• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

You're miserable: Here's why...

sadi

1st Level Green Feather
Not sure if I've mentioned this link before, but if so, deal with it, you opened this link yourself, didn't you? Anyways, this link shows a 'few' reasons why it seems like this recent generation of people is getting more and more miserable and "emo"... (And I'm bored :D )

http://www.cracked.com/article_15231_7-reasons-21st-century-making-you-miserable.html

Cracked.com's so great, isn't it? :stickout Short form: you need to be surrounded by more annoying people and stop 'zoning' out the word the moment you're bored/annoyed/frustrated/emotional/etc. Whatever. That's basically what I got from this article: it makes you happier (Eventually).

Post Script: If you don't like something I've written, it may not be my fault! ('May' being the operative word. Read the article, you might find out the reason for my 'cop-out'.)

Great article, thanx for sharing... I agree with some of it: people's tastes are SO narrow and specific nowadays, seems like I'm the only one who'll watch other peoples shows or movies with them, and it's next to impossible to get friends to participate in things.

I think we SHOULD edit the annoyance out of our lives- especially when that 'annoyance' is actually life threatening (ie reckless SUV drivers contaminating the roads) ...and texting is the single greatest form of communication known to man (I'm probably part of the problem)

Bah. Such blasphemy.

But seriously, I'd rather be shot in the foot than have more annoying people in my life. I'm either going to be miserable without them, or miserable with them. The only difference is whether I get convicted for murder or not.

I will agree with one thing, however: Texting is complete and utter bullshit.

It needs to be removed completely.

The only thing i was worried about when clicking this article was if it was a Cristina H's article, but David's pretty good :)

This doesn't tell me why people are miserable. This tells me why people are worthless.

Texting has cheapened so many relationships~ it's disgusting. I can't count how many ridiculously scathing attitudes I've tempered by just saying 'fuck this' and drove right up to their door and looked them in the eye~ and it's like...

"Yeah.... YEAH~ remember? Remember me being a real person... say your scathing words now~ but you don't want to right? Because all the memories about the fact that somewhere in your heart you remember you actually care for me as a human being come flooding back the moment you step away from the damn phone..."

I live online~ this digital fucking world, but goddamn if it isn't eating our souls sometimes...

Texting has cheapened so many relationships~ it's disgusting. I can't count how many ridiculously scathing attitudes I've tempered by just saying 'fuck this' and drove right up to their door and looked them in the eye~ and it's like...

"Yeah.... YEAH~ remember? Remember me being a real person... say your scathing words now~ but you don't want to right? Because all the memories about the fact that somewhere in your heart you remember you actually care for me as a human being come flooding back the moment you step away from the damn phone..."

I live online~ this digital fucking world, but goddamn if it isn't eating our souls sometimes...

There's your problem, slick. Get your ass off the computer and do something fun.

I like living online.

There's a designated button for all of the fucking annoying people.

Also there's the fact that I wouldn't know 'fun' if it bit me in the ass.

There's your problem, slick. Get your ass off the computer and do something fun.

You did read the part where I said I'd be the one driving up to people right? ;3

I'm well rooted in my communities offline. Don't have to worry about me luv~ <3 Just talking about online dynamics in general, and just the way people deal with each other online.

Not sure how you got that meaning I don't get off the computer. lol Totally taking your advice anyway this weekend though anyway. x3

I like living online.

There's a designated button for all of the fucking annoying people.

Also there's the fact that I wouldn't know 'fun' if it bit me in the ass.

Getting bit in the ass is its own kind of fun tho~ :3

Texting dosent really annoy me that much, its when people start talking like they're texting(saying just the first letters of some words) that annoys me. Also texting dosent convey the emotions in sentences very well.:sleep1:

Do you know how much non-verbal cues 'talk' to us when we're speaking with another person in the flesh? Almost ALL of it. (I've read various studies where it ranges from 'somewhere in the 70-s percent' to '93 percent' [which is consumed while someone is texting on their phone while driving - BAAD IDEA!!!!!!)

When texting, you visualize the 'way' a person is saying something: what words they emphasize and what they run-over/omit, and possibly even some they mispronounce (even though they seem to have the mental acuity to 'type' it out), and then a whole myriad of different inflections conveying emotion, potential accent, SARCASM!!!! I've likely missed a few aspects and that all includes only the way a person sounds, no less.
'In-the-flesh,' there's ALL those non-verbal physical cues: whether they like you, whether they loathe being with you, disdain, eagerness, curiosity, tiredness, boredom, I could go on and on here, but there's a LOT that's left out when you're unable to actually SEE the person physically in front of you (whether that's done on Skype or 'in meat space,' I won't get into, as I'm unaware of the potential differences/difficulties/positives of such a difference).

But yes. Annoying is annoying because . . . well, it's annoying! But I think at least a 'small' dose of it can help us better be able to 'deal' with people (within given circumstances, of course). And Slaver123, annoying does NOT mean idiotic or life-threatening. That's when one must use their discretion to see 'is this actually only a minor grievance, putting up with them, or should I phone the authorities for help?' :p

Personally, I LOVE my 'online persona' (as yes, it IS a persona as one cannot include literally 'everything' that occurs in their 'real' life to a few lines of text online: it's an act, it's a role we play. Whether it's a semi-accurate depiction of the flesh-and-blood us or not, is up to each person, in each context, at each individual time) and I wouldn't trade it for the world! Some of the best times I've had have been with people I've met online, and they help me to learn and grow, further refining "myself" along the way. But it never amounts to a 'flesh-and-blood' experience one could have talking to the same people face-to-face.

