• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Debate on Validity of Religion (split from "Christians" thread)

Okay, the thread has officially degenerated away from intellectual discourse to sophomoric attempts at humor.

I'll be honest. I don't think this thread ever involved much intelligent discourse.

Last edited:
Don't forget charity (religion) and eugenics (science). There are two sides to every coin, and both can be loaded guns in the hands of the nefarious.

Ignorance and prejudice is a human problem, not one linked specifically or exclusively to religion. My fellow atheists would do well to remember that--but, case in point, I suppose.

There's nothing scientific about Eugenics if not simply for the fact that Eugenicists commonly believed that mutations only occurred as a result of inheritance.

Found this whilst browsing the internet. Pretty accurate, imo.

Nazis thought they were making a better world. Give them some credit.

Correction. They thought they were making a better world FOR THEMSELVES. They didn't give a SHIT about ANYONE ELSE.

Correction. They thought they were making a better world FOR THEMSELVES. They didn't give a SHIT about ANYONE ELSE.

For themselves, and anyone who was just like them and agreed with them; anyone else better get out of the way. They carried it to greater extremes, sure, but the basic idea is the same as any organized religion I ever heard of.

For themselves, and anyone who was just like them and agreed with them; anyone else better get out of the way. They carried it to greater extremes, sure, but the basic idea is the same as any organized religion I ever heard of.

Sounds like a business model of common practice in any industry I can think of, too.

There are such things as unfalsifiable hypotheses. Fairly simple; it's something that cannot be proved as ludicrous. No scientific method or test could abate its validity. For example: I have a giant, invisible t-rex. It's a ghastly spectre, imperceptible. You don't believe me? Well, I have faith! Disprove it!... See what I'm getting at? You could claim that an anthropomorphic dolphin created the universe, and you could not be proven incorrect, as it's unfalsifiable. If you attempted to provide argument against this notion, (the theory of evolution, the big bang theory, etc.) they could simply invent a new retort - such as "He wanted it this way," or if you observed every inch of the universe and saw no god - they could say: "well, he's invisible," or, "lives in an alternative dimension."

However - the Christian definition of god is known to us. The Bible - the basis for its "belief". Dependent upon the version you succumb to, their idea is that the world was created by god 12,000 or so years ago. That man was forged from dirt, and woman from the rib of the man, and that the animals were created in a day. That god is responsible for the weather, personally responsible. All this, thought up 2,000 years ago by desert people. Primitive man. Before we were aware of the scientific mechanisms of nature. Of all these things, naturalistically explainable. The Christian's most prevalent retort is, "prove me wrong." I can. And I have. You, however, (an unspecific Christian individual) deny this truth in the place of your beliefs. It's like asking your mother or father how the soda machine knows what soda you want when you use it as a child, and they tell you there's a little man inside that drops it down. Before you're aware of the machinery inside.

The idea of the Christian god is this, in its sense. Prior used as an explanation. And now, it's used for psychological gratification, an escape from a fear of death, the rationalization of external subjective evils, a force to comfort in adversity, to gain an insurmountable bliss after life - so that their endeavors may not be in vain. The Christian god is ludicrous. Faith is not a viable opponent for objective realities. Denial does not abate the truth. Your truth is based upon your mindless and baseless interpretations, close-minded and deluded, denying all fact to further consolidate your religious agenda, your delusions. The Christian god is antiquated. It is absurd. It is time for humankind to evolve beyond its delusions, and transcend to a higher state of existence. Be free from the intrinsic egocentrism that enslaves us.

Last edited:
Did... Did you just make an account... to reply to... this thread?

Normally I'd say that's a waste of time, but I'm having trouble seeing how any of this is any sort of waste, especially considering the concentrated depth you went to. So... Bravo, Nihilist.

This entire thread is a waste of time.

I have spent years arguing the implausibilities related to religions, and the various aspects of theism and creationism.

The only thing I gained was a headache, and the realization that it simply doesn't matter. I changed nothing.

All I did was reiterate the same arguments that people have been making for hundreds of years, and hear the same retorts that people have been making for the same amount of time.

There are such things as unfalsifiable hypotheses. Fairly simple; it's something that cannot be proved as ludicrous. No scientific method or test could abate its validity. For example: I have a giant, invisible t-rex. It's a ghastly spectre, imperceptible. You don't believe me? Well, I have faith! Disprove it!... See what I'm getting at? You could claim that an anthropomorphic dolphin created the universe, and you could not be proven incorrect, as it's unfalsifiable. If you attempted to provide argument against this notion, (the theory of evolution, the big bang theory, etc.) they could simply invent a new retort - such as "He wanted it this way," or if you observed every inch of the universe and saw no god - they could say: "well, he's invisible," or, "lives in an alternative dimension."

However - the Christian definition of god is known to us. The Bible - the basis for its "belief". Dependent upon the version you succumb to, their idea is that the world was created by god 12,000 or so years ago. That man was forged from dirt, and woman from the rib of the man, and that the animals were created in a day. That god is responsible for the weather, personally responsible. All this, thought up 2,000 years ago by desert people. Primitive man. Before we were aware of the scientific mechanisms of nature. Of all these things, naturalistically explainable. The Christian's most prevalent retort is, "prove me wrong." I can. And I have. You, however, (an unspecific Christian individual) deny this truth in the place of your beliefs. It's like asking your mother or father how the soda machine knows what soda you want when you use it as a child, and they tell you there's a little man inside that drops it down. Before you're aware of the machinery inside.

The idea of the Christian god is this, in its sense. Prior used as an explanation. And now, it's used for psychological gratification, an escape from a fear of death, the rationalization of external subjective evils, a force to comfort in adversity, to gain an insurmountable bliss after life - so that their endeavors may not be in vain. The Christian god is ludicrous. Faith is not a viable opponent for objective realities. Denial does not abate the truth. Your truth is based upon your mindless and baseless interpretations, close-minded and deluded, denying all fact to further consolidate your religious agenda, your delusions. The Christian god is antiquated. It is absurd. It is time for humankind to evolve beyond its delusions, and transcend to a higher state of existence. Be free from the intrinsic egocentrism that enslaves us.
Very well put.

For themselves, and anyone who was just like them and agreed with them; anyone else better get out of the way.

Hun, as soon as American's war machine got pumping they were FUCKING DOOMED. At best they could have OCCUPIED most of western Europe and that's only IF they developed nukes at the same time we did. Instead of doing that they OVEREXTENDED themselves and UTTERLY WASTED their war machine on the bombing of Britain and the Invasion of Russia. By the time D Day occurred the GLORIOUS Luftwaffe of Nazi Germany was reduced to TWO MEASLY PLANES. I repeat, TWO. FUCKING. PLANES. The planes we had lent Britain had LITERALLY torn their fighters and bombers to MINCEMEAT!

They carried it to greater extremes, sure, but the basic idea is the same as any organized religion I ever heard of.

While I will DEFINITELY concede (if not outright agree) that Nazism's crimes against humanity were comparable to the crimes of MANY organized religions throughout the world I do not believe the use of the words "greater extremes" can accurately describe Nazism itself. The entire philosophy was hate-ridden hun. Granted, the Germans had a lot to be upset about (especially at nations such as France and Britain) but I don't really think that justified labeling everyone else who didn't have blonde hair and blue eyes an "ABOMINATION". It certainly didn't justify what they did to disabled people, gypsies, gays, lesbians, Jews, and others. Then again I might be taking your statements the wrong way. If I am, please accept my apologies.

Last edited:
What's New

9/21/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a second to say hello to us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back