• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Discussion about thread spam (split from 'TT Member Doodles by Senshi - Sign Up Today!')

Celtic_Emperor

3rd Level White Feather
Sorry if I'm spoiling your fun by asking this, but don't you guys think you've spammed enough in his art thread? I was going to say something yesterday, but I wanted to see if maybe you'd tire of this and stop on your own.

Whether he's going to allow it or not or say anything about it is beside the point. Most of the views, posts, pages, and bumps this thread has is because of you three or four guys, not because of anything he did. The thread is not being used for it's purpose.

Out of respect, don't you think you should take this elsewhere?

Vladislaus Dracula said:
Sorry if I'm spoiling your fun by asking this, but don't you guys think you've spammed enough in his art thread? I was going to say something yesterday, but I wanted to see if maybe you'd tire of this and stop on your own.

Whether he's going to allow it or not or say anything about it is beside the point. Most of the views, posts, pages, and bumps this thread has is because of you three or four guys, not because of anything he did. The thread is not being used for it's purpose.

Out of respect, don't you think you should take this elsewhere?

I agree actually, and I try to keep such things to other places more built for it. It's just a difficult thing to do, as off-topicness is a very easy thing to accomplish. If it's bothering him, then I apologize.

Excess said:
I agree actually, and I try to keep such things to other places more built for it. It's just a difficult thing to do, as off-topicness is a very easy thing to accomplish. If it's bothering him, then I apologize.

I don't think its difficult to do at all. Why don't I and others have a problem with this? I'll tell you why.

With respect, its mainly just you 4-6 people. You guys are a bad influence on eachother when it comes to spam and you follow eachother around everywhere like playmates. The reason its easy for you to fall into this as a habit is because, amongst yourselves, no one ever suggests that you should stop, because you're all like-minded and no one complains. You get caught in the moment and you don't see an exit point because you don't want one. It takes someone like me, outside of your sphere, to break it to you and provide you an exit.

Then people like me look like unfriendly jerks in the process. We're the fun killers, the buzz killers, and the kill joys and we need to be "less serious".

Its a vicious cycle in it's own way. You guys don't learn anything and folks who try to stop or redirect you get the bad end of the deal.

I apologize for lecturing you.

Last edited:
Vladislaus Dracula said:
I don't think its difficult to do at all. Why don't I and others have a problem with this? I'll tell you why.

With respect, its mainly just you 4-6 people. You guys are a bad influence on eachother when it comes to spam and you follow eachother around everywhere like playmates. The reason its easy for you to fall into this as a habit is because, amongst yourselves, no one ever suggests that you should stop, because you're all like-minded and no one complains. You get caught in the moment and you don't see an exit point because you don't want one. It takes someone like me, outside of your sphere, to break it to you and provide you an exit.

Then people like me look like unfriendly jerks in the process. We're the fun killers, the buzz killers, and the kill joys.

Its a vicious cycle in it's own way. You guys don't learn anything and folks who try to stop you get the bad end of the deal.

I apologize for lecturing you.

No, it's fine, I know it can be a problem, it's that no one ever really says anything that it continues. It's probably that no one ever really gets a sense that it is bothering anyone that it can go on with no apparent problem. So really, I should be apologizing for it. I know that I, for one, as long as I know it might bother someone, will do the best that I can to keep it in places that it won't bother anyone (i.e. RB thread). It's getting into the habit of keeping that fresh in mind that is what's needed I suppose.

It occurred to me this morning, in fact, when I came here. I realized that it'd gotten outta hand here and I felt really bad about it. >_< For my part, I'm sorry, and I'm gonna try to keep things on topic.

@ Excess: I don't think its even a matter of whether it bothers anyone or not.

Netiquette is such that people have to train themselves to bring themselves into accountability regardless of the situation and look outside of their own and being considerate of others just because, not because there is or is not any proof that anyone minds. In other words, don't wait until its a possible problem to deal with it.

If you really need to be doing this as often as you handful of guys do, then I suggest taking it to chatrooms, IMs, and e-mails. Thats what they're there for.

That solves everything everytime. You don't get chided, and, because its outside of the site and in private, you can do or say whatever the hell you want without anyone having to see it and without it effecting the site, the number of threads, posts, etc. Thats a sweet deal, right? 🙂

The big problem is that some people (usually spammers) use webforums as their own private phone-line and they don't consider anybody else other than who they're talking to. They often times treat it like one big chatroom or IM service thats there to service just them. I think that if people made more extensive use of chatrooms and IMs and less extensive use of forums when it came to this type of banter (between the same, small group of people), then everything would be solved.

EDIT:

Its funny that your name is Excess, since this very matter revolves around and is because of excess, to begin with. 😛

Last edited:
Vladislaus Dracula said:
@ Excess:I don't think its even a matter of whether it bothers anyone or not.

Netiquette is such that people have to train themselves to bring themselves into accountability regardless of the situation.

