• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Contraption Mishap! */f , all over tickle (Cowboy Bebop)

@ GC-...... *wipes his eyes*....could it be....are you actually posting in one of MY threads? I guess hell has frozen over. 🙄 😀

But thank you all the same. ^__^

You really should watch the series. It will give you better insights on the characters and will help you, in my opinion, better express their personalities when you draw them. And all that makes for better pictures.

@ Myst- The thing with Vincent is that they needed to make an equal to Spike, otherwise having a main antagonist that can't cut would be pointless, boring, and wouldn't provide us the action we wanted to see between these two characters. The only problem is there already is such a character- Vicious. And Vicious overshadows Vincent for a few reasons- One, hes the main antagonist of the series, two, he and Spike have a history, and three, Vicious becomes essential to the plot later on.

Vincent therefore cannot compare to Vicious for fundamental reasons. It was necessary though to make him a tough guy thats almost unbeatable. Realistically, its not impossible for Vincent to be as skilled as Spike or Vicious. Vincent afterall has a history of his own. We just don't care as much because he's only in a movie and only provides plot for the duration of the movie, whereas Vicious is slowly taking control of the Red Dragon Syndicate throughout the series.

The same comparison could be applied to Electra too. Shes no Faye, but she is a powerful character in her own right; just like Vincent.

@ HDS- Yeah, I was looking through the different functions that paintshop has, and I compared it to that of photoshop. Aside from more options, filters, etc., the programs are essentially the same. I could produce what would be required or what would be satisifactory for CG work. Its only a matter of setting aside the time to get to know the program better. I've had it all this time and I haven't used it. Thats my fault, because I could have been CGing already and would have been really skilled at it by now. Its never too late to start however.

*reads it over and over* Yeah, I suppose your right CE, but I think it's just my little vendetta against our friend Vincent, he just wasn't a character I found...entertaining...much like Sephiroth from Final Fantasy whom many seem to love...

Guess i'm just one whose not for specific characters...to me Vincent was just too...depressed and pessimisitc for my tastes..another end-of-the-series Spike...you know..."maybe this time ill die" "I wanna wake up" yada yada ^^

You must remember though that Vincent was a tortured man; much more so than Spike. In comparison, Spike was in situations he didn't want to be in and he was being used. He was having a hard time getting of of the Syndicate, he had Julia to worry about, etc. But he is overall a pretty sane character who has overcome. Vincent was tortured, manipulated, and controlled in a way Spike never was.

Vincent is a lost soul. He's supposed to be pathetic in that sense. But more often than not characters like this derive their strength from their weakness, and through that strength go about their business of wanting to either conquer the world, kill the masses, and/or get even with someone for a life-time of pain and suffering.

Vincent is not a multi-faceted character like Spike or the others. Even Vicious has character and personality dispite his cold heart. I think therefore that they created Vincent appropriately and in such a way that you could choose to disgust him for his personality and looks or for what he's trying to accomplish. The fact he could have killed Spike on two seperate occasions if he wanted to validates him however as a compelling character, even if it was within the confines of a movie.

Had Vincent been in the series, I think he would have proven his worth over time and more people would have accepted him.

Well if thats all you have to say, thats all you have to say. I don't expect you to type as much as I do. Don't worry. No need to cowar in fear. 😛 I just get meticulously detailed about things I'm interested in or things that can have something said for them. I'd rather say something than nothing.

"Yup", "Yes", "No", and other one word answers usually aren't enough for me. Not unless of course its a very casual or mundane conversation. Sometimes though one word answers are direct, to the point, and speak volumes.

Maybe I shouldn't type so much. If I talked in the real world the way I type online I'd probably be annoying. LOL

No one has a problem with me because of this, do they? If its a problem I'm not aware of I'd like someone to tell me. 😕

Some people call this being 'long winded'. I call it being thorough or eloquant.

Completely the last sentence. As someone who has joined in several of those "Long-winded" 😛 conversations, I say that with certainty.

"Freakin'-a-right!"- Priestess/Lady Neese (Record of Lodoss War: Chronicles of the Heroic Knight- "Welcome to Lodoss Island" (SD chibi segments))

Yes, I do go the extra mile to use a fitting anime quote. 😛 😀

Well, you have done your share of Deedlit pictures, although I have not seen a Lodoss pic from you in some time.

I've done some Pirotess pictures too. Some of my Lodoss War pictures are from that old batch I never got around to uploading or finishing. Lodoss War is more than just about those two though. I have lots of ideas for all the female characters, I just haven't found the time to put them on paper.

What's New

9/21/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a second to say hello to us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back