steel. that's why drinking lotsa milk when your a youngin' is ideal.

well its kinda false
milk is good cause it has all the vitamins needed for the organism, except vitamine C. but too much milk can be bad for humans can badly tolerated by our organism, and th milk gets the bones more solid argument is false, at least it's said like : eat your soup to grow tall etc stuff.

by now i drink due to my ilness lactose free milk ( soja) and must avoid all kind of calcium like thingies

for what you said isabeau, ok you know meds are sometimes bad ( and i had some serious issues with some , like creepy ) my ilness is spondylithis, and believe me despite all the bad in the meds, when they help you to feel better, and especially have much less pain, or even none you deal with. hopefully i tolerate them quite well. so thanx medics and their evolution :)

My pet peeve used to be those meds which inhibit your ability to sleep decently or enjoy sex (still are, actually). But the side-effects of that osteoporosis "remedy" really take the proverbial cake.

If we could send men to the moon 40 years ago...

Last edited:
Tell me about it

I had to take meds for stomach trouble and one of the side effects was death, and the pamphlet states all side effects are reversable, how do you reverse death? I'd like to know, its a huge break through in medicine if that happens

What's New

5/2/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome forum and take a moment to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back