• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Any Baseball Fans

Goodbye Yankees, hello Indians. I wonder what will happen with A-rod and also who will fill the managment position next year.
I've heard that Joe Girardi and Don Mattingly are the top two candidates to replace Torre.

METS didn't BRING BACK GLAVINE AND HOLD HIM LIKE THE MASSIAH THAT THE TEAM NEEDED TO BRING THEM A WORLD SERIES...remember glavine was always here..the brainiacs in the bronx saw the washed up 40 something year old man in houston THEY LET GO PRIOR that did nothing for the astros AND STILL OVERPAID HIM TO COME BACK TO THE BRONX TO DO WHAT???,,,,THAT'S RIGHT SPORTSFANS....AAAAAABSOLUTELY NOTHING!! WAY TO GO.....i'd rather be glavine with his 300 wins season have a bad game at a bad time than be a washed up money hungry has been who didnt know when to quit and have his final season look like he shouldve never been in the sport in the first place...but thats the yankees for ya aaalways overpaying for what players were like in the past..not for what they have to offer now! GO BOSTON!!!

The absolute bottom line is this...the yankees team salary is approx 195 million dollars..the mets are at about 116 mil...you think the difference in salary is worth playing only 4 more games then the mets?? ..we can go 1 furthur the d-backs pay out 52 mil and rockies dish 54 mil...about 1/4 the yankees salary...BUT WHOSE STILL PLAYING??

I've heard that Joe Girardi and Don Mattingly are the top two candidates to replace Torre.

I think that it will be Mattingly. Don is well-liked, is a life-long Yankee and a good coach.

Yanks are going to clean house, A-Rod's gone he'll seek new pastures, and the Yanks will go after big name pitcher.

As a Sox fan I'm conflicted about A-Rod coming to Boston (a strong posibility). He'll cost a ton and his playoff record sucks. He could re-invent himself in Boston, but he's leaving NY to get away from the pressure and media. Boston is not that place. Yet, he does have a sweet bat and can field.

Friday night in Fenway ALCS! :super_hap

The absolute bottom line is this...the yankees team salary is approx 195 million dollars..the mets are at about 116 mil...you think the difference in salary is worth playing only 4 more games then the mets?? ..we can go 1 furthur the d-backs pay out 52 mil and rockies dish 54 mil...about 1/4 the yankees salary...BUT WHOSE STILL PLAYING??

no...the difference is that the yankees home attendance was approx 4.3 million compared to the mets 3.8 million....regardless of the salaries, The Yankees are the team to see....Any sports fan of the game of baseball that visits us comes to the Bronx....As far as the Dbacks & the Rockies....:tired: :tired: :tired: The National league west.....If the Rockies,Dbacks or Mets played in the AL east they would be about as good as Baltimore...even with a DH....

bottom line...Yankees pay the big bucks because the franchise is a proven winner....most championships in all sports...

METS didn't BRING BACK GLAVINE AND HOLD HIM LIKE THE MASSIAH THAT THE TEAM NEEDED TO BRING THEM A WORLD SERIES...remember glavine was always here..the brainiacs in the bronx saw the washed up 40 something year old man in houston THEY LET GO PRIOR that did nothing for the astros AND STILL OVERPAID HIM TO COME BACK TO THE BRONX TO DO WHAT???,,,,THAT'S RIGHT SPORTSFANS....AAAAAABSOLUTELY NOTHING!! WAY TO GO.....i'd rather be glavine with his 300 wins season have a bad game at a bad time than be a washed up money hungry has been who didnt know when to quit and have his final season look like he shouldve never been in the sport in the first place...but thats the yankees for ya aaalways overpaying for what players were like in the past..not for what they have to offer now! GO BOSTON!!!

Giving Glavine the ball in the last game shows me that he is their franchise pitcher...the massiah for THEE game of THEE year for the mets....
Tom Glavine in a mets uniform is like watching Willy Mays in a mets uniform....:question: :question: The Mets brought him in and what does he bring????
maybe Glavine will be in the HOF...in a BRAVES UNIFORM.....
As far as Roger Clemens goes........Having him in the clubhouse is an inspiration to the team....young arms like Jaba getting pitching tips with one of the top pitchers to play the game is big...Clemens WILL BE A FIRST CAST BALLOT IN THE HOF......At 45 yrs and still throwing 90mph+....GO PHILLIES!!!!!!

Not a yankees or mets fan, but I think that Roger should have stayed retired and ended his career on a good note. He would be a good coach I think with his years of experience but not a starter for the biggest franchise in basesball.

Not a yankees or mets fan, but I think that Roger should have stayed retired and ended his career on a good note. He would be a good coach I think with his years of experience but not a starter for the biggest franchise in basesball.

But then again how does one say no to the payoff. He had an opportunity to make a ton of money. Sure he already has alot, but hey its his life. I'm not going to say boo to anyone who can make money legitimately. He did help the Yankees too, not as much as hoped but he did stabilize the rotation for a while. He did much for Boston, yeah, I didn't like the way he left, but I still respect his ability.