If you really need to be doing this as often as you handful of guys do, then I suggest taking it to chatrooms, IMs, and e-mails. Thats what they're there for.

That solves everything everytime. You don't get chided, and, because its outside of the site and in private, you can do or say whatever the hell you want without anyone having to see it. 🙂

The big problem is that some people (usually spammers) use webforums as their own private phone-line. They often times treat it like one big chatroom or IM service. I think that if people made more extensive use of chatrooms and IMs and less extensive use of forums when it came to this type of banter (between the same, small group of people), then everything would be solved.

EDIT:

Its funny that your name is Excess, since this very matter revolves around and is because of excess, to begin with.

See, I greatly prefer IM services myself, but it seems I'm the only one that does. It seems that all the others prefer to just use the forums (as I've actually been told), so I just go with it because they apparently don't care to converse any other way. Of course, I'm not saying I know exactly what they think, but this is what I've encountered.

Psst. Guys. Start a thread about forum etiquette 😉

Excess said:
See, I greatly prefer IM services myself, but it seems I'm the only one that does. It seems that all the others prefer to just use the forums (as I've actually been told), so I just go with it because they apparently don't care to converse any other way. Of course, I'm not saying I know exactly what they think, but this is what I've encountered.

Well, if thats true, then maybe, so as to set an example instead of following the leader (which is another problem you guys have, you just follow eachother leads), you refuse to do this.

Because your group is so small (what, like 4-6 people) even one of those people refusing to fill the site with their spam will have an effect on the group. The others will inevitably want you back that they too may get with the program.

Using this website as a personal phone or chatroom isn't right, no matter what angle you view it from. Its completely inconsiderate of the rest of the site.

Vladislaus Dracula said:
Well, if thats true, then maybe, so as to set an example instead of following the leader (which is another problem you guys have, you just follow eachother leads), you refuse to do this.

Because your group is so small (what, like 4-6 people) even one of those people refusing to fill the site with their spam will have an effect on the group. The others will inevitably want you back that they too may get with the program.

Using this website as a personal phone or chatroom isn't right, no matter what angle you view it from. Its completely inconsiderate of the rest of the site.

Actually, Sammi and I have already been discussing this, so that would likely be the best course of action.

Sammi-chan said:
Psst. Guys. Start a thread about forum etiquette 😉

No. And you want to know why? It won't do any good.

All the time with you guys its "I'm sorry" or "I'll remember" or "next time" or "I'm working on it". BS. You guys don't remember anything. It goes in one ear and out the other. Even the mods can do and say things one week, and then a couple weeks go by and you're back at it.

Have you already forgotten that we went so far as to suggest a spam forum, where some of you pledged that you would definitely clean your acts up? Some of you sounded so sincere back then. What happened, huh? Yeah, thats right, you forgot.

In one ear and out the other.

You know what that tells me and probably tells other people too? It tells us you don't really care.

I'm through here.

And Senshi, I'm sorry you had to have this nonsense in your thread. I apologize for them and myself. Bye.

Vladislaus Dracula said:
No. And you want to know why? It won't do any good.

All the time with you guys its "I'm sorry" or "I'll remember" or "next time" or "I'm working on it". BS. You guys don't remember anything. It goes in one ear and out the other. Even the mods can do and say things one week, and then a couple weeks go by and you're back at it.

Have you already forgotten that we went so far as to suggest a spam forum, where some of you pledged that you would definitely clean your acts up? Some of you sounded so sincere back then. What happened, huh? Yeah, thats right, you forgot.

In one ear and out the other.

You know what that tells me and probably tells other people too? It tells us you don't really care.

I'm through here.

Well fine then, go ahead and believe that. Me, I'm going to attemp to get "the others" to understand and begin to "clean up our acts", which is something that has ever truely been attempted before inside our "group". But if you can't understand that some things can't just happen overnight, and without any form of reminder, it won't be built upon, then there's nothing I can do about that. The most you can ever ask anyone to do is their best, and if you're going to chide people for their best not being good enough, then I have nothing more to say to you.

I'm done as well.

Last edited:
You might have a point but there's no need whatsoever to make a post like that I don't think sorry Vlad. Not tryna start an arguement, but that's how I feel sorry.

Excess said:
Well fine then, go ahead and believe that. Me, I'm going to attemp to get "the others" to understand and begin to "clean up our acts", which is something that has ever truely been attempted before inside our "group". But if you can't understand that some things can't just happen overnight, and without any form of reminder, it won't be built upon, then there's nothing I can do about that. The most you can ever ask anyone to do is their best, and if you're going to chide people for their best not being good enough, then I have nothing more to say to you.

I'm going to say this and I'm only going to say it once- that is a crock of bullshit.You have had plenty of time, weeks, months, even years in some cases to get your acts together. Don't give me this "overnight" crap. Noone ever expected that because its not realistic. What you've been given to work with has been however.