The total anonymity granted us online allows us the potential to be more honest and truthful with others, versus all the extraneous pressures we may feel in 'real life', but it can also bring out the inner ASSHOLE in people as well. It's a catch-22 situation, I think, where you can gain some things, but have to forgo others, like the intimacy received being able to touch a person, or be touched by them. (Now BRING ON the out-of-context innuendos from that statement! :lol :lol) Even in friendship, I don't think any words can compare to feeling someone wrap their arms around you and knowing their hug is sincere.

Last edited:
I think texting is great for work I can tell everyone who orks for the same thing at one time no matter where we are...but there is a point to where I wouldn't dump my gf through a text or email ill do it in person even thought when she shouts at me in spainish portuguese and italian mixed I wished I gone for the text

Edit:
When texting, you visualize the 'way' a person is saying something: what words they emphasize and what they run-over/omit, and possibly even some they mispronounce (even though they seem to have the mental acuity to 'type' it out), and then a whole myriad of different inflections conveying emotion, potential accent, SARCASM!!!! I've likely missed a few aspects and that all includes only the way a person sounds, no less.
'In-the-flesh,' there's ALL those non-verbal physical cues: whether they like you, whether they loathe being with you, disdain, eagerness, curiosity, tiredness, boredom, I could go on and on here, but there's a LOT that's left out when you're unable to actually SEE the person physically in front of you.

The frustrating element of this, is when you HAVE a physical relationship with someone that is still tied through distance. I've been with someone in Portland, an hour away~ and when arguments get heated, and she resorts to text, it gets to the point you don't even want to reply. You know this person is completely different, and see you completely differently when you're right there in front of them. A drive up, and the world seems simpler~ even a phone call is better than text, lol. Yet someone points out that text allows us to be more 'honest' with each other? If that's honestly true, then people, really~ inside, can really call up the worst, scummy aspects of themselves to the surface when they want to. If the individual I see in person is just the false representation, then that's just depressing. People share words of loathing through text, that they rarely would ever reveal in person. :<

Last edited:
Edit:
Yet someone points out that text allows us to be more 'honest' with each other?

If you're referring to 'me' mentioning this, I stated that it can allow people to be more honest, but it also can allow them to be even More of a jerk than they may or may not already be in person.
Unless it's mentioned that one is "role playing" (donning the role of a character 'opposite' or greatly different than their own morals/whatever) their mannerisms and morals should stay 'relatively' similar, I think. Yes, we have emotions and yes those emotions may make us act differently when we're in the mood (whatever that might be), but if someone Is normally averse to lying, let's say, then even if they're angry, I don't think they shoud suddenly start lying left and right.

If one person says black, they shouldn't say white unless there is due reason for their change in thought, I'd think.

I can't explain for the reason why your friend is acting so dualistic, (nice/mean) Inverse, but maybe each time they reveal their "bad" side, they're opening up more and telling you the growing likelihood that they will act like this in a more semi-regular habit. Just my layman opinion.

Edit:

The frustrating element of this, is when you HAVE a physical relationship with someone that is still tied through distance. I've been with someone in Portland, an hour away~ and when arguments get heated, and she resorts to text, it gets to the point you don't even want to reply. You know this person is completely different, and see you completely differently when you're right there in front of them. A drive up, and the world seems simpler~ even a phone call is better than text, lol. Yet someone points out that text allows us to be more 'honest' with each other? If that's honestly true, then people, really~ inside, can really call up the worst, scummy aspects of themselves to the surface when they want to. If the individual I see in person is just the false representation, then that's just depressing. People share words of loathing through text, that they rarely would ever reveal in person. :<

Honesty is a hilarious subject for somebody to touch on when they used to pretend they were a girl. :lol

I can't explain for the reason why your friend is acting so dualistic, (nice/mean) Inverse

Probably because of shit like ^

Not sure if I've mentioned this link before, but if so, deal with it, you opened this link yourself, didn't you? Anyways, this link shows a 'few' reasons why it seems like this recent generation of people is getting more and more miserable and "emo"... (And I'm bored :D )

http://www.cracked.com/article_15231_7-reasons-21st-century-making-you-miserable.html

Cracked.com's so great, isn't it? :stickout Short form: you need to be surrounded by more annoying people and stop 'zoning' out the word the moment you're bored/annoyed/frustrated/emotional/etc. Whatever. That's basically what I got from this article: it makes you happier (Eventually).

Post Script: If you don't like something I've written, it may not be my fault! ('May' being the operative word. Read the article, you might find out the reason for my 'cop-out'.)

man people need to just not be so hard on one another, its like everyone is so willing to shit on someone to make themself look tough or witty or whatever. i think the world needs a massive ego-massacre XD then we can all be hippies, quit bathing grow out our hair and love everyone! lawl

What's New

5/6/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for the webs largest one-stop fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back