• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Christians

If there's anything that turned me away from belief to begin with, it was that shit.

Now see, if they replaced the pews with comfy chairs and offered refreshments (like coffee, tea, and maybe even some donuts or perhaps some buttered scones) then I'm betting you Catholicism's numbers would f'ing SKYROCKET! Whom am I kidding though, that's like asking the church to consider letting Catholic Priests to be able to marry (which would solve Church's pedophile problem). Or apologize to all women for the CENTURIES of abuse it's done to women (especially European women). Or even change doctrine so that gay or lesbian people aren't considered ABOMINATIONS by the church. Or even allowing NUNS to RETIRE (which they DON'T GET TO DO even though PRIESTS CAN). Sigh, maybe one day though...

Last edited:
Not to necro a thread but I thought I'd bring up something John Cleese said when he was on a talk show defending "The Life of Brian" against criticism from the Catholic Church:

"Look, I understand the whole part about Christ dying for the absolution of mankind's sins but if I understand you right your saying that if I were to go out, rape and murder about a dozen or so women, then go to a church and beg forgiveness for my sins, proclaim my belief in the son of god and the holy trinity, then die suddenly of a heart attack that I'd be admitted into paradise? I'm only asking this because when I die if I should find out that hell is chalk full of decent people and heaven is chalk full of rapists and murders I can guarantee you that I'm probably not going to be in the best of moods."

Not to necro a thread but I thought I'd bring up something John Cleese said when he was on a talk show defending "The Life of Brian" against criticism from the Catholic Church:

"Look, I understand the whole part about Christ dying for the absolution of mankind's sins but if I understand you right your saying that if I were to go out, rape and murder about a dozen or so women, then go to a church and beg forgiveness for my sins, proclaim my belief in the son of god and the holy trinity, then die suddenly of a heart attack that I'd be admitted into paradise? I'm only asking this because when I die if I should find out that hell is chalk full of decent people and heaven is chalk full of rapists and murders I can guarantee you that I'm probably not going to be in the best of moods."

I wouldn't say that, but I mean, in a way, if you truly understand the word of God, and you truly ask for forgiveness, and you don't just ask and then planned in your head that you're going to do it again, I doubt you'd go to heaven. I mean, I could pray and all that shit, but on the inside, I could be saying, that was fun. I should do it again, blah blah blah. You have to repent. You have to know what you did is wrong and don't do it again. Sure, people slip, but raping someone, or becoming a murderer, without any thought as to what God would be saying to you, doing it over and over again, after asking God for forgiveness, I doubt God would be so forgiving with ya. Know what I mean? Sorry if I sounds like I am rambling hun -_- I'm not trying to.

I wouldn't say that, but I mean, in a way, if you truly understand the word of God, and you truly ask for forgiveness, and you don't just ask and then planned in your head that you're going to do it again, I doubt you'd go to heaven. I mean, I could pray and all that shit, but on the inside, I could be saying, that was fun. I should do it again, blah blah blah. You have to repent. You have to know what you did is wrong and don't do it again. Sure, people slip, but raping someone, or becoming a murderer, without any thought as to what God would be saying to you, doing it over and over again, after asking God for forgiveness, I doubt God would be so forgiving with ya. Know what I mean? Sorry if I sounds like I am rambling hun -_- I'm not trying to.

It's TOTALLY okay hun. I was just trying to interject a little bit of Cleese's legendary humor into the discussion (and hope it didn't ruffle to many feathers). You responded calmly and logically and I praise your cool head, keen wit, and smexy mettle. ^_^

It's TOTALLY okay hun. I was just trying to interject a little bit of Cleese's legendary humor into the discussion (and hope it didn't ruffle to many feathers). You responded calmly and logically and I praise your cool head, keen wit, and smexy mettle. ^_^

*blushes*........Right......I knew that *rubs back of head* But yeah, why shouldn't I keep a cool head? I'm not going to be like, you're asking the wrong question you fucking dipshit. That's not my attitude. Well, I guess it sort of is if I know someone is trying to piss me off but I don't know, *shrug* Ha. xD I guess it's too late to just say a simple thank you and sorry eh?

*blushes*........Right......I knew that *rubs back of head* But yeah, why shouldn't I keep a cool head? I'm not going to be like, you're asking the wrong question you fucking dipshit. That's not my attitude. Well, I guess it sort of is if I know someone is trying to piss me off but I don't know, *shrug* Ha. xD I guess it's too late to just say a simple thank you and sorry eh?

Awww...honey...there's no reason to say sorry kay? Your awesome and smexy and I enjoy the dialogue we have together. So no worries kay? (hugs) (snugs) (GLOMPS) ^_^

*giggles and glomps, snugs, and hugs back* Thank you Rox ^_^ You totlly *thinks* Rox! See what I did there? *waggles eyebrow*

I was born and raised in the Christian faith. My grandfather whom I love and see as a source of wisdom (spiritually and in other subjects) is a Methodist pastor. I am surrounded every day by people of multiple religious backgrounds and I get along with them all fine. Like the ten commandments say, Love thy neighbor as you would yourself. I work with a pagan who tries to dissuade me from my faith every day but even if I don't have all the answers to make him quit I don't let him shake my faith.

As for being on here I think that there are far worse things I could be doing with my life. I could never be a criminal really like a burglar or rapist or murderer because I have that thing called a conscience and I would have that regardless of my religion. The teaching of the Bible only give me more guidelines on how I should live my life but I haven't read them all yet. I do my best to stick to the ten commandments though.

"Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things unseen."

I was born and raised in the Christian faith. My grandfather whom I love and see as a source of wisdom (spiritually and in other subjects) is a Methodist pastor. I am surrounded every day by people of multiple religious backgrounds and I get along with them all fine. Like the ten commandments say, Love thy neighbor as you would yourself. I work with a pagan who tries to dissuade me from my faith every day but even if I don't have all the answers to make him quit I don't let him shake my faith.

As for being on here I think that there are far worse things I could be doing with my life. I could never be a criminal really like a burglar or rapist or murderer because I have that thing called a conscience and I would have that regardless of my religion. The teaching of the Bible only give me more guidelines on how I should live my life but I haven't read them all yet. I do my best to stick to the ten commandments though.

There's certainly no problem with you having a good measure of faith in the deity you worship hun. As long as nobody breaks a law in practicing their beliefs then they should feel free to believe what they want too.

"Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things unseen."

It's kind of funny you should bring up hope. Faith probably is an expression of hope. A hope that death isn't the end and we'll see loved ones again in the existence beyond death. Even cro-magnon buried their dead (which is probably a sign that they hoped something lay beyond death itself).

What's New

9/21/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a second to say hello to us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back