MOST CHAMPIONSHIPS IN ALL SPORTS.....yea your right they won alot..BACK WHEN THE YANKEES were respectable OFF the field as well as on....were taking GENERATIONS ago...and as far as paying big bucks...again....yankees=GOLF.....d-backs +rockies=PLAYOFFS (1/4 OF YANKEE SALARY).....Yankees forgot all they're guys do is hit a ball with a stick for a living from april to oct (well short of oct these years)...NOBODY IS WORTH WHAT THEY SHELL OUT.....Other teams are getting it done without the bankroll....and as far as a proven winner goes...WELCOME TO THIS DECADE!!...no winning going on as far as i can see...and possibly no improvement for this generation

If I remember correctly. The year the Florida Marlins won the world series, they had the Lowest payroll in professional sports!
Money and greed do now win championships.
As soon as you give the big bucks to any player, they slack off and don't play as hard. Why should they. They are guaranteed $$$$ whether they win or loose or play hard or just go through the motions.
NOBODY is worth a quarter BILLION dollars. Period. To ask for MORE? That is pathetic and sickening! A-Jerk-Rod can go play in Chicago, Minnesota, Toronto(triple tax his ass off in Canada),Mexico or Japan even. Take your greed elsewhere. Baseball is already ruined by people like him and George Steinbrenner and other free agents who started this cascade of money hungry greedmeisters who forgot that they are getting paid good money to play a GAME! To play baseball for living while others bust their asses for years, a lifetime and will never see a fraction of what they do to play a game of baseball!
So screw the Yankees and their 200 million dollar payroll and the primadonnas who collect it.

TTD

That is the world of MLB....high salaries...be it the yankees or mets or whoever....if your getting a quarter billion or whatever and you could opt out of your contract to possibly increase your value why not? if you were a player of that caliber you would do the same as so would I.....it's all business....people come to see him like him or not...A-Rod will win the MVP again....hands down...As far as people working for a living and don't see a fraction of that kind of money....I agree....but what about these CEO's & CFO of the major corparations making WAY MORE that any baseball/football or any other sport....you just don't know about it....It's the regular guy working @ home depot that takes his job 110% and the top brass get REWARDED.....

Who won the rockies and d-backs game? I missed it when I was out of town.

MOST CHAMPIONSHIPS IN ALL SPORTS.....yea your right they won alot..BACK WHEN THE YANKEES were respectable OFF the field as well as on....were taking GENERATIONS ago...and as far as paying big bucks...again....yankees=GOLF.....d-backs +rockies=PLAYOFFS (1/4 OF YANKEE SALARY).....Yankees forgot all they're guys do is hit a ball with a stick for a living from april to oct (well short of oct these years)...NOBODY IS WORTH WHAT THEY SHELL OUT.....Other teams are getting it done without the bankroll....and as far as a proven winner goes...WELCOME TO THIS DECADE!!...no winning going on as far as i can see...and possibly no improvement for this generation

Respectable OFF the field????? the mets? ok lets see....Vince Coleman throwing fireworks at kids waiting for autographs....class....Bobby Bonilla wants to take a reporter to the bronx....hmmm....Bret saberhagen throwing bleach on a reporter.....we all know what david cone was doing in the bullpen....they really represent their team nicely....Other teams are getting it done without the bankroll....just not the mets...as far as welcoming us to this decade...no winning on our part? hmmm October 2000 (yes this decade) Yankees once again win the World Series 4-1 against who? hint....the fans lead the league in different variations of wearing hats...inside out, standing upright.....give up....2nd hint....that year this team's manager gets tossed from a game and returns with fake nose/mustache/glasses & hat....WTF???....3rd....lead 2007 MLB in shaved heads instead of talent.....
that's correct....the mets.....

lets see....pitcher suspended and brought back 7 TIMES for alcohol abuse.... another player involved in steriod scandal....another former capt accused of bigotry.....a pitcher who throws bat pieces at a runner reaching 1st using the excuse he thought the bat he had in his hand was the ball!?? WTF??.....2000 win...wow 1 for the decade..that's a winning team for ya...that's worth there salary let alone the price to see the losers at the "rehab center in the bronx"....this is getting very dull...much like the yankees..you aren't proving nothing to me so squalk all u want...much like most yankee fans..living in the past trying to avoid there dismal present....hell there dont even know whose REALLY running the team anymore...im out

ENOUGH!!!! BOTH the Cranks and the Pond Scum are out of the playoffs!!!! Go find a room somewhere and battle it out while us REAL baseball fans enjoy the LCS and World Series! Sheesh...and you wonder why the rest of us hate BOTH TEAMS???

:::gets off soapbox::: "there....now I feel better..." :::wanders off to enjoy the games:::

woo... this thread got ugly fast!

Rooting for the Tribe here, but haven't watched the games; I can't stand Joe Buck and Tim McCarver, the announcers on Fox Sports.

About to watch the Rockies Dbacks game. Who won the sox Indians game?

LOL, I guess it's sad that the baseball arguments reminded me of Ocean's Twelve on the train... 😀😛

Well... I think the team I'm cheering to win the World Series is obvious... LET'S GO DEVIL...ERR I MEAN LET'S GO ROCKIES!!!

What's New

9/24/2024
Clips4Sale is where to be for the webs largest fetish clip selection!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back