Please don't make excuses or try and defend what you HAVEN'T done yet. Show me, show us some result or fruit of your effort and you may, but not now when you have not a thing to show for all this time you've had. I, nor anyone else has even seen a morsal, a sample, a shred that you guys are trying at all.

Don't make me look that overbearing because its simply not true. Even I have been very patient with each and every one of you.You've had plenty of time to show us all some result and plenty of chances, but you all fail, some more than others.

Do I hold it against you as a person? Of course not. As a fellow member? Yes. You leave me very little choice in the matter.

Please shape up or take it to IMs. Preferably both.

Last edited:
lonelykimiko said:
You might have a point but there's no need whatsoever to make a post like that I don't think sorry Vlad. Not tryna start an arguement, but that's how I feel sorry.

Of course thats how you feel. I can understand it. But if I were in your situation I wouldn't feel the same way. We're just going to have to agree to disagree, you and I.

Sorry to interrupt the Great Count in his quest to regain control of the peasants, but I just wanted to say great post and cute pics to Senshi.

Tis all good 🙂 . Everyone has just lost their temper anyways, so no point making issues now I dont think. I love the pics Senshi! XD .

44blues said:
Sorry to interrupt the Great Count in his quest to regain control of the peasants, but I just wanted to say great post and cute pics to Senshi.

Is that really how you think of me? I feel sorry for you, even if you are just being sarcastic. Being on the same site as me must be a pain.

I think he was only messing around 🙂 . Anyways, off to bed. You all have a great night 😀 .

lonelykimiko said:
Tis all good 🙂 . Everyone has just lost their temper anyways, so no point making issues now I dont think. I love the pics Senshi! XD .
Please stop trying to white wash things and sweep them under the rug. Tis not all good. If it was, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Oh, I've also reported this thread. I've asked in the report that there be a pruning of the argumentive content. A deletion is an option, but if you spammers really want to prove that you mean what you say and you're really trying this time then its probably better that its pruned and sent elsewhere so you can elaborate further.

Again, I'm really sorry Senshi. If they had cut their nonsense out and respected your thread a little more, I wouldn't have had to say anything and this never would have happened. I know thats little consolation, and if you want to be angry at me, you have my permission to be as angry as you want. You, and only you are the one who deserves compensation. Not me and not them.

You made a good decision. Taking two countermeasures, rather than one is smart.

My concern about the bumping inparticular is that it means your thread isn't being bumped under or because of its own merits, and thats a bit sad (from an artist perspective). I'm sure you would want your art bumped because it deserves to be, not because people are carrying on off-topic with or without your consent or approval. Even if you tell them its ok, I still think they should mind the thread and exhibit some restraint just as a common courtesy whether you ask of it or not, even if only for the sake of others not having to wade through pages to get to the real comments and critiques.

This is a major reason why spamming and art threads just don't go well together. Having two seperate things going on doesn't help.

Every artist (myself included) wants to keep their thread at the top for as long as they can for at least a couple days. This is to make sure our art gets the exposure we would like and hope for. Also, by keeping it at the top, it ensures the people who would have a comment or critique to give are there to see it before it gets bumped down prematurely (which is something that can easily happen in non-tickling images). As stated many times, the ammount of non-tickling fetish material overwhelms the material that is not (such as your threads and my threads).

However, I feel there is an obvious difference in how the life of a thread should be prolonged. If its because people keep responding to the subject matter and keeping it fresh, then technically thats a legitimate bump (as would a non-spamming conversation thats at least related to the subject matter be a legit bump). An illegitimate bump in an art thread is when either the artist or the people whom have already posted have moved past the content and are using the thread to carry on in some other manner, whilst keeping the THREAD, but not the TOPIC, alive when perhaps it should be dead or would be if not for this activity (and I mean dead or over, not merely just bumped down).

So, see, whether or not you allow spamming in your threads, theres still the matter of illegit. bumping. And that effects others in almost the same way spamming does. Rather than having to see the spam, they have to see the thread constantly bumped, and it can serve as an obnoxious reminder the way actually witnessing the spam itself may be.

If this was all due to it's popularity of content then it wouldn't matter as much, but when spam alone if giving your threads hype, views, and posts they may not deserve under the circumstances, its another matter.

I think this may very well apply to any and every thread.

Vladislaus Dracula said:
Please stop trying to white wash things and sweep them under the rug. Tis not all good. If it was, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

I didnt mean that as disrespect to you or anyone. I said tis all good because I prefer to say that and be done with an issue where we both disagree on something and it's obvious that furthur arguing will bring about no clear conclusion, and only raise further hostility.

Anyway, I'm sorry I butted into the arguement. I didnt disagree with you as a whole in what you were saying the other day, only with one of your posts where I believe the tone of your message was rather harsh and uncalled for. But that's all water under the bridge now, so no real harm done 🙂 .

What's New

9/22/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday Eve at 11PM EDT.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back