• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Favorite albums of 2014 so far?

Pharrell Williams - G I R L (neo-soul, funk)

Aloe Blacc - Lift Your Spirit (pop, r&b, soul)

Jason Derulo - Talk Dirty (r&b, pop)

Disclosure - Settle (deep house, UK garage, future garage)

Iggy Azalea - The New Classic (hip hop, EDM, trap)

Honorable Mentions:

Jhene Aiko - Sailing Soul (s) (r&b, indie pop, neo soul) came out in 2011, but did not start to get played much until this year

The Black Keys - Turn Blue (garage rock, blues rock, psychadelic rock) I havent given this album a good listen yet, but hopes are indeed high. 🙂

A few more albums that I forgot to mention:

St. Vincent - St. Vincent
Bruce Springsteen - High Hopes
Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings - Give the People What They Want
Beck - Morning Phase

Got this for my birthday in 1981
petrucci-rush-twenty-twelve-630-80.jpg

...they were out of Moving Pictures which I got later.

That disc was made when Alex, Geddy, and Neil's backs were to the proverbial wall, with an "up yours" attitude...the rest is history.

Today's processed schlock doesn't have that excitement of a new album being unwrapped, pulled out of the sleeve, seeing the shiny grooves and fresh label on the black plastic and anticipating that first note amid the hum of the phonograph player. It's nice to know that Vinyl is making a comeback.

That disc was made when Alex, Geddy, and Neil's backs were to the proverbial wall, with an "up yours" attitude...the rest is history.

Today's processed schlock doesn't have that excitement of a new album being unwrapped, pulled out of the sleeve, seeing the shiny grooves and fresh label on the black plastic and anticipating that first note amid the hum of the phonograph player. It's nice to know that Vinyl is making a comeback.
You can't beat a bit of vinyl! Got a bit of a collection going now. I like the ritual of putting a vinyl record on. Music is far too delete-able these days. If you don't like a song on the first listen you swipe to the right and bin it off. Music deserves more respect!

Vinyl is the shit, if it's music that was meant to be on vinyl. When new hipster artists release vinyl albums, it's kinda like "just stahhhhp."

Vinyl is the shit, if it's music that was meant to be on vinyl. When new hipster artists release vinyl albums, it's kinda like "just stahhhhp."

I don't really mind new bands releasing vinyl and I do buy some new stuff on vinyl but most of what is made today is so over produced that it doesn't really warrant it. Vinyl is at it's best with someone like leadbelly, bluesing at you over the static. Un perfected sound but you get a real feel for that shit!

I don't really mind new bands releasing vinyl and I do buy some new stuff on vinyl but most of what is made today is so over produced that it doesn't really warrant it. Vinyl is at it's best with someone like leadbelly, bluesing at you over the static. Un perfected sound but you get a real feel for that shit!

Couldn't agree more.

Amethystium - Transience is my most played for 2014. It's my bedtime or work go to

I have seen Rush a few times over the past few years, some of the best shows I have ever seen! I really dig the last album they came out with Clockwork Angels, its IMO the best collective album they have released since the mid-80s

I just recently got the new Led Zeppelin remasters on vinyl and they sound amazing!

Jack White just broke a record for most vinyl sold within a first week release with 40,000 copies sold. What he did with his album is really cool, putting double-grooves on vinyl so there are two different possible intros to one song, one side spinning from the label outwards, having hidden songs you can play on the paper of the label, etc.

That is 30+ years of fantastic artists you are missing out on! I love 60's and 70's artists too but I dunno - the world of music is so vast and amazing that I don't see limiting the scope of what my ears hear to just two decades.

Last edited:
So I haven't bought them, but played the new Black Keys and Jack White albums on Youtube. The new Black Keys has a couple good ones, and a few crappy songs I could do without. Was more into their earlier stripped-down guitar/drum sound. Really liked a lot of The White Stripes songs even though I find Jack White's voice totally irritating(sounds like he's tattaling on someone). Not sure what to make of "Lazaretto".
I did hear Tom Petty's new song which is awesome, and will buy that cd once it's out.

Drew

So I haven't bought them, but played the new Black Keys and Jack White albums on Youtube. The new Black Keys has a couple good ones, and a few crappy songs I could do without. Was more into their earlier stripped-down guitar/drum sound. Really liked a lot of The White Stripes songs even though I find Jack White's voice totally irritating(sounds like he's tattaling on someone). Not sure what to make of "Lazaretto".
I did hear Tom Petty's new song which is awesome, and will buy that cd once it's out.

Drew
I've been worried about the black keys' new album. As you said I love the old stripped back bluesy stuff (the flame from magic potion is by far their best song IMO) and I'm worried about them going too pop. I'll give it a go though. Jack White can just do no wrong in my book. Amazing musician and a MASSIVELY under rated guitarist.

Ill stick to the great stuff of the 60s and 70s.

An amazing era in music I'm sure everyone agrees but mate, there is sooo much good stuff coming out all the time! There's nothing wrong with knowing what you like but try not to pigeon hole yourself-it's only you that's missing out!

I've been worried about the black keys' new album. As you said I love the old stripped back bluesy stuff (the flame from magic potion is by far their best song IMO) and I'm worried about them going too pop. I'll give it a go though. Jack White can just do no wrong in my book. Amazing musician and a MASSIVELY under rated guitarist.

Oh I agree about Jack White being an amazing musician and guitarist. The song "Little Bird" really introduced me to his guitar style. Maybe I should give "Lazaretto" and "Blunderbuss" another listen.

Drew

Artist: Haim
Album: Days Are Gone

Artist: Hozier
Album: From Eden EP/Take Me to Church EP

Hozier is alternative blues and has renewed my hope for there being really good music coming back. He's also Irish and gorgeous. But his voice.... lawd. His songwriting is impeccable.

Haim is what appears to be 3 sisters who have strong voices, with the ability of altering their cadence to a soothing sound, with lyrics that don't stand anywhere near the other shite that dames have tried to pump out. It's kind of like looking at three pretty girls and thinking their weak. Right before they slam you in the face.

What's New

9/22/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday Eve at 11PM EDT.